• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Colin Shitherd is so mad jealous that Capcom Cup was legit and even more mad salty that Xrd Millia Rage made through the rounds of ESPN ALL DAY.

Stay free, imbecile.

Nudull

Banned
I was never much into Guilty Gear, but something about Xrd is pulling me in to try it. The cell-shaded 2.5D take has me interested. o.o

pixelish

as someone who plays games exclusively on pc, i'm quite interested in getting xrd (which would be my first anime game) on steam but i'm not confident in my laptop running the game smoothly. could anyone let me know if my laptop can handle xrd? the specs are:

Processor: 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 755M 2GB
Memory: 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

Cowherd is a twat, but there is a bit of a point about the commentating. At that point they were just reacting like fans and failed completely to actually commentate. This happens a lot in fighting game commentating, I'd love to see it evolve as it gets more popular, I do realize how hard it is to call a match
as someone who plays games exclusively on pc, i'm quite interested in getting xrd (which would be my first anime game) on steam but i'm not confident in my laptop running the game smoothly. could anyone let me know if my laptop can handle xrd? the specs are:
I think you can run it, but just buy it and try. If it does fail to run return it. That's what steam refunds are for

So I decided to jump back into SF4, lord help me.. How many people play this on PS4 still?

I just finished playing a minute ago lol. It's not like everybody dropped the game as soon as Capcom Cup ended. Still plenty of people to play. I just got done playing this Dudley player over and over in Ranked because he bopped me hard the first two matches. So naturally that makes me salty so I keep going back. Ended up winning 4 in a row to make it 5-3 before I had to quit because my wife wants a late night snack.

I just finished playing a minute ago lol. It's not like everybody dropped the game as soon as Capcom Cup ended. Still plenty of people to play. I just got done playing this Dudley player over and over in Ranked because he bopped me hard the first two matches. So naturally that makes me salty so I keep going back. Ended up winning 4 in a row to make it 5-3 before I had to quit because my wife wants a late night snack.
This game makes me pretty salty too lol, why I need to take breaks sometimes.. I was just assuming not a lot of Gaffers bought the PS4 version because PC version is superior.

im gonna guess sol badguy is a bad character to learn anime fighters with...or maybe he just emphasizes how shit my footsies are?
Don't try to play SF-style footsies with him. Mash your face all over the buttons and throw out his specials that seem like they would be unsafe, but aren't.

Zissou

im gonna guess sol badguy is a bad character to learn anime fighters with...or maybe he just emphasizes how shit my footsies are?

Imagine a spinner in your head like this
spinner1zpo2.png
but instead of that text, imagine it says 'fafnir' 'bandit bringer' 'bandit revolver' 'gun flame' and 'IAD j.HS'. Mentally spin the wheel and do the move it lands on. Repeat ad infinitum. If you ever notice your opponent stopped pressing buttons, run in and command throw. Congrats, you're a pro!

Don't try to play SF-style footsies with him. Mash your face all over the buttons and throw out his specials that seem like they would be unsafe, but aren't.

Imagine a spinner in your head like this

but instead of that text, imagine it says 'fafnir' 'bandit bringer' 'bandit revolver' 'gun flame' and 'IAD j.HS'. Mentally spin the wheel and do the move it lands on. Repeat ad infinitum. If you ever notice your opponent stopped pressing buttons, run in and command throw. Congrats, you're a pro!

i'm noticing a pattern here....

*consequently i did start spamming random specials and my win rate improved*

Sayad

Did you try SFV beta? Xrd should be less demanding, it's a PS3 game at heart. ;p

Nightii

Banned
A friend mine from work will buy Xrd on Steam, we actually always play fighting games during lunch break, mostly Fightcade games but also GG XX Accent Core, so I'm excited.

I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to GG so...do the basics from XX translate completely to Xrd? How different is Millia? that's who I main there.

Also, praying for Smash 4 Customs being saved by Sakurai next tuesday, I need it! :(

Sayad

i'm noticing a pattern here....

*consequently i did start spamming random specials and my win rate improved*
Basically, if your opponent is the type who prefer to block then punish AND doesn't use Instant Block, pretty much everything you do that isn't a DP is safe.

A friend mine from work will buy Xrd on Steam, we actually always play fighting games during lunch break, mostly Fightcade games but also GG XX Accent Core, so I'm excited.

I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to GG so...do the basics from XX translate completely to Xrd? How different is Millia? that's who I main there.

Yes, but not completely. First thing you're gonna notice about Xrd is that there's a significant difference in speed. Then there's also the new system mechanics like 3 types of Roman Cancels, Blitzshield, etc.

Sayad

Do the basics from XX translate compltely to Xrd? How different is Millia? that's who I main there.
Millia's gameplan/play style is pretty much the same, use pin to get in, take them to the corner and start the dance. Her bnbs are a bit different now and pin have way more recovery which will feel weird coming from XX.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I have a classmate who I'm getting to know better and is really interested in Melee and games overall and I want to give him a glimpse of a competitive environment, which would be a Melee weekly I go to every now and then. He seems like he would make a great smash player and fit right in the crowd. How would I go about persuading him to give it a try? People tend to be scared in going to weeklies where "competitive" players go...

I don't get it

Same, Tripon pls

This game makes me pretty salty too lol, why I need to take breaks sometimes..

I feel you, I don't play this game too often because I get too angry when things don't go my way. Maybe you remember me stating that once or twice in the now abandoned USF4 OT thread. I doubt anything changes with SFV if the beta is anything to go by. Their have been a few occasions during the beta where I nearly blew my top and it scared my wife lol.

Tripon

CEOtaku gets a date.
https://twitter.com/CEOGaming/status/674788450969763842
CEO Gaming ‏@CEOGaming 3h3 hours ago
#CEOtaku 2016 returns to the Wyndham on October 1-2 and this time it's all inside the 20,000 sq ft Grand Ballroom!

I don't get it

Same, Tripon pls

SMH at the non baseball fans.

Larry King just likes to whine and pretend that the teams he's mentioned in his tweet didn't already have a better record last year over the Dodgers. He's the Chris T of late night talk show host right now. ;P

---

The Fighting game of the Ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHb6o5A5DAU

Mobile fighting game.

Bleep

The way I view it is that Ky is most like Ryu and Sol is most like Ken. Even though most people think the opposite. Regardless, they are both great characters to learn the game with.

If you're comparing gameplay styles between characters directly then this is correct, but people view Sol as the Ryu of Guilty Gear because he is representative of the gameplay style of his game like Ryu is in Street Fighter. Sol is more rush down focused and aggressive than Ryu is, which is generally what Guilty Gear is like compared to Street Fighter.

If you're comparing gameplay styles between characters directly then this is correct, but people view Sol as the Ryu of Guilty Gear because he is representative of the gameplay style of his game like Ryu is in Street Fighter. Sol is more rush down focused and aggressive than Ryu is, which is generally what Guilty Gear is like compared to Street Fighter.

Never thought of it that way. The comparison makes a lot more sense now.

CEOtaku gets a date.
https://twitter.com/CEOGaming/status/674788450969763842

SMH at the non baseball fans.

Larry King just likes to whine and pretend that the teams he's mentioned in his tweet didn't already have a better record last year over the Dodgers. He's the Chris T of late night talk show host right now. ;P

---

The Fighting game of the Ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHb6o5A5DAU

Mobile fighting game.

The dude at 0:34 is pretty badass looking.

NEO0MJ

Did you try SFV beta? Xrd should be less demanding, it's a PS3 game at heart. ;p

Not always the case. wolfenstein ran like crap on my laptop. And while it probably ran better than the PS3 version, Metal Gear Rising didn't run that good on my laptop, despite being several times stronger than the PS3.

It will probably depend on how heavily modified the engine is from UE3 and how much work they put into porting it. The game runs on a version of Windows in the arcades if I'm not mistaken so I'm hopeful it will run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom