• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Sure, it'll be nice to see gameplay at Bethesda's press conference. But I know it'll be awesome and I don't want much spoiled. Really all I care about at E3 is two things:
1) PS4, Xbox One, PC only.
2) PS4, Xbox One, PC only.

If the above are confirmed at Bethesda's press conference, this E3 is already a huge success before the Monday press conferences even begin. What an amazing position that would be going into the E3 week.

fixed

Fallout is 2015

Edit: According to all the leaks / reporting that is

Nah, EB games confirmed it today, it's 2015.

Sorry for quoting myself but I posted it a few pages back

EB Games just officially confirmed that it's coming this year on their Twitter account

It's not a placeholder date

https://twitter.com/EBGamesAus/status/606349242760716288?s=09

z2racND.jpg

Then skip Fallout 3 and play Fallout: New Vegas. The gameplay is mostly the same, but improved upon (imo, but it still isn't that impressive), but the mission/structure design and writing are so so much better.

I'm more than likely going to go straight into Fallout 4, but my concern is that none of Bethesda's games that I've played have really "clicked" with me.

They're titles that are impressive in terms of scope, but I found them all to be quite shallow (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim). I really have not enjoyed the core gameplay of any of their titles, and I find the story presentation to leave a lot to be desired.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I'm more than likely going to go straight into Fallout 4, but my concern is that none of Bethesda's games that I've played have really "clicked" with me.

They're titles that are impressive in terms of scope, but I found them all to be quite shallow (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim). I really have not enjoyed the core gameplay of any of their titles, and I find the story presentation to leave a lot to be desired.

Well youre in luck because New Vegas isnt by Bethesda.

After spending a lot of time on this, I've finally completed the hype train pic for my fellow gaffers.
XJfGVd6.jpg

Choo choo on gaf, choo choo on.

Nice. I am fully on the train. I only care about ONE thing: Finishing the prologue, getting control of my character and then doing the same thing I do in every FO or Elder scrolls game -

Closing my eyes, spinning my character and then just walking in whatever direction I'm pointed in.

DOWN

Banned
Unless they do something specifically to tie into the start of the Great War - which isn't out of the question with Bethesda - I don't see them breaking the usual Tuesday release schedule for Fallout 4, and the 23rd is a Friday.
Their last release was on a Friday.

That makes a lot more sense. I understand now. Basically Fallout 4 is almost here and they're excited to let us get our hands on the game.

Well then, now we wait.

October?
November?
December?

This is going to be a kickass Fall for gamers.
Nobody releases AAAs in December and November is always the busiest. October is very likely now that EB Games has confirmed that the date was from the publisher and not just a placeholder

But... they're in outer space... they'll all suffocate. BETRAYAL

And for all we know it could be a MOBA--what are you talking about? Hahahaha. I know it's just speculation but there is absolutely nothing that points to that and no precedent that would suggest that (other than GTAV but I don't think that's analogous at all to a progression based Bethesda RPG).

You got the point and yet somehow, someway at the same time it went way over your head.

Hopefully they don't completely ignore Obsidian's additions in Fallout: New Vegas, but you never know.

New Vegas is considered like an offshoot, right? I guess that means it's not likely, which is too bad, as you would think a game company takes its best features forward. I assume they'll distinctly make sure that this is a Bethesda game in that regard, and have a spinoff some time in the future like last gen.

Euron

Because it causes most of the posts in a thread to become "Put me on the train!" instead of actual discussion about the topic at hand.

I mean they're fun and all and it seems Duraigo put a lot of work into it but you gotta admit it does ruin discussion a bit when 2/3 of the page is "I'd like a ticket"

Bsigg12

Does anyone know about how MLB handles the licensing of their stadiums? Will Fallout 4 be able to use Fenway's name, or is it kind of a Space Needle in Second Son deal where they can't show it if it gets destroyed or fucked up?

It would depend on where licensing of the likeness of the stadium is handled. MLB doesn't own Fenway, the Fenway Sports Group does. In regards to the Red Sox however, you would have to go through MLB to have anything Red Sox related in the stadium.

rjinaz

8.5 million views on the youtube video, another 3 million on bethesda's uk youtube channel. This game is really going to be something, I just know it. That Skyrim effect?

8.5 million views on the youtube video, another 3 million on bethesda's uk youtube channel. This game is really going to be something, I just know it. That Skyrim effect?

I was surprised with how many of my friends were posting on Facebook about it, I've never seen a game get so much attention on there.

I was surprised with how many of my friends were posting on Facebook about it, I've never seen a game get so much attention on there.

A lot of my friends who only really play Call of Duty were talking about it too. I was shocked.

This game is going to be pretty successful isn't it? :D

RootCause

The animations here actually look horrendous and I'm sure they were hoping we would be distracted by the attacker:
Really? I thought it looked really good. Especially if you compare it to the previous games in the franchise. Apparently, it's also using the same engine, so you got to take that into consideration.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Slightly disappointed by the reveal trailer but Fallout 3 and New Vegas were some of my favorite experiences last gen. Willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom