• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Norcal Regionals CEO Dreamland Hypespotting 04/14-04/16

JayEH

Did they paint themselves into the "one character a month" corner like last year?

they said it would be a character every other month so we would get one this month...would be a good time to announce a new character but capcom doesn't work that way.

Going back to this post from the Final Round weekend thread, its looking like the current stream count, 26K, will not meet last year's numbers. (Though who knows - the count is going up 1K every couple minutes.)

There's no way this will make what it was last year considering SFV had just came out.

That being said, it should be more, but considering everything got pushed back, it's gonna lose viewers.

Dahbomb

So the official ruling now is that draws don't count anymore?

Pretty sure that's not how it was done before but oh well.

they said it would be a character every other month so we would get one this month...would be a good time to announce a new character but capcom doesn't work that way.

Wait, if they stick to the schedule the last one would be out in October? Damn.

Kumubou

In every FG tournament I've been involved with, draw rounds and games are awarded based on the game's default ruleset (except for 3S sometimes and that's because Judgement is just an awful mechanic), but sets can never be won on a draw game -- they've never counted as a win for either player.

Shouta

Nope. This was always the rule as far as I know and as far as I can confirm using web.archive.org. Other games might consider a draw as giving a match to each player but I've always considered that really strange personally.

Going back to this post from the Final Round weekend thread, its looking like the current stream count, 26K, will not meet last year's numbers. (Though who knows - the count is going up 1K every couple minutes.)

Don't forget all the restreams:
capcomfighters_jp
CapcomFighters_TW
CapcomFighters_KR
capcomfighters_pt

And, of course, Floe's channel.

Kumubou

Nope. This was always the rule as far as I know and as far as I can confirm using web.archive.org. Other games might consider a draw as giving a match to each player but I've always considered that really strange personally.
And from Evo's rules, which are commonly used as the template for many FG events (including the CPT itself):

ADDITIONAL RULES

A draw match as determined by the game must be replayed, unless the game awards the draw to a player (i.e. Street Fighter III, Third Strike).

Top Bottom