• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh, so Punk was the actual secret training partner.
I can see it now.

Tokido: Lets run some sets

Punk: sure

Tokido:
noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Domstercool

Another great year!

At the end of it, Punk should be proud as hell at his achievement. He's got many years in front of him to get revenge. Tokido was just playing better at the moment. Good stuff!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Punk has nothing to be ashamed of. Still the highest earning FGC player this year.
He had to carry a whole country on his back and this is his first EVO, prior to this year he never traveled. Just keep going at it, the future is bright.

Any of those guys winning would've been something. But Tokido has been playing for so long and had so many 2nd place finishes it was just a matter of time.

I guess I'm heartless, Punk talked so much shit and taunted so many people throughout the year... I really don't feel bad for him after that. He's insanely good at the game, he'll come back but it really sucks being on the other end.

I don't think he taunted once this event? He toned that down once he became an established player really.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Red Rapper. Oh god I'm out for good now.

Till next year everyone.

And for those still wanting more, A few salty suites will be up.

RocBase

getting pretty emotional myself tbh

this year has been incredible, every second of it

bless evo, many cheers to all of those who made this event possible

sinkfla87

I swear there was a moment when Tokido was holding the trophy in the line up and getting his name called, Punk looked over at the trophy in Tokido's hand and started crying even harder before looking away. If punk wasn't a massive shit talker I would have felt bad but in this context it was hilarious.

Congrats Tokido!!!

Top Bottom