• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Xbox Showcase without any mention of Forza

Zarak

For the 1st time in Xbox history (I think), there was no mention of Forza at their showcase. This typically would have been the year they release a new Forza Horizon game. It's been 3 years since Horizon 5 and that was the longest time between releases. Also no mention of Forza Motorsport itself. I was hoping for a Motorsport 2.0 announcement or something of the kind. Motorsport desperately needs to redeem itself but now I think maybe they are just going to let it die. I've been a huge fan of the series except for the latest game and it was really strange watching a showcase without any mention of it.

Jinzo Prime

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
Turn10 and Playground are victims of their own success. These guys are so ridiculously good at what they do, their games have become predictable and boring. I think they should switch it up with at least one different racing franchise and release that in between the iterations of Forza, like PGR or something else.

I was a twully looking forward for horizon 6 in japan but I guess playground is all hands on deck with fable.
Also turn 10 really fucked up the motorsport and really fucked the brand

THE DUCK

Banned
I was a twully looking forward for horizon 6 in japan but I guess playground is all hands on deck with fable.
Also turn 10 really fucked up the motorsport and really fucked the brand

Yes, it's horrible, nobody will ever play forza motorsport again! Run for the hills!
Only on GAF could a game that has a 84 Metascore and 7.1 User score (vs 87 and 2.4 for GT7) be consindered a collosal failure that "ruins" the brand. Bravo.

Yes, it's horrible, nobody will ever play forza motorsport again! Run for the hills!
Only on GAF could a game that has a 84 Metascore and 7.1 User score (vs 87 and 2.4 for GT7) be consindered a collosal failure that "ruins" the brand. Bravo.
Mate I bought my series x for Forza , Forza was a fucking dud at launch u couldn't even save ur progress for a whole month till they release an update.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

GT7 is way better game with a lot more content then Motorsport. GT7 was reviewbombed because of the “micro transaction” no one cares about, because you don’t need it. I think the majority of the GT7 players also forgot it that it is even in the game (GT Sport was the same).

Even the biggest race streamers are streaming GT7 and dropped Forza almost after 2 months.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Turn10 and Playground are victims of their own success. These guys are so ridiculously good at what they do, their games have become predictable and boring. I think they should switch it up with at least one different racing franchise and release that in between the iterations of Forza, like PGR or something else.

PG are doing the most opposite thing imaginable from a racing game with Fable, so likely most, if not all, of their manpower is focused there. Maybe we see the announcement of Horizon 6 next year when Fable is closer to release.

THE DUCK

Banned
Mate I bought my series x for Forza , Forza was a fucking dud at launch u couldn't even save ur progress for a whole month till they release an update.

If the game us such a turd, why aren't the user review and proffesional reviews reflecting that? Probably have zero explanation for that other than some lame xbox fan excuse.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I really can't understand how they fumbled motorsport so badly. GT7 is a brilliant game....all you had to do was make a good forza game and console "sim" racing fans would have been eating good.

Such a shame.

I really can't understand how they fumbled motorsport so badly. GT7 is a brilliant game....all you had to do was make a good forza game and console "sim" racing fans would have been eating good.

Such a shame.
The graphics for one , gt7 released a year ago and looked better
Almost half the number of tracks
Released with shit tons of bugs I mean u couldn't even save single player progress for a month
Car rpg system was a total failure and it was horrible
People just moved on.
They did fixed a lot of issues but the problem with the industry is if the product launch is not that good people just leave the game and there is no coming back.

Motorsport was anything but “ridiculously good”.

THE DUCK

Banned
Same 10-20 people on GAF run into any turn 10 thread just to complain about Forza Motorsport, meanwhile, people just seem to think it's a solid game in the real world.
Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Is it nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be? Definately not. Did it sell well? Not so great this time. (or so we thing, we don't have sales numbers from MS)
But is that a reflection of the game itself, or something else? Because the reviews were generally positive, why didn't people still buy it? Perhaps a very large portion who would have bought it are on gamepass.
Regardless, the notion that its some kind of 2 out 10 game (something you call a "turd") is reserved for games on the Nintendo E-store.

Chukhopops

I was surprised there was no mention of FH6, guess they are making some large changes to the engine now that the game is no longer cross-gen.

This will be the longest gap between FH games since the beginning of this series.

xrnzaaas

It definitely sucks knowing it'll be another year before Horizon 6 arrives. People like me who spent a lot of time with the game are already beyond bored with the map. Sure a good seasonal content may be a reason to go back for a month, but continuing to play the same game on a regular basis - nope.

GinSama

The problem with Horizon 5 is there is no challenge no matter how bad you are , you always wins. Also there is way to much gifts and things to unlock it looks like a gift machine sometimes ....
The big script chases of airplanes and other vehicles looks nice, but is super easy.

But love the expeditions, hope they keep on the next game.

And the map I definitely think is the worst one...I still think 2,3,4 Is better ... especially 4 is really good.

About motorsport the problem of penaltys and content is getting better but not there yet. The game it will never be a sim, but compared to GT they are match , there is some stuff that got does better other FM does better, for a "sim" console game FM is really good.

For someone that plays exclusively on sim leagues I'm having a blast although it tends to punish the good drivers with he crappy penalty system ....

