• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

On Demand

Banned
Real Nights with Real Lights mod is pretty cool, just had a look. It makes the game almost pitch black, other than world lights and torches, at night. It's also creepy as fuck.

50ad72d0-f7e3-4ff2-9be1-c87174889e46_preview_916139_2197231528735459688_large.png

This will probably be the first mod I'll use. I never liked how it was still bright outside at night.

gossi

Does this affect the enemy field of vision? If it doesn't, it's useless and extremely unbalanced. If it does, I guess I will play Fallout 4 tonight.

It doesn't in this mod. However, on PC somebody has coded that, so it must be possible.

gossi

Just tried Another Life mod. You make a new game, it drops you to character creator, then drops you into an Insitute test chamber. You select your job and location, and boom; it teleports you in. You role play you've been mind wiped or whatever, the introduction is all gone.

Floody

Hopefully Bethesda increase the 2GB over time, just saw this mod, which looks really good, but takes up almost 1GB.

Just tried Another Life mod. You make a new game, it drops you to character creator, then drops you into an Insitute test chamber. You select your job and location, and boom; it teleports you in. You role play you've been mind wiped or whatever, the introduction is all gone.

Link? Sounds fun.

Bsigg12

Was interested until I saw it deactivates achievements and trophies. I can understand on some, but texture mods?

Fail

They aren't checking what the mods do other than looking for boobs. It's just easier to shut off achievements/trophies for allowing this than attempting to cert every mod to allow it to work.

gossi

For when we get the questions about when this activates tomorrow for all -- Bethesda said on Twitch it happens when they flick the server switch their end. There's no client patch, we already have it installed. So.. Sometime tomorrow, office hours US.

joecanada

build anywhere mods... exactly what I stated in a previous thread and was serenaded with the usual chorus of

"consoles can't handle that"

despite there being hacks already to circumvent build size limits, etc.

How does that work with all the dialogue/quests related to your son?

Tigress

That sounds cool.. how does it tackle the main line quests? Or does it just leave it alonea nd it leaves you up to figure out how that works in?

Also, I wonder if it is possible (even if not possible on the console) to mod in that finding shelter under a roof/ in a building protects you at least partially from rad storms? I loved the idea of rad storms at first but it was disappointing learning that other than if you can find an area you have to load into that all it does is add unescapable radation made them boring. I was originally envisioning that rad storms would be these things that encouraged you to try to find shelter when they happened. Making them unescable radiation just means they are an annoyance rather than a fun game mechanic. Oh gee, a rad storm,w ell nothing much I can do about it so I might as well ignore it and take a radaway after.

I gotta be honest, when Beth first said mods on consoles, I was cynical. I expected maybe a dozen or so mods, all pre-approved and curated by Beth with the possibility of long wait times and only occasional updates presented via "mod packs." I never expected this, like, at all. This is a huge step for console gaming and while I don't always like the design and gameplay decisions Beth makes, they deserve mad props for this.

N° 2048

That sounds cool.. how does it tackle the main line quests? Or does it just leave it alonea nd it leaves you up to figure out how that works in?

Also, I wonder if it is possible (even if not possible on the console) to mod in that finding shelter under a roof/ in a building protects you at least partially from rad storms? I loved the idea of rad storms at first but it was disappointing learning that other than if you can find an area you have to load into that all it does is add unescapable radation made them boring. I was originally envisioning that rad storms would be these things that encouraged you to try to find shelter when they happened. Making them unescable radiation just means they are an annoyance rather than a fun game mechanic. Oh gee, a rad storm,w ell nothing much I can do about it so I might as well ignore it and take a radaway after.

Going inside a building does lessen the radiation from storms already. I am 100% sure because without Power Armor on Survival Mode radiation storms hit me hard but I run inside somewhere and close a door and the rads are significantly less.

Tigress

Going inside a building does lessen the radiation from storms already. I am 100% sure because without Power Armor on Survival Mode radiation storms hit me hard but I run inside somewhere and close a door and the rads are significantly less.

I've never noticed that. If I run inside and shut the door (I ised to do this when I first got the game cause I assumed that was how it worked) I notice I still get just as much rads when lightening strikes as if I'm outside.

bobawesome

Which issue is this?

Is that the bug where having the targeting hud mod for Power Armor equipped aggros certain NPCs?

The specific issue I'm referring to is when you
side with Lorenzo and later help Jack and his family kill Lorenzo instead. After defeating Lorenzo, I was told to come back after a period of time to receive a weapon. I guess I waited TOO long and now the misc mission won't complete and Jack is ticked off at me. He blames me for the death of his mother and says he has nothing to say to me. I would at least like the mission to fail so it can just be removed from my quest log.

I can't imagine many others have run into this and it's been overlooked by Bethesda but for some reason it was the last straw when it came to playing as that specific character.

Kssio_Aug

I'm still carrying my Fallout 4 disc (Xbox One) waiting for this! As soon as some great mods get released on Xbox One I may boot it again and check how much more life it will give to the game! =)

GoaThief

/nevermind

When a mod is removed by Bethesda, is it deleted from the console if installed there too or does it remain functional?

this is great news, registered at bethesda :)

How to use this exactly.....everything from PC or from PS4? :) I'm not familiar with this.

True Fire

/nevermind

When a mod is removed by Bethesda, is it deleted from the console if installed there too or does it remain functional?

My guess is that they just delete the mod from your library, preventing you from reinstalling the mod. Hypothetically speaking you could have X rated content on consoles as long as you download it before Bethesda catches on.

gossi

I bet it'll be right towards the end of June that PS4 players get this. Hate bullshit arbitrary timed exclusives...

Think of the Xboxers as the PS4 beta test :p There will legit be a period of instability (and rage) as people try out broken mods, incompatible mods, too many mods etc - so it's like a learning exercise.

gossi

No mods yet,do we think they will be added around 6pm GMT when the store updates?

It's entirely at Bethesda's mercy, not the platform holder - Bethesda just change something on their server, and it goes live. There's no game update either.

My feeling is it will be this afternoon, UK time. They will want to change it early so they have during the business day to drop rogue mods etc. Edit: Bethesda PR dude has tweeted they're waiting everybody in the office before they pull trigger.

gossi

Mod recommendation (and I think the author maybe a GAFer?) - Campsite for XBOX ONE. I've only tried the PC version.

d1f0ef57-bd2b-411f-ae60-3057cba14ac6_preview_1094477_6368838640421423302_large.png

"Campsite adds craftable / carryable tents & sleeping bags (new meshes and HD textures in multiple colors (including camos), cloth wall, fires, lanterns, cooking pots, and a new dog bed for dogmeat, each with their own unique gameplay dynamics, sounds, interactivity, and animations. Simple enough for light play, detailed enough to make you feel involved. ITEMS CRAFTABLE IN 10+ COLORS, INCLUDING VARIOUS CAMO, NUKA COLA, AND VAULT TEC THEMES!"

Tregard

Soothsayer
Anyone know if 2GB would be enough for a mod which adds in some sort of Card Game a la Gwent? That's what I'm hoping for down the line

Not Caravan though, Caravan was terrible

gossi

Anyone know if 2GB would be enough for a mod which adds in some sort of Card Game a la Gwent? That's what I'm hoping for down the line

Not Caravan though, Caravan was terrible

Oh, easily. There's entire new vaults with full voice acting and quests and new NPCs which only take ~100mb (0.1gb).

gossi

Update - if you watch the #Fallout4Mods hashtag on Twitter, Bethesda are getting things like death threats because this hasn't launched yet. Unbelievable.

Update - if you watch the #Fallout4Mods hashtag on Twitter, Bethesda are getting things like death threats because this hasn't launched yet. Unbelievable.

That's something that makes you lose hope for humanity. You would think people who are fans of the fallout series are used to waiting. A couple of hours seems like nothing compared to the years between new Vegas and four.

gossi

That's something that makes you lose hope for humanity. You would think people who are fans of the fallout series are used to waiting. A couple of hours seems like nothing compared to the years between new Vegas and four.

Yep. Bethesda just have to finish the rollout their end, on Bethesda.net. Twitter is just a stream of people posting Hitler images and threatening to blow up their offices.

lawxqJr.jpg

Luckily within this time of waiting I've made an account, thought I did when trying to get into the far harbor beta but apparently not. Now just been spending time figuring out what mods seem interesting.

gossi

Luckily within this time of waiting I've made an account, thought I did when trying to get into the far harbor beta but apparently not. Now just been spending time figuring out what mods seem interesting.

There's a decent chance Bethesda.net website will crash when the service goes live, so creating account now = good idea. You can also subscribe to mods from the web interface.

This is my starting suggestion:

Nm46ydm.jpg

There's a decent chance Bethesda.net website will crash when the service goes live, so creating account now = good idea. You can also subscribe to mods from the web interface.

This is my starting suggestion:

Nm46ydm.jpg

Can't wait to see people's reaction to that, I'm expecting that to happen as soon as it goes live, though thanks and will look into these when I get a better chance to.

gossi

New game update in certain regions. edit: it's live. I'll update OT. Restart your Xbox if you don't see update.

Top Bottom