• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (Platinum)

Zalman

I'm down. The faces are weird but you'll barely be looking at them anyway.

I really hope this is a retail game.

Aske

I was super excited for this, but those faces...They don't look like the ninja turtles to me. I know it'll play great, and I love TF Devastation; but I can't deal with this bizarre artistic direction for the character models.

Shaanyboi

Banned
They should've removed the eyes tho.

that'd just be creepier
10674ab0f90e193c842d453e0c9ae5e4.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think everything looks fantastic. I'm so happy this exists.

The noses, tho.

Endo Punk

Love Turtles but really only the 80s tv show and film. This art style does nothing for me. Guess I'm only getting Nier Automata.

Overside

Banned
Everything else looks so great the faces really do stick out

Can we just go back to the Eastman and Laird turtle beak and teeth design?

We've tried lots of different things, and that's a good thing to do. But none of them work right in comparison.

978523.jpg

I played Transformers Devastation with pretty low expectations and it blew me away, it looks like this is sort of a spiritual successor to that, which has me hyped.

The noses can not be unseen, but still, think it looks great.

It clearly is being built on the same engine and style as Transformers Devastation. Going by that game, this is no bad thing.

Looking forward to seeing some video footage and getting my hands on the game.

Those noses look awful. Actually, the full turtle design looks awful:( And whats up with the glowing weapons? Was mildly interested but forget it. This looks like a pass for me.

They look much better from the sides than from the front; I guess that's inevitable in a medium that can be rotated 360 at any time. Everything else looks amazing.

EYEL1NER

I love the art style but those faces are horrible and some of the body proportions look off in some of the pics. I need to play some more Transformers though but I'm digging what I have played so far. I may pick this up, except... those noses. Ugh.

Filter

What a bunch of whiners! Un-fucking-believable
Talking about noses...

They could be the green grey sponge suit sushi turtles by platinum and I'd still be happy. This is a dream combination and all anyone talks about is the faces?

images

ArjanN

I see we've entered the usual starting phase of the Platinum cycle where we complain about trivial shit in early screenshots.

Faces aside... They're about to get run over by that subway train.

One of the achievements is for
beating Beop and Rocksteady by letting them get hit by a train, so I'm guessing it's an environmental hazard.

If the final boss isn't an epic multi-part takedown of the Technodrome ending with defeating mecha Krang and then fighting Shredder at the top, Platinum has failed.

Well, from the achievements I see the folowing boss spoilers at least:
Bebop and Rocksteady, Wingnut, Slash, Karai, Mega Krang
and Transformers and even Korra did pretty well with the final battle spectacle stuff.

Pif

Banned
Seems like they are recycling the transformer game/assets...

I would have prefered non cel shaded visuals.

Top Bottom