• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV "feedback special" Active Time Report airs tonight at 11PM PDT

More screens for those not wanting to hit the link.

1430196281880.jpg

1430196308936.jpg

1430196676231.png

am i reading it right where he says they wont be at e3? why the fuck is square even having an e3 presser if they arent going to show off their biggest game

where are you guys getting all this info?

Youtube is saying there's another hour before the stream, and the english sub video is private..

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Meh, nothing worse than Lulu and Rikku(and Yuna in X2, that asscrack WTF) in terms of fanservice. They actually respected Tifa up a lot for her Advent Children design, which i really appreciated her being my favorite FF character. You can tell she still has huge tits and bombastic figure without making her a caricature(polygon graphics be damned)

As for Cidney, i'd say zip up the jacket a bit, and the booty short shorts are probably a bit too much....

Regarding frame-rate and resolution:

- Still aiming for FULL HD.
- Frame rate has a higher priority than resolution since it affects gameplay directly.
- The only solution is to optimize the game until the end.
- They won't reduce the number of objects (or limiting the AI) that need to be rendered in order to obtain a more stable framerate.

Inuhanyou

Also, even though they are focusing on framerate which they should, i hope they reach native 1080p on PS4(if witcher and batman can do it FFXV should be able to as well!), i got annoyed with the blurriness due to the 900p upscaling(on top of probably an aggressive FXAA solution)

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Not sure if posted here but this is from the other thread:

"Video is down but I summarized some stuff from the 1:00 hour mark.

>Top NA complaint
Noctis' voice is too deep -- sounds like Batman. Players felt they weren't able to connect with him since he looks like a young guy, and doesn't sound that way. The Director stated that he wanted to include voiceover in the demo, but timing was tight so by the time they realized the voice directing wasn't what they wanted, it was already late into the schedule, etc. The final game already has different voice acting.

>Europe complaint
Cindy was too sexy. The Director stated "she's actually not meant to be an erotic character", but that she's supposed to be an energetic outdoorsy character and she's a mechanic, so the dress is normal. They didn't feel it would be too problematic for her to show up on screen while you parents are in the living room.
They don't want to change the current concept, but they want to make sure they "maintain the boundary" by "maybe moderating the way she's presented, where it appears as though overly sexual themes are being brought to the forefront, because that's not who she's supposed to be"."

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Was this confirmed?

Yep! They're changing it! Look at my post above :)

Noctis' voice is too deep -- sounds like Batman. Players felt they weren't able to connect with him since he looks like a young guy, and doesn't sound that way. The Director stated that he wanted to include voiceover in the demo, but timing was tight so by the time they realized the voice directing wasn't what they wanted, it was already late into the schedule, etc. The final game already has different voice acting.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Not sure if posted here but this is from the other thread:
but that she's supposed to be an energetic outdoorsy character and she's a mechanic, so the dress is normal.
I know plenty of energetic outdoorsy people, where the hell did he get the idea that outdoorsy people dress like this? Let alone mechanics, who last I checked have to wear protective gear.

lol I fail to see how that's "focusing". It's a full frontal shot, of course her boobs will appear. That's an issue with her actual design, not with the camerawork.
That gif literally has the camera panning so her breasts are in full view before panning upward. If you don't think that's intentional then I have a bridge to sell you, especially after animating camera shots, you have to be meticulous for good camera animating. The first time we meet her in the demo she's bent over. Come on dude.

Inuhanyou

WTF...Europe is the one complaining about sexyness and not America? Its like Bizarro world!

Was there any new footage?

And is Noctis english voice actor going to change?

I don't think its going to change, just the voice actor's direction for the character

Geg

lol Batman Noctis was one of the only complaints I made in the survey. That's one thing I'm definitely glad they're listening to fans on

I don't necessarily agree with how Cidney's wardrobe looks even for her character archetype (which was obvious), but I respect that Tabata and co. can defend their interpretation of her from a broad perspective.

benzy

They are still debating as to whether the camera will be improved enough to fulfill all situations/terrains or giving players the option to bring the camera in/further out.

I hope it is the second option.

Yeah, giving us the option to adjust camera position to your liking would be much better. I like playing up close as the action looks more interesting and you can actually see what Noctis is doing. Pulling the cam back actually makes it worse anyway imo since the biggest problem is all of the highly active enemies swarming into the middle of the camera and blocking your view of Noctis.

You can see the camera pull back here and eventually you can't tell what the hell is going on with Noctis.

mlspec.gif

As opposed to a closer camera position, much better sense of what's going on with the character and your input.

qudfsy.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
So going through the ATR Tabata did confirm that the moves in the demo -are- tied to a form of customization (the Armiger abilities if you open up the menu, my personal hypothesis) but there wasn't enough time to implement the UI to change them around, hence only the warp dodge in the demo.

I'm assuming the dodge roll will have some penalty like not having as much of an invincibility frame window, etc.

15 main issues with the demo according to users(Tabata feedback included):
1. Lock-on
2. Camera too close.(planning to pull it back when in combat and possibly add camera controls for players)
3. Camera felt sluggish and heavy
4. A.I. is dumb. Allies get in the way of moving.
5. Jaggies, the drop in framerate.(anti-aliasing will be in the full game; will prioritize framerate over resolution although still aiming for full HD)
6. Motion and movement is slow, specifically battle movements(Speed from previous trailers like the E3 behemoth fight was reduced due to Noctis being near unstoppable and eliminating the need for a party)
7. Mini-map?(They will add one)
8. Want for a dodge action that doesn't rely on MP(the warp dodge was a leveled up version of the dodge roll, that doesn't need MP, which will also be in the main game)
9. Having to hide behind rocks to recover MP, Everything relies on MP(probably won't lose the focus on MP)
10. Battles are too difficult( Japan found battles difficult, NA found them easy; possibility of adding a difficulty option)
11. Game is too monotonous; repetitive battles, bad controls(looking to add button remapping for players)
12. The stamina for sprinting is annoying(looking to make certain foods may improve dashing distance and speed in the full game)
13. Warping as a regular means of travel( was implementable in February but caused many bugs so was cut; unlikely to be in the full game)
14. Cancel attacks by evading(even Tabata wanted this when playing; already implemented in the full game although you can't cancel out of every attack)
15. Bugs everywhere (lol they realized people could get to Titan)

Regional complaints
NA: Noctis vocie is strange, sounds like Batman( couldn't get re-recording in the demo; are working to make him feel younger)
Europe: Cindy is too sexy(not meant to be erotic; aren't looking to change her character too much)

Re-posting for new page.

Dice//

Banned
Overworld music c'mon overworld music!

Honestly, Xenosaga EpI still gives me cold and quiet nightmares.
Kinda makes the battle theme a bit more of a high and a low to listen to... It's so beautiful and it's the only thing you'll listen to.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah, giving us the option to adjust camera position to your liking would be much better. I like playing up close as the action looks more interesting and you can actually see what Noctis is doing. Pulling the cam back actually makes it worse anyway imo since the biggest problem is all of the highly active enemies swarming into the middle of the camera and blocking your view of Noctis.

You can see the camera pull back here and eventually you can't tell what the hell is going on with Noctis.

mlspec.gif

As opposed to a closer camera position, much better sense of what's going on with the character and your input.

qudfsy.gif
A camera that close would be problematic because we wouldn't be able to see what the other characters were doing or other enemies who would attack from offscreen.

Boss Mog

Hell it's light years from Kingdom Hearts. Especially 2. Needs more skills/options, greater speed, more fluid attacks, and of course better lock on and camera.

Also needs some flying/warping like the E3 gameplay!

Yeah the warping was weak and it's mostly used to run away and gain HP back while being out of range. Doesn't really fit the whole badass videogame hero theme at all. I also hate the fact that you can hold down the button to dodge, it's boring. You should have to time it and yeah I know there's a bonus for timing it where you can counter attack but still you should always have to time it, with perfect timing netting you the massive counter chance. The camera and lock on aren't great for that though currently. They should play some Bayonetta and see that a good camera and lock on system can co-exist with fast action gameplay.

benzy

A camera that close would be problematic because we wouldn't be able to see what the other characters were doing or other enemies who would attack from offscreen.

Yeah, someone suggested adjusting the FOV instead of pulling the cam back to fix off-screen enemy attacks. The cam is rarely that close like in the second gif anyway unless you lay it flat on the ground and push it towards the character. Doesn't change the fact that allowing the player to adjust camera proximity to their liking would be the better route, as pulling the cam back will also provide problems.

Xenus

Also, even though they are focusing on framerate which they should, i hope they reach native 1080p on PS4(if witcher and batman can do it FFXV should be able to as well!), i got annoyed with the blurriness due to the 900p upscaling(on top of probably an aggressive FXAA solution)

What bothered me the most besides the aliasing was the shadow pop-in. The radius was far too small on that.

Top Bottom