• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Xbox Showcase without any mention of Forza

Bry0

Still using that steam users arguement when most people played it on gamepass or on xbox consoles? SAD!

Still dodging the question, if it's so horrible, why did proffesional reviewers give it a good score? Let me guess, they were all paid off? Ok........
Reviewers have deadlines and aren’t very thorough. Look at the community sentiment from long time fans of the franchise instead.

clarky

Gold Member
Yes, it's horrible, nobody will ever play forza motorsport again! Run for the hills!
Only on GAF could a game that has a 84 Metascore and 7.1 User score (vs 87 and 2.4 for GT7) be consindered a collosal failure that "ruins" the brand. Bravo.
Pull your head out of your arse and MC scores.

As a long time fan of the series Motorsport is a complete disaster.

clarky

Gold Member
GT was definitely trash at launch and after and wasn't "reviewbombed", all that hate was justified. the game might be in a better state now, but that shit was worse than any forza ever at launch, even FM5

Sorry nothing tops the current Motorsport.

The carrer mode is fucking awful.
A progression system so bad they ripped it out less than 3 months after launch.
Saftey ratings and matchmaking completely broken.
Unfinshed assets.
A complete technical mess on PC( and still is)

I could go on, its a fucking travesty.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
What’s a new Horizon going to bring to the table right now?

Glad they’re working on Fable. Save FH6 for future hardware.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Motorsport was ok but nothing special beyond feeling great with a controller. But Horizon is the mainline Forza now anyway, it is consistently quality and sells extremely well. Sure it feels a little like a map expansion pack each time which can bring on fatigue but there is only so much you can do with a car game. So having a pause is probably a good idea.

I wish PG would make a street racer with an actual storyline. I want something gritty and fun. Forza has felt too sterile for a while.

clarky

Gold Member
I wish PG would make a street racer with an actual storyline. I want something gritty and fun. Forza has felt too sterile for a while.
Last thing I want in a racer is a storyline.

Give me a proper career mode with decent AI, an actual proper damage model, loads of cars to collect and actual working multiplayer and top of the line graphic's. It's not rocket science.

The new Forza actually drives great on a pad. That's its only redeeming quality.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The hate for Forza is unwarranted (at least with regards to single player).

It looks better and plays better than 5, 6 and 7.

The campaign is a bit sterile, but it always has been.
So many wrong statements. The campaign barely exists in Forza 8 and it's more like a prolongued tutorial, instead they're pushing hard with fomo and featuring only timed events on a monthly basis. The leveling system was so wrong they had to add an alternative to keep people happy. Not to mention a ton of car classes aren't featured in the career mode - nothing for proper racing cars, only civilian cars. Plus no endurance races and pointless training sessions for super short races (without an option to make them longer).

Last edited:

BigLee74

So many wrong statements. The campaign barely exists in Forza 8 and it's more like a prolongued tutorial, instead they're pushing hard with fomo and featuring only timed events on a monthly basis. The leveling system was so wrong they had to add an alternative to keep people happy. Not to mention a ton of car classes aren't featured in the career mode - nothing for proper racing cars, only civilian cars. Plus no endurance races and pointless training sessions for super short races (without an option to make them longer).

So many wrong statements? I only made about 2 or 3. 😂

It looks and plays better than 5, 6 and 7, and the campaign is sterile. All true (and I’m still having a pop at the campaign which might appease you!)

Maybe a bit more info needed. I’m a VERY casual player, on the XSX, that doesn’t go near multiplayer.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
So many wrong statements? I only made about 2 or 3. 😂

It looks and plays better than 5, 6 and 7, and the campaign is sterile. All true (and I’m still having a pop at the campaign which might appease you!)

Maybe a bit more info needed. I’m a VERY casual player, on the XSX, that doesn’t go near multiplayer.
Yeah its a better experience on console. Still lacking for the reasons i listed above mind.

Top Bottom