• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

Is this an avenue you want to take this thread down?

dd-%20chut%20up.jpg

Clegg

Real Madrid can fuck off!!

According to Daily Mail they've set aside £55m to secure David Silva and are willing to include Higuain in a cash and player deal.

That would be a very good deal for any team other than City. Getting a world class striker and cash is nothing to be sniffed at.

But City are rich as sin so they don't need the money Madrid are offering.

gurasa

That's true, but it's because many people who don't follow club football like us, watch the biggest events like EURO and WC. So they'll of course have a different understanding of the sport, etc.

I think it's cool, I know many friends who started to follow club level after watching the World Cup... I'd say we'll have many new people in this thread for next season.
I agree!

I don't post that often but I lurk and read posts all the time. I don't like the "stay away from the euro thread" sentiment. You guys are bigger than that! It's a thread on an international tournament which normally attracts "casual" fans, those who don't follow club football or necessarily understand every law of of the game, those who join for the mere idea of cheering their national team. It's expected to have people who don't understand the offside rule, or think that "pretty" football should be the only lawful way to play the game. The same thing happened in the WC2010 thread and will happen again in WC2014. It's funny, yeah, but also interesting and it shouldn't stop you guys from participating in the that thread. Do not hate. Educate. :p

You can thank the sagacious folks at Fox for the different cuts of BR. The theatrical version is the result of some Game Informer-esque second-guessing on the producers' part. Hell, Scott didn't even do the 1992 Director's Cut. No idea about the rest. Personally, I'm just glad David Giler or Walter Hill never got their greasy hands near it. What a bunch of cuts.

Also:

Wilbury said:
Don't really like Scarface apart from Pacino. Overlong and melodramatic.

THANK YOU. The last act is a total drag. Goodfellas is reference quality, by comparison.

"This guy's saying, 'what do you want from me?'"

Wilbur

Banned
I agree!

I don't post that often but I lurk and read posts all the time. I don't like the "stay away from the euro thread" sentiment. You guys are bigger than that! It's a thread on an international tournament which normally attracts "casual" fans, those who don't follow club football or necessarily understand every law of of the game, those who join for the mere idea of cheering their national team. It's expected to have people who don't understand the offside rule, or think that "pretty" football should be the only lawful way to play the game. The same thing happened in the WC2010 thread and will happen again in WC2014. It's funny, yeah, but also interesting and it shouldn't stop you guys from participating in the that thread. Do not hate. Educate. :p

I think the problem is that they don't say 'wasn't that offside?' or 'why do England play defensive football?'. It's always 'that was offside', 'England play shit football'. The amount of people still claiming that Ukraine were robbed is mind boggling. But I'd love to see a lot more fans of different clubs in here, I love the different chat

Makes him sound like a bit of an arrogant dick head.

Indeed it does. I hope for AVB's sake (and Tottenham's) that it's a misquote.

So Footy-Gaf, West Ham have signed Diame from Wigan. Does anyone know much about him? I seem to recall reading that Liverpool were interested.

re Director's cuts: I once bought the DC of Mel Gibson's Payback. Oh man, I had no idea what I was in for.

The Guardian said:
Perhaps not surprisingly as the only team with three wins from three, Germany have a strong influence in the first XI, with three players – Manuel Neuer, Mats Hummels and Sami Khedira – making the cut, while Sebastian Schweinsteiger and Mario Gomez just miss out. Indeed you have been so impressed with Hummels, the Borussia Dortmund centre-half, that he is comfortably the player with the highest average rating of all, at 7.93.

humm4fyce1.png

Wilbur

Banned
Indeed it does. I hope for AVB's sake (and Tottenham's) that it's a misquote.

So Footy-Gaf, West Ham have signed Diame from Wigan. Does anyone know much about him? I seem to recall reading that Liverpool were interested.

re Director's cuts: I once bought the DC of Mel Gibson's Payback. Oh man, I had no idea what I was in for.

I like Diame, Wigan had a potentially fantastic midfield. Surprised he's gone West Ham though. I think they'll finish about Wigan next year but not enough to say its a definite definite step up.

http://www.abload.de/img/humm4fyce1.png[/IM[/QUOTE]

Good usage haha. Someone make a Stephen Ward one

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Guardian are reporting that AVB is upset that Levy is talking to other candidates and could rule himself out if it continues.

*crosses fingers*

They also say he understands Modric will be sold to Real Madrid.

Edit: I see it's already been mentioned.

Wilbur

Banned
The Guardian are reporting that AVB is upset that Levy is talking to other candidates and could rule himself out if it continues.

*crosses fingers*

Might have missed it but did you say who you want? Blanc?

Also Modric would be wasted at Madrid if Khedira and Alonso are starters. Would be a silly buy, especially with Sahin still there.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Might have missed it but did you say who you want? Blanc?

Also Modric would be wasted at Madrid if Khedira and Alonso are starters. Would be a silly buy, especially with Sahin still there.

Blanc would be my first choice, but as long it's not AVB I don't really care.

K1LLER7

*crosses fingers*

Edit: I see it's already been mentioned.

I don't get why Madrid want Modric if it's true. Where would he play?

Edit: Unless they move Ozil to the wing which Mou tried a couple of times last season.

elsk

Banned
The Guardian said:
Perhaps not surprisingly as the only team with three wins from three, Germany have a strong influence in the first XI, with three players – Manuel Neuer, Mats Hummels and Sami Khedira – making the cut, while Sebastian Schweinsteiger and Mario Gomez just miss out. Indeed you have been so impressed with Hummels, the Borussia Dortmund centre-half, that he is comfortably the player with the highest average rating of all, at 7.93.

English press is pure class.

fuenf

Yahoo Sports section speculates that Bayern may use Arjen Robben to get Dzeko.
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/verlässt-robben-den-fc-bayern-161537872.html

DO IT.

Bayern never swaps players. I dont get it the transfer rumours are all over the place this season Dzeko? sure, droppin 40m on Javy? why not, Pep would like him... it's crazy.

Damn, that'd be hot. City would totally turn into a kingdom of evil to me :D

hehe but City isnt that dumb. :( Juve might make a good fit though. But who am i kidding, we are stuck with him.

spidye

English press is pure class.

lol. never thought I would read that again.

Bayern never swaps players. I dont get it the transfer rumours are all over the place this season Dzeko? sure, droppin 40m on Javy? why not, Pep would like him... it's crazy.

hehe but City isnt that dumb. :( Juve might make a good fit though. But who am i kidding, we are stuck with him.
it's not only this season. bayern, like juve and city is linked with nearly half of the human population. I don't believe any of these rumours when it comes to bayern.
the only confirmation I need is when they officially announce it on the homepage

^ The final scene makes up for it.

Didnt Watzke already say that they want to extend him?

Yeah, something along those lines. Maybe he's not talking about a transfer, but rather about the fact that he's ok with being employed out of position if needed just to be able to play for Dortmund, answering a question along the lines of: "now that Dortmund signed Reus are you afraid to be benched?". We'll see.

Yeah everything in Scarface has been referenced tons of times in games (especially GTA: Vice City!)

Think the film is overrated, Pacino is very good though. Everyone here has seen the Godfather right????!

Wilbur

Banned
but scarface is the mother of the cliches.
that movie basically invented all those cliches

Then it is to blame for the cliches.

I just think its overlong, melodramatic, poorly acted apart from Pacino... looks nice though, and a few great scenes.

elsk

Banned
Damn, that'd be hot. City would totally turn into a kingdom of evil to me :D

/Kicker preview: "What's going to happen to Großkreutz?"
Kb8z6.jpg

GK: "I'm open to everything?" Wtf, GK...you so silly :O
Ws078.jpg

What they say about Xhaka? Is he missing the Olympics to do pre-season with Gladbach?

GorillaJu

Skrtel is class but we'll get another CB and still be ok if he leaves. Sissohko or Caulker and we'd come ahead financially.

Don't think we're interested in selling him, though. Think Rodgers will be keen to show his ambition this year by not letting key players go.

Arnie

Then it is to blame for the cliches.

I just think its overlong, melodramatic, poorly acted apart from Pacino... looks nice though, and a few great scenes.
Aye, I'm glad it's not just me who thinks the acting's a bit shit. Very obvious performances. And just because it invented the clichès doesn't make it any less tedious of you're watching it after the fact.

What they say about Xhaka? Is he missing the Olympics to do pre-season with Gladbach?
That's what Gladbach wants:
"Xhaka threatened by Olympics - abstinence not yet official"
"The Swiss federation and Gladbach didn't agree...*can't decipher the rest*"

/edit
beaten

FootballFan

That's what Gladbach wants:
"Xhaka threatened by Olympics - abstinence not yet official"
"The Swiss federation and Gladbach didn't agree...*can't decipher the rest*"

/edit
beaten

Reminds me of Messi situation in 2008. He wanted to go to the Olympics, Argentina wanted him to go, Barca said no, Pep said yes, he ended up going and winning.

Arnie

Cue montage of Tony making deals and money being counted.

Song from Vice city.

Fuck this films making me want to replay that game so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom