• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout London Overhaul Mod Delayed (No Current Window) - Will Wait for Next-Gen Patch - Will be Hosted on GOG, not Nexus Mods

Zathalus

The Witcher 3 goes radio silent for 6 months right before release as a PC exclusive only to appear the the Xbox stage with a downgraded version for the xbox one all marketing rights to xbox. All because of an anonymous donor...
The Witcher 3 was never announced as a PC exclusive, it was announced for PS4, PC, and Xbox day one. There is nothing odd about games having marketing deals with a specific console either. Just the way the market functions. Beside, the PS4 had the superior console version at launch, no nonsense like forced parity.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The game was butchered for the Xbox. That's a fact. I will post the comedic water effect gif if I can find it.

The game was 'butchered' on every platform it released on, including the console with the bigger marketshare, which wasn't XBO.

Kinda dumb to turn that into an Xbox thing, but you do you.

Oppoi

The game was 'butchered' on every platform it released on, including the console with the bigger marketshare, which wasn't XBO.

Kinda dumb to turn that into an Xbox thing, but you do you.
Xbox one set the bar for the fidelity and you know it.

adamsapple

Xbox one set the bar for the fidelity and you know it.

- Baseline is usually set by the most popular console (PS4)

- CDPR is a primarily PC first developer, nothing was stopping them from keeping the PC version as close to their original bullshot target renders, other games released in the gen from PC first developers didn't shy away from that (Metro: Exodus, for example).

I remember the discussion on the CDPR forums, we had users like adamsapple there as well.

Users saying how wrong you were there? Can't say that sounds surprising.

Zathalus

I remember the discussion on the CDPR forums, we had users like adamsapple there as well.
The differences between the PS4 and Xbox was large, but not that large. If the game was butchered to run on Xbox it needed that butchering to run on PS4 as well.

The Witcher 3 ran at 900p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4, inline with the power differences between the two consoles, so if it never released on Xbox and was limited to PS4/PC it would still needed to be downgraded to run on PS4.

Oppoi

- Baseline is usually set by the most popular console (PS4)

- CDPR is a primarily PC first developer, nothing was stopping them from keeping the PC version as close to their original bullshot target renders, other games released in the gen from PC first developers didn't shy away from that (Metro: Exodus, for example).

Users saying how wrong you were there? Can't say that sounds surprising.
In this case it was set by the xbone, though.
CDPR was(!) developing W3 as a PC exclusive.

Oppoi

The differences between the PS4 and Xbox was large, but not that large. If the game was butchered to run on Xbox it needed that butchering to run on PS4 as well.

The Witcher 3 ran at 900p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4, inline with the power differences between the two consoles, so if it never released on Xbox and was limited to PS4/PC it would still needed to be downgraded to run on PS4.
Back then it was not made for consoles at all! That trailer was before the console versions were announced!

adamsapple

No it wasn't:

It was announced for PC and all top of the line consoles several months before that trailer. It was never marketed as a PC exclusive.

That and even that bullshot trailer where all those gifs and clips come from about how good the Witcher 3 could have looked, even that trailer had PS4/XBO at the end.

So, Oppoi Oppoi , you're kinda wrong on all fronts here. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Oppoi

That and even that bullshot trailer where all those gifs and clips come from about how good the Witcher 3 could have looked, even that trailer had PS4/XBO at the end.

So, Oppoi Oppoi , you're kinda wrong on all fronts here. 🤷‍♂️

Well, I don't think I was wrong per say I was just unfortunate enough to have some faulty information on my hands that's all...

Top Bottom