But FM 7 had the same problem....although they did a fantastic job supporting and listen to the community so I'm pretty confident that game it will only get better and better.

blue velvet

Still using that reviewbombed metascore argument. SAD!
Motorsport flopped commercially and it was reviewed poorly on steam due to bugs and terrible SP campaign. There's literally less than 400 people playing right now on steam.
H2zIEbL.jpeg

THE DUCK

Banned
Still using that reviewbombed metascore argument. SAD!
Motorsport flopped commercially and it was reviewed poorly on steam due to bugs and terrible SP campaign. There's literally less than 400 people playing right now on steam.
H2zIEbL.jpeg

Still using that steam users arguement when most people played it on gamepass or on xbox consoles? SAD!

Still dodging the question, if it's so horrible, why did proffesional reviewers give it a good score? Let me guess, they were all paid off? Ok........

Chukhopops

The hate for Forza is unwarranted (at least with regards to single player).

It looks better and plays better than 5, 6 and 7.

The campaign is a bit sterile, but it always has been.
To be fair there were some unforgivable bugs at launch (cutscene crash, save issues, the super annoying gas bug) and the PC version is still really poor in terms of optimization. Game deserved some shit for that.

On console the game is solid right now and I say it as a regular online player.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
The graphics for one , gt7 released a year ago and looked better
Almost half the number of tracks
Released with shit tons of bugs I mean u couldn't even save single player progress for a month
Car rpg system was a total failure and it was horrible
People just moved on.
They did fixed a lot of issues but the problem with the industry is if the product launch is not that good people just leave the game and there is no coming back.

GT has a soul, which Forza Motorsport don't have. GT games are not only about racing, but it's the whole car culture, the car industry vibe, museums and the online mode is very strong. There are things that GT could do better, but overall is more enjoyable

And then we also have the GT World Series which will also start again soon.

dotnotbot

The difference is GT7 sold well and people are playing it.

Still using that steam users arguement when most people played it on gamepass or on xbox consoles? SAD!

Still dodging the question, if it's so horrible, why did proffesional reviewers give it a good score? Let me guess, they were all paid off? Ok........

These numbers are extremely poor even for a Gamepass title.

Last edited:

blue velvet

My guy Motorsport wasn't even in top 10 most played on Xbox right now and there are more people playing FH4 on steam. It has flopped commercially.
It wasn't super horrible but they shot themselves in the foot releasing the game in its current state. They marketed the game as "built from the ground up" which was an obvious lie. They are still reusing a lot of car models and assets from early Motorsport games.

Your only argument against GT7 was that review bombed score on Metacritic. Which is incredibly hilarious.
9gAXm4m.jpeg

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

We know who those so called "professional reviewers" are lol. This smells as the same story as Halo Infinite which was also kinda bad, flopped and looked dated as fuck. Same story how the game would look next-gen and when it was released it looked pretty sad and the single player campagna was also something they rushed. Halo Infinite shit had pretty much a lot of paid review scores, because it was never a 9/10 game.

All professional sim drivers didn't like Forza at all. They had given it a change, but most of dropped it very quickly and went back with other sims on pc or GT7.

Last edited:

Calverz

All hands on fable decks id imagine. Forza horizon isn’t disappearing anytime soon. Probably an announcement at game awards or next years showcase.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Personally, I've still barely touched Forza H5, and probably only 25% of the way through the Forza Motorsport stuff. I just don't have enough time to play everything. I played Forza H4 a lot, but didn't max it out either.

Racing fans are hardcore though I guess.

After the latest, fuck Forza.

I'm burned out on Motorsport AND Horizon.

Horizon gets a lot of praise but they paved the way for the FOMO in Motorsport now. And the general concept has gotten really stale, the basic gameplay loop is has been the same since Horizon 3.

IMO, T10 should be folded into Playground because they bombed Motorsport so hard. FM2023 is such a freaking boring game, it's offensively boring. The game is basically the same as launch, some bug fixes and few new tracks. But nothing major has changed besides the scrapping of the stupid car levels.

Last edited:
For the 1st time in Xbox history (I think), there was no mention of Forza at their showcase. This typically would have been the year they release a new Forza Horizon game. It's been 3 years since Horizon 5 and that was the longest time between releases. Also no mention of Forza Motorsport itself. I was hoping for a Motorsport 2.0 announcement or something of the kind. Motorsport desperately needs to redeem itself but now I think maybe they are just going to let it die. I've been a huge fan of the series except for the latest game and it was really strange watching a showcase without any mention of it.
Did you miss the memo that games take even longer to develop this gen. Microsoft quotes 4-6 years being standard for 9th gen game development. Doom for example is launching 5 years after eternal and that's a game that has had a smooth dev cycle.

Taur007

GT7 is way better game with a lot more content then Motorsport. GT7 was reviewbombed because of the “micro transaction” no one cares about, because you don’t need it. I think the majority of the GT7 players also forgot it that it is even in the game (GT Sport was the same).

Even the biggest race streamers are streaming GT7 and dropped Forza almost after 2 months.
GT was definitely trash at launch and after and wasn't "reviewbombed", all that hate was justified. the game might be in a better state now, but that shit was worse than any forza ever at launch, even FM5

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
GT was definitely trash at launch and after and wasn't "reviewbombed", all that hate was justified. the game might be in a better state now, but that shit was worse than any forza ever at launch, even FM5

It was the same game at launch, which is now even better. So i don't know what you trying to do here?

Explain to me what was worse at launch? Why was it reviewbombed for then and what was the hate for?

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The last GT and Forza brought me to a personal revelation. I will never play a traditional racer ever again. Just like SF5 taught me that I’m forever done with fighting games.

Top Bottom