• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If only they would put the game on sale without a bundle.

You mean physical or digital?
If you're in the US the digital edition was $25 just a few weeks ago.
If you're in EU the physical edition has been as as low as €19, I know 'cause I grabbed it (DAY One edition too) less than a month ago.

Ryhian

I know the game has been out awhile but shocked at how dead this community is. Looking to get into the gaf club if possible.

I did pick up Storm dlc while it's on sale. Loving it!

Balboa

Hey guys I've finished the first Horizon Finale and now I'm in control of the road trips but I don't seem to be working towards anything? I've read that there is a second finale but when is that supposed to occur?

There is no longer a championship countdown after I complete one so I can't tell what's going on if anything

It occurs after the same number of championships it took to get to the first finale.

I'm not sure what that number is off hand. It's been a while. I thought the narrator guy tells you about the second finale, but maybe not.

Balboa

It occurs after the same number of championships it took to get to the first finale.

I'm not sure what that number is off hand. It's been a while. I thought the narrator guy tells you about the second finale, but maybe not.

Okay thanks then it must be another 15 championships, there was a very brief mention of a second finale but nothing since and there doesn't seem to be a countdown to the second finale so I feel a bit lost, also that Ben guy said he would be involved in the races from now on but there has been no sign of him so far? Or is that just the final race?

I'm tempted to buy an xb1 just for this game. I had a lot of fun with FH1 on 360.

If I wanted all the cars and DLC along with the system, is there a specific bundle I should look for?

I don't think there's a bundle that includes everything.

There are digital Ultimate editions, which include the game, VIP pass, car pass and (I think) first non-car-pass car pack.

You still wouldn't have Storm Island, the Porsche expansion, at least one other car pack, the two Fast & Furious packs and... I think that's it.

Ah ok, I will look around for the ultimate edition.

My little bro has xb1... if he got Horizon 2, how easy is it to meet up in game? Is there some sort of party system?

Is the elite controller very good? I'd be using it for PC as well. I'm thinking of going with an elite bundle and digital copy of FH2.

*edit* I read some good things about the elite controller. Went ahead and ordered that from Amazon to avoid the 10% sales tax locally. $58 saved... will put that towards FH2. Can't wait! :)

Sorry I keep bumping this thread with nonstop questions...

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to get the day one car pack. From what I read thats the pack that has the Fiesta ST...

Is it impossible to get that pack now?

BADNED

Sorry I keep bumping this thread with nonstop questions...

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to get the day one car pack. From what I read thats the pack that has the Fiesta ST...

Is it impossible to get that pack now?
It is exclusive to the "Day One" edition of the game(code inside the box).
BTW all three cars(Fiesta ST, Challenger 392 & A 45 AMG) are already in the base game. The ones in the pack are just pre-tuned and feature a special day one livery.

Maybe you can find a cheap code on eBay´if you really want them.

It is exclusive to the "Day One" edition of the game(code inside the box).
BTW all three cars(Fiesta ST, Challenger 392 & A 45 AMG) are already in the base game. The ones in the pack are just pre-tuned and feature a special day one livery.

Maybe you can find a cheap code on eBay´if you really want them.

Ok cool, that clears it up. I don't mind not having the livery, I just want to make sure that car is available. Thanks!

Picked up Storm Island during the sale, and WOW.

This is exactly what I want from the off road sections. Have me drive cars that belong off road and make some big jumps / air that can actually affect the race if you come in at a bad angle. GREAT DLC!

I'd love to see the next Horizon make it so that exotics and road cars can drive off road but are truly tough to control and at a huge disadvantage like they should be. Then have your rally beasts, trucks, and SUV's available to make it feel like the right kind of car races the right kind of race. It just makes it feel a bit more real and varied.

Still loving this game and Forza 6!

Picked up Storm Island during the sale, and WOW.

This is exactly what I want from the off road sections. Have me drive cars that belong off road and make some big jumps / air that can actually affect the race if you come in at a bad angle. GREAT DLC!

I'd love to see the next Horizon make it so that exotics and road cars can drive off road but are truly tough to control and at a huge disadvantage like they should be. Then have your rally beasts, trucks, and SUV's available to make it feel like the right kind of car races the right kind of race. It just makes it feel a bit more real and varied.

Still loving this game and Forza 6!

Is there any reason not to buy Storm Island right off the bat? Xbox should show up today, I'm planning to buy ultimate edition and probably Storm Island.

No gameplay reason, but it was just on sale for $5 but is back up to $20.

There was a 50% discount for having the VIP pass, but I'm not sure that's active anymore. At least, I've seen more than a few posts on FM.net complaining about it.

Stackboy

This will be my arcade racer for the year again, as there hasn't really been anything of late that has better Forza Horizon 2. So much content too!

witness

Think I'm going to finally jump in on storm island this weekend since I bought it during that $5 deal. I got my Xbox last summer and I played it longer than any other game last year, 86 hours. Excited to see what's in store for FH3!

Stackboy

Think I'm going to finally jump in on storm island this weekend since I bought it during that $5 deal. I got my Xbox last summer and I played it longer than any other game last year, 86 hours. Excited to see what's in store for FH3!

Hoping we get FH3 this year!

Is there any reason not to buy Storm Island right off the bat? Xbox should show up today, I'm planning to buy ultimate edition and probably Storm Island.

The only reason I would consider waiting on playing Storm Island is to just not spoil yourself for the vanilla version off road races. The Storm Island ones are just a lot more fun in my book.

Still this is an awesome game overall, and you are in for a treat!!!

The only reason I would consider waiting on playing Storm Island is to just not spoil yourself for the vanilla version off road races. The Storm Island ones are just a lot more fun in my book.

Still this is an awesome game overall, and you are in for a treat!!!

I got it loaded up last night. Bought Storm Island, but it is greyed out for now.

Started with the Supra, upgraded it to about 600 hp with a flat wide powerband... it was still super strong