• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I love all three new Liverpool kits but it's fair to say what tickles my fancy doesn't often line up with other people.

We can't see the tribal pattern on that third kit which means its subtle enough. It's quirky though. I like.

Messi

That´s just plain racist...

But ill oblige and take you upon your offer to talk about Jaws, i´m somewhat of an expert on the topic and i live in a shark infested island (they don´t actually infest the island proper being fish and all)

tumblr_m418iuxHz81rvtgc0o2_500.gif

Not those kinds of Jaws. :) I'm out.

Arnie

I love all three new Liverpool kits but it's fair to say what tickles my fancy doesn't often line up with other people.

We can't see the tribal pattern on that third kit which means its subtle enough. It's quirky though. I like.

I feel a bit dirty saying it after all the heinous mockups, but...

I kind of like it.

qXKPW.png

Kem0sabe

Where did all these floating faces come from? some internet repository of such things? does it have Ferguson heads as well? i would enjoy those.

That´s just plain racist...

But ill oblige and take you upon your offer to talk about Jaws, i´m somewhat of an expert on the topic and i live in a shark infested island (they don´t actually infest the island proper being fish and all)
Those aren't the kind of jaws he was referring to.

Agreed I love the off beat kits. Must be the relaxed nature of being American.

elsk

Banned
I remember seeing a Robben face icon, he was like doing a "d'oh". edit: it was the face he did after the goal against Man U.

Lightning

Banned
I honestly cannot believe how stupid Arshavin is for his comments. Is he trying to nuke his career or something? Just stupid beyond words. Idiot.

I'm shattered regarding the Dutch but at least our players are realise that they let us down and hopefully our management are looking into what happened and resolving it and no this is not saying we should sack our manager, just look at what the hell went wrong and more importantly what can be done to fix it. I can't imagine how I would react and feel if one of our senior players came out and said that...

Kem0sabe

I honestly cannot believe how stupid Arshavin is for his comments. Is he trying to nuke his career or something? Just stupid beyond words. Idiot.

I'm shattered regarding the Dutch but at least our players are realise that they let us down and hopefully our management are looking into what happened and resolving it and no this is not saying we should sack our manager, just look at what the hell went wrong and more importantly what can be done to fix it. I can't imagine how I would react and feel if one of our senior players came out and said that...

What did the crazy communist say?

GorillaJu

Those are a bit large, aren't they? Shouldn't be so much bigger than standard emoticons

"It's no secret that I'm happy to be in Liverpool. Otherwise, I would not have been there for six years," he told sporten.dk.

"I have not [discussed a new contract] but if they come with an offer I will surely sit down and talk with them.

"It's not something that is urgent, for I have contract until 2014, but if they ask I will listen.

"I am looking forward to meeting the new coach. I've seen what he has done at Swansea, and it has been impressive."

Good news for us – the glue-sniffer is absolutely indispensable to any aspirations we have. He and Skrtel make an ideal partnership.

Lightning

Banned
What did the crazy communist say?
he said this;

The fact that we have not met your expectations is not our problem.

It’s your problem. When I’m sitting in [Federal House] State Duma, I’ll be held accountable before you.

We lost because we did not score and the Greeks did. These conversations will not change the result of the game.

http://allarsenal.com/news/arsenal-news-arshavin-sparking-controversy-could-loose-him-the-armband/

Now for me this is not what a captain should be saying. That's just going to piss fans off even more, after they are already pissed off. this punk needs to realise we pay hard earned money to watch our teams and there has to be a level of performance and accountability.

jtb

Banned
Bayern offers 7 million euros per year to Javi Martinez and a 5-year contract. (link)

BOOM.

He would have a bigger salary than Robben.

wat. that sounds like a horrible business decision. I rate Martinez, but... not on the level of being a star player. That also makes it sound like Robben is on a shit contract - is he the highest paid player at Bayern?

and re:Arshavin, what a little shit. Huge dick move. Hopefully they do strip him of the armband (and it doesn't interfere with shipping him out)

elsk

Banned
wat. that sounds like a horrible business decision. I rate Martinez, but... not on the level of being a star player. That also makes it sound like Robben is on a shit contract - is he the highest paid player at Bayern?

and re:Arshavin, what a little shit. Huge dick move. Hopefully they do strip him of the armband (and it doesn't interfere with shipping him out)

I'm not really sure who is the highest paid player at Bayern, but I'm pretty sure Robben isn't. Ribéry, Lahm, Schweinsteiger they all are getting more money I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom