• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

They're considering it.

But keep in mind the dub doesn't match the lip sync right now because they're dubbing over the trailers.

The XIII series games had the lip sync corrected for the English release and they're obviously gonna do the same thing here.

Tabata said all versions of the deno will have both languages. Also, the demo might have lip sync like FFXIII did so it's not something to worry about. It's only really a problem in the trailers, and SE needs to find a way to address it.

The final version will almost for sure have lip sync, but there's no confirmation about dual languages.

The demo will have Japanese voices with English subs and Tabata said that they're aiming for the full game to have it as well.
Ah, all good news! Thanks. Never played XIII, so glad to hear that was the case there.

wmlk

We're talking about different things. You're being specific about the demo and I'm speaking generally.

In general people are far more interested in FFXV than Type-0 HD. It's very obvious. The demo doesn't even really have much to do with it.

You're the one who brought up the demo, so I addressed it. I still think that people are excited about Type-0, FFXV is just an equally nice incentive.

funkypie

Banned
the more I see of this game the more I am impressed and can't wait for it to be released. But i'm still not sold on the combat, honestly can't see it being that fun just holding down a button to attack. Sounds like FF13 selecting auto, except you just hold the button down instead.

Squire

Banned
You're the one who brought up the demo, so I addressed it. I still think that people are excited about Type-0, FFXV is just another nice incentive.

I think it'd bomb at retail without the demo, but it is what is. I'm just saying where I think it stands. People aren't exactly dancing in the streets from what I can tell, but we'll see how it performs in March. They're being so aggressive about pre-ordering it I think they have aspirations for it to crack the top 10 of NPD.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think it'd bomb at retail without the demo, but it is what is. I'm just saying where I think it stands. People aren't exactly dancing in the streets from what I can tell, but we'll see how it performs in March. They're being so aggressive about pre-ordering it I think they have aspirations for it to crack the top 10 of NPD.

I actually agree with what you've said. I don't see a lot of hype for the game even outside of GAF. I have to wonder how pre-orders are looking at this point.

Ceravic

the more I see of this game the more I am impressed and can't wait for it to be released. But i'm still not sold on the combat, honestly can't see it being that fun just holding down a button to attack. Sounds like FF13 selecting auto, except you just hold the button down instead.

The "hold down one button" combat was debunked months ago.

"Combat-wise, the plan is holding down a button will start a set combo, but timed button presses are what will enable coordinated moves with other party members.
To parry enemy attacks, you have to match the timing of their strike. This is intended for expert players."

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/final-fantasy-xv-detailed-famitsu#ycyPxWVt6F5784ZJ.99

Stark

Banned
I wouldn't mind if something supernatural/fantastical is out there. Makes it more surreal. But it's probably just constellations.

Myths

I actually agree with what you've said. I don't see a lot of hype for the game even outside of GAF. I have to wonder how pre-orders are looking at this point.

The hype on this forum is beyond reason and it's been in this state for years now. Glad this is seeing the day of light such that we might get closer to XVI instead imo. Not feeling mch of what's been shown myself...

Asd202

At $60 without the demo it would be a disaster at $40 it would do from bad to ok IMO.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The hype on this forum is beyond reason and it's been in this state for years now. Glad this is seeing the day of light such that we might get closer to XVI instead imo. Not feeling mch of what's been shown myself...

I was talking about Type-0 HD.

DJIzana

Sucks when you're like me and actually enjoy Type-0... A LOT... wonder if we'll see a Type-1?

God, I hope so because you don't see the same number of views when you compare it to FFXV. Type-0 is such an amazing game and yeah... just hope Tabata is happy with the sales results.

Philippo

I wouldn't mind if something supernatural/fantastical is out there. Makes it more surreal. But it's probably just constellations.

I want supernatural elements too, otherwise it wouldn't be called FF lol
But with space, eh, SE never did any good.

Squire

Banned
At $60 without the demo it would be a disaster at $40 it would do from bad to ok IMO.

It wouldn't make much of a difference, I don't think. I said it in the thread I made yesterday, but Type-0 HD is the most expensive remaster I know of. Even at $40 it's still one game remastered and a years old PSP game at that. And I don't think it looks good, in all honestly. Respect to all the positive impressions and testimonials that it's a great FF, the trailers for it aren't flattering in the slightest. I can only imagine how folks with less context than myself are reacting seeing this stuff in movie theaters or whatever. I can't say I'd be rushing to Amazon.

It needs the demo.

funkypie

Banned
The "hold down one button" combat was debunked months ago.

"Combat-wise, the plan is holding down a button will start a set combo, but timed button presses are what will enable coordinated moves with other party members.
To parry enemy attacks, you have to match the timing of their strike. This is intended for expert players."

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/final-fantasy-xv-detailed-famitsu#ycyPxWVt6F5784ZJ.99

You're telling me nothing I don't already know. So a timed button press will have the main character do a joint attack, sold...

So for attacking with the controlled character is is essentially holding a button down. Anyay I hope I'm wrong and we will see with the demo.

Koozek

You're telling me nothing I don't already know. So a timed button press will have the main character do a joint attack, sold...

So for attacking with the controlled character is is essentially holding a button down. Anyay I hope I'm wrong and we will see with the demo.

Well, the wording in that article is strange. I don't think a single press is only for joint attacks. In the livestreams few months ago (and according to Verendus hands-on impressions, I think) they explained it like this: a single button press attacks with the the primary/main weapon and holding it initiates a sequence of attacks with ALL weapons one after another in the order you have them equipped in your chain of weapons. I could be wrong, though. Maybe someone could clarify.

Stark

Banned

If you're wondering about mashing instead of holding, you can do that too. There's a lot more systems to it though.

People should watch that Paris event ATR:
http://youtu.be/7Fkq06STbVU?t=49m29s

True Fire

Can't wait for the twist where Noctis is the only person who can use summons because he's from space and all the people of Lucis are aliens lol

Well, isn't Final Fantasy XV supposed to be inspired by the SNES Final Fantasy games? Magical aliens aren't exactly new ground for this franchise.

XV seems pretty heavily inspired by IV, actually. I think a lot of the people who complain about Final Fantasy XV forget that the fourth game in the series had space ships and giant doomsday robots in a medieval fantasy world.

Stark

Banned
THANK YOU! I've been trying to find where they said this, but I couldn't remember which event they said it at. I was starting to think I was going crazy.

Haha it was in the middle of the 1st and most recent ATR so I can understand. But yeah, he makes it crystal clear you can hold it down or mash accordingly to your play-style and switch on the fly.

DeSolos

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the thread, but any word on if the English version will have a Japanese language setting? Can't stand the dub not matching the lip sync.

The demo has a dual language setting, and they're attempting to do the same with the final game.

The final game should have full lip sync as the FFXIII games managed it for both ingame cutscenes and FMVs(one of the few things they did right).

Bazztek

Banned
Noctis and co. are totally going to travel to the moon. Mark my words.

"YM:Yes, everything within view can be explored."

YqnVES8.jpg

I don't think I even want the demo. Going into the game when it releases in 2017 all fresh will be better for me.

Same, planning to save myself for the full release and really savor it. I've been waiting for this game since 2006, another year or two isn't that big of a deal at this point.

Sucks when you're like me and actually enjoy Type-0... A LOT... wonder if we'll see a Type-1?

God, I hope so because you don't see the same number of views when you compare it to FFXV. Type-0 is such an amazing game and yeah... just hope Tabata is happy with the sales results.
I am sure SE has a lot of expectation with Type-0 HD. They might be looking at 1+ million sales worldwide for the title. If Type-0 doesn't sell well, we won't ever get Type-1.

They are to blame for it though. The way they are just making everyone focus on FF XV instead of Type-0 HD, what do they expect? =/

DJIzana

I am sure SE has a lot of expectation with Type-0 HD. They might be looking at 1+ million sales worldwide for the title. If Type-0 doesn't sell well, we won't ever get Type-1.

They are to blame for it though. The way they are just making everyone focus on FF XV instead of Type-0 HD, what do they expect? =/

I rather get to play Type-0 late than never. Yakuza 5 is no different except we're getting it thanks to Sony and not Sega. Kinda sucks we have both these games taking so long to get localized.

If we don't get Type-1 because of what you had mentioned then yeah, that'd freaking suck. They have done good localizing Type-0 but they have to continue to bring the other games in the series (if there will be any more) as well.

Famassu

They aren't "making" everyone focus on FFXV, but it's simply a game that everyone will focus on above all other games (of theirs, if not in general). They always show Type-0 HD first in Active Time Reports so they are trying to do their best to have everyone see Type-0. If they were actually making people focus on FFXV, they'd show all the FFXV stuff first in ATRs and people watching the streams live could just tune out after the FFXV stuff is done if Type-0 didn't interest them.

The only way they could have made people not focus on FFXV would have been to not show the game until Type-0 is released, would you have preferred that?

Famassu

Would it really matter even if some basic string of attacks was done by holding the attack button down (it's not, you can button mash away) when there is still so much else to the combat? Parries, counter attacks, directional input, timed attacks, team attacks, special attacks, different swords, aerial combos, defensive play, magic etc. You probably couldn't survive in the game just by keeping the attack button down for 5 minutes and that wouldn't somehow lead to Noctis automatically destroying all enemies, unless you're a high level Noctis fighting against some low level grunts.

DJIzana

They aren't "making" everyone focus on FFXV, but it's simply a game that everyone will focus on above all other games (of theirs, if not in general). They always show Type-0 HD first in Active Time Reports so they are trying to do their best to have everyone see Type-0. If they were actually making people focus on FFXV, they'd show all the FFXV stuff first in ATRs and people watching the streams live could just tune out after the FFXV stuff is done if Type-0 didn't interest them.

The only way they could have made people not focus on FFXV would have been to not show the game until Type-0 is released, would you have preferred that?

All solid points! I'm definitely happy to enjoy the Japanese games I can right now. You just never know when we won't get any more AAA Japanese games in North America.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Oh wow, I've seen the new screenshots in Dengeki. FFXV is God. But also Type-0 looks so good in these shots... I hope the final version is closer to this than what I've seen lately. Lighting in the Accademia nails it right. And Ace is super cute *.*

It's just unfortunate they couldnt find a way to "remake" also the pre-rendered cutscenes, it'll be very noticeable when playing.

wmlk

L815NLI.jpg

tumblr_lcuzi1SGjr1qbzf0vo1_500.jpg

Dat shadow of the colossus vibe : O

Man i feel the boss fights going to be the best thing in this game.

I wonder how they're going to tackle it. Hopefully not GoW like with QTEs.

A Shadow of the Colossus approach would be great, but nothing has really replicated that game yet.

Stark

Banned
I wonder how they're going to tackle it. Hopefully not GoW like with QTEs.

Since they said fighting large enemies is fought the same way as standard battles, I imagine its the same. But with those dynamic set-pieces as shown in the E313 trailer with Leviathan.

Dark_castle

Since they said fighting large enemies is fought the same way as standard battles, I imagine its the same. But with those dynamic set-pieces as shown in the E313 trailer with Leviathan.

Don't forget that there's a monster free-run mechanic that was said to allow Noctis warp/climb on larger targets, each with its own unique climbing pattern. Now we haven't fully seen this being demonstrated yet, but since they said boss fights are a huge deal in this game, we MIGHT see flashes of SoTC here and there. Here's hoping.

L815NLI.jpg

The red sky looked hauntingly beautiful. Can't wait to explore this area.

Somehow the Colossi look way more derpy and huggable.

makes wander more of a jackass

I always found the eyes in the colossus to be a little weird, specially in the more humanoid ones.

But damn, if the free run in monsters is anything more than just a well timed dodge or counter that puts you in higher places of the monster, I'm gonna lose my shit.

Stark

Banned
Don't forget that there's a monster free-run mechanic that was said to allow Noctis warp/climb on larger targets, each with its own unique climbing pattern. Now we haven't fully seen this being demonstrated yet, but since they said boss fights are a huge deal in this game, we MIGHT see flashes of SoTC here and there. Here's hoping.

Yeah. I imagine it's the same for flying monsters like that. Can hopefully warp onto it and unleash hell.

Top Bottom