• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale had Over 1 Million Players on its First Day

Sarcasm

Certainly would seem to make a TON of sense for the inevitable Division sequel to feature a Battle Royale mode. Gotta think that will be heavily featured in it

Ubisoft really could attempt this considering they upgraded their anvil engine to handle much more massive land sizes without sacrificing scene density.
GlamorousValidBelugawhale.gif

Wonder if they're actually thinking about doing so.

All they have to do in division is alter the existing semi br mode into a full one.

Dueck

Banned
I think I came in 23rd once... My highest so far. I killed two people and simply didn't see anyone else until dying. I don't want to play PUBG on PC, so this has been a nice bonus when I need a break from Destiny 2. I may not even bother with PUBG at all now, if this proves enjoyable or I get sick of the formula... Plus that executive getting all rear-pained rubbed me the wrong way.

Ploid 3.0

Ubisoft really could attempt this considering they upgraded their anvil engine to handle much more massive land sizes without sacrificing scene density.
http://giant.gfyc

Wonder if they're actually thinking about doing so.[/QUOTE]

My gosh that looks insane. I wish I liked shooters and team focused PVP MP games. The only thing I'll be playing in FN BR is free for all. I'm interested in the PVE side though.

PS4 do not require PS+ for Free to Play multiplayer games.

All multiplayer games require Xbox Live Gold, maybe some MMOs don't, I'm not sure, but I do know MS require gold for f2p.
I know Neverwinter doesn’t on Xbox so I’m glad to hear this doesn’t require plus

I’ll download this tonight to tide me over until that PUBG console release

Yeah being able to cope with 100 players at once is going to be the biggest hurdle to imitators.

I see, I didn't think about that.

So it's actually a commendable achievement from Bluehole, a relatively small studio from the East that anyone barely knew. Heck, they don't even have a page yet on Wikipedia.

danm999

Microsoft about to reconsider that partnership with PUBG.

Mmm, having played both I think there's a fair amount of utility in PUBG to people who are looking for a different visual style and gunplay. They probably aren't sweating the idea of having both choices on their platform.

Cerium

So it's actually a commendable achievement from Bluehole, a relatively small studio from the East that anyone barely knew. Heck, they don't even have a page yet on Wikipedia.

They worked closely with Epic in order to modify UE4 to suit their needs.

That is part of why they're mad at Epic lol. The work Epic did to help out on PUBG undoubtedly helped them get Fortnite running quickly.

Snefer

Bluehole are larger than Epic in teamsize afaik,

Menome

How well is Fortnite running on PS4 Pro? Might give it a download this weekend to try it out, but need to know if it's worthwhile lugging my PS4 to my girlfriend's place to use her connection.

Bollocks

I find it hilarious that both are using the very same engine yet one is janky as hell while the other is buttery smooth. The buttery smooth one also lets you destroy/build new environment, something that should be more taxing than the static environment of PUBG.

Cerium

I find it hilarious that both are using the very same engine yet one is janky as hell while the other is buttery smooth. The buttery smooth one also lets you destroy/build new environment, something that should be more taxing than the static environment of PUBG.
Well, Epic is just a bit more familiar with Unreal Engine than Bluehole.

How well is Fortnite running on PS4 Pro? Might give it a download this weekend to try it out, but need to know if it's worthwhile lugging my PS4 to my girlfriend's place to use her connection.
It has a higher framerate than PS4 and Xbone so it's the best way to play on console at the moment.

Considering I wont be able to play PUBG well into 2018 on PS4, I'm gonna give Fortnite a go later tonight.
The buzz seems positive and after watching a couple videos (love the art style) this battle royale seems fun.

Plus, being free doesn't hurt!

Great, feels like rock solid 60fps.

Is probably more like a fluctuating 50fps but it's very hard to tell, it's just smooth as butter.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Yeah, shooting being crap is the reason i probably won't stick around much with the game.

I felt like this when playing on PC. On a controller it feels a little better but still "off". Not sure how I feel about the overall experience. Don't think much of the map, either. Might just be a familiarity thing but there's a whole bunch of little things I don't much care for that are making me feel iffy about the whole affair.

Nev

Banned
I hope this leads to more people trying Paragon and UT when they get tired of fortnite in 2 hours.

Anyways I'm happy for Epic, they're being great this gen and deserve a big mainstream success like this.

You can have a weighty gameplay feel without bogging it down with intense animation priority. TLOU and to a lesser extent UC4/LL feel a thousand times better to player and they straight up have better character animation than Rockstar games.

Not the same though. It's the sense of inertia when moving a character. No other games has that.

Hyperbole overload.

PUBG easily still the king and that'll never change.

PUBG hasn't even been around for a year. It hasn't even passed the point of being a fad but we're talking about it like it is some kind of unstoppable industry juggernaut. Overwatch had way better odds of being that and it didn't manage.

GodofWine

I wish PUBG implemented the 'sound / damage direction' indicator FNBR has. Its subtle and I think it would add to the realism of the game actually. If you are directly in front of a gun shot, or directly behind a gun shot, they sound the same, and its simply insane to not know where you are getting shot from if it hits you. Between the 2004 blood splatter and the 'uh uh uh' sound you make when hit. good luck. People when the get his usually either run because they have no idea whats happening, or they spin around trying to find you, because they have NO IDEA.

Shot detection isn't a skill in PUBG. Its highly limited and often dependent on equipment.

Bluehole talks about how they want parity by forcing Post processing, and shadows to to fixed setting, and they want parity by blocking certain key bindings. Meanwhile someone with $400 headsets can actually tell if a shot is in front of them or behind them, and most people with 2 channel speakers / headphones simply can't tell.

gypsygib

Waiting for the DICE version of Battle Royal. Amazing graphics, already has destructible environments and know vehicles well. I bet on them winning the dev BR battle for BR dominance.

Top Bottom