• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't know what Version to get.

Do have XBOX One and PS4 (not Pro).

Heard, that the PS4-Version will have VR later on. Is that true? And ever heard something about that the game will also run better on the Scorpio later on?

So many things I don't know :-/!

Yeah, please keep this thread spoiler free guys! It's one of the few places on the Internet I can still feel safe <3

Question: Asides from the odd trailer here and there I've been saving all the promotional material for FFXV for launch week. I'm planning on watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood this week, and wondered if I'm best watching one before the other? And is there anything else I should watch or read that Square released?

Arc07

Yeah, please keep this thread spoiler free guys! It's one of the few places on the Internet I can still feel safe <3

Question: Asides from the odd trailer here and there I've been saving all the promotional material for FFXV for launch week. I'm planning on watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood this week, and wondered if I'm best watching one before the other? And is there anything else I should watch or read that Square released?

Kingsglaive first.

Trace

Banned

Personally I think Brotherhood > Kingsglaive > Game is probably the best way to watch it, but it's not hugely important anyway. Other than like the first 5 minutes of Kingsglaive, Brotherhood and Kingsglaive are basically unconnected.

Falk

that puzzling face
EP5 of Brotherhood assumes the viewer has seen Kingsglaive, which corresponds to when the various media was released. (Was EP1-3, EP4 around Kingsglaive, EP5)

Heard, that the PS4-Version will have VR later on. Is that true? And ever heard something about that the game will also run better on the Scorpio later on?

I think it's almost certainly a given at this point that PS4 is going to run better than XB1, albeit Digital Foundry thread suggests some slight frame pacing issues with the Pro. (Going off Judgment Disc)

From an older Hajime Tabata quote, &#8220;We&#8217;re thinking it&#8217;ll probably be a DLC release later for the game.&#8221; re: VR

sensui-tomo

chronologically i believe its brotherhood 1-4, then kingsglaive then episode 5, (no idea about episode 6 as i've never seen that one) But it doesnt really matter as long as you watch them before playing the game.

//DEVIL//

If the game resolution is unlocked and same for the fps then the Scorpio will run it better if xbox one to one s is any indication.

Watch Kingsglaive first so you have something decent left to wash away the boredom.

Till this point, I didnt encounter any technical problems in XV, frame rate was surprisingly solid most of the time too, with only a few dips in very specific crazy battle scenarios. I was very satisfied by how well ot ran for me.

So, few minutes ago I was fighting that LV52 boss in a dungeon, crazy fight, took more than 10 mins and still going, so close to finish him. Had to use an elixir, but Noctis refused to use one, don't know why. The boss one hitted me into 0HP, no problem, let's use a phoenix dawn, but nope, the game won't allow me. Died, chose to load the most recent save, just for the game to hard crash on me.

I'm pissed.

Someone posted a screenshot of the Xbox One version of the Judgment Disc and it was... not good looking. Even compared to the normal PS4. It could have just been this one area? - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224326035&postcount=1901

If the game resolution is unlocked and same for the fps then the Scorpio will run it better if xbox one to one s is any indication.
We don't know anything about the Scorpio.

Hyro

Banned
Till this point, I didnt encounter any technical problems in XV, frame rate was surprisingly solid most of the time too, with only a few dips in very specific crazy battle scenarios. I was very satisfied by how well ot ran for me.

So, few minutes ago I was fighting that LV52 boss in a dungeon, crazy fight, took more than 10 mins and still going, so close to finish him. Had to use an elixir, but Noctis refused to use one, don't know why. The boss one hitted me into 0HP, no problem, let's use a phoenix dawn, but nope, the game won't allow me. Died, chose to load the most recent save, just for the game to hard crash on me.

I'm pissed.

Sounds unplayable. #NeverTabata

This is the best video you can watch before playing the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgTt4kV8BZY

WARNING: This spoils every supplementary FFXV media SE has released. Like Kingsglaive and Brotherhood.

joekusa

Hi guys, info from my local store in France, the game have chance to be in sale this firday, delivery here begin thursday... They say "It will be like MGSV, you'll normaly play the game this week-end"

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys, info from my local store in France, the game have chance to be in sale this firday, delivery here begin thursday... They say "It will be like MGSV, you'll normaly play the game this week-end"

the same info I got from my german store :D

chronologically i believe its brotherhood 1-4, then kingsglaive then episode 5, (no idea about episode 6 as i've never seen that one) But it doesnt really matter as long as you watch them before playing the game.
Thanks! Watching chronologically sounds good to me.

Watch Kingsglaive first so you have something decent left to wash away the boredom.
Yeah I've read many of the bad impressions. Baffles me that Square keep trying to make films like this. I get the reasoning behind not spending all the resources on creating the opening assault on the city in-game, but a 15 minute CG scene would have been fine. No need to remind us all that they suck at making films. Only the hardcore fans will watch it, and even then it's begrudgingly.

This is the best video you can watch before playing the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgTt4kV8BZY

WARNING: This spoils every supplementary FFXV media SE has released. Like Kingsglaive and Brotherhood.

So... why would I watch this? Based on your closing line that sounds like the last thing I'd want to watch.
(Haven't clicked the link yet. Too scared =S)

Shuusui

Too tempted to buy a Japanese copy ugh. Went to check and see my place still had copies and they were sold out for now but getting more on the shelf Friday or Saturday... I know I should just finish Pokemon and wait it out, but its only Tuesday and feels like thers 9 days in this week already lol.

I live in Osaka and shit ain't being sold here

Pachimari

sorry, was playing.. . came back and saw some people wanted a pic of the reverse cover

HNI_0005.JPG

Damn, it sucks that it doesn't come with the PS4 bar on the top. I won't use the reversible then.

Just watched the extended cut of the new "101" trailer.

That narrator is... something else. "Com-raids" is particularly damning. Man, this game's marketing really has been just all over the place.

So... why would I watch this? Based on your closing line that sounds like the last thing I'd want to watch.
(Haven't clicked the link yet. Too scared =S)

Because it's better than watching those two. Hahaha

No seriously it's a good recap. Watch the movie/anime then this after a few days.

The anime stories takes place before and after the movie.
But watch the movie first since it's the major event that sets things in motion and to get it out of the way.

Because it's better than watching those two. Hahaha

No seriously it's a good recap. Watch the movie/anime then this after a few days.

The anime stories takes place before and after the movie.
But watch the movie first since it's the major event that sets things in motion and to get it out of the way.

OH! I see! Okay, thanks :)

Looks quite different from the scale model they showed a while back

Wow. I literally can't match up a single part of those maps...

valkyre

Sorry I have been away from the final few pages because I started seeing spoiler tags and yeah well...

So my question, is frame pacing still there in the final release? If yes have they commented about a future patch to fix it?

How is the performance of the final game in general?

Thanks

Jamiaro

Where can I find these prequel-animes and stuff? From youtube or...?

Semi-interested about this game so it would be good to know what's up with the plot.

Philippo

Can't believe there's lots of people with the game already and we can't confirm how the game is actually structured in the later parts or what we're gonna visit.
Not that i want to know, it's just crazy to still see so many people speculating.

Falk

that puzzling face
Can't believe there's lots of people with the game already and we can't confirm how the game is actually structured in the later parts or what we're gonna visit.
Not that i want to know, it's just crazy to still see so many people speculating.

There's a lot of talk about it in the spoiler thread.

Along with spoilers.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, knowing the structure in detail IS a spoiler, no? You know if the (next?) big bad is likely to be the last or if there's more, etc.

Mesharey

I think because people can't discuss it well with everyone and try not to spoil stuff.

I got it yesterday as well, just started the first chapter and will play it slowly so I can discuss it with friends and stuff.

Maybe in that spoiler thread a lot of talks but I didn't check it.

Has there been any impressions done by anyone?

Also when do reviews hit?
28th I think, also Solid Sora wrote many impressions here.

valkyre

Sorry I have been away from the final few pages because I started seeing spoiler tags and yeah well...

So my question, is frame pacing still there in the final release? If yes have they commented about a future patch to fix it?

How is the performance of the final game in general?

Thanks

Anything over this? The version I am going to get, literally depends on this. Maybe even the console I get...

kiaaa

Anything over this? The version I am going to get, literally depends on this. Maybe even the console I get...

I can tell you that the PS4 version looks better and runs at a solid 30 but I haven't heard anything regarding the frame pacing yet. There's also the day one patch.

valkyre

I can tell you that the PS4 version looks better and runs at a solid 30 but I haven't heard anything regarding the frame pacing yet. There's also the day one patch.

Isnt that day 1 patch already available? People have said that they downloaded the 7 gb patch no? There is another waiting on 29/11?

ChazGW7

Anyone in the UK having luck with early grabs? I'm guessing chances are slim ShopTo will be feeling generous. A man can dream!

JJShadow

Anyone in the UK having luck with early grabs? I'm guessing chances are slim ShopTo will be feeling generous. A man can dream!

I have my pre-order with SimplyGames (I'm so glad I bought it when it was £33) and I really hope they start shipping it a few days early, I always get my games from them 2-3 days before release date (6 days early for RotTR PS4 lol)

ChazGW7

I have my pre-order with SimplyGames (I'm so glad I bought it when it was £33) and I really hope they start shipping it a few days early, I always get my games from them 2-3 days before release date (6 days early for RotTR PS4 lol)

Hmm, might put a preorder in with them and see which comes first!

u_neek

I've got a preorder with simplygames as well. Really hope they ship it in time for the weekend :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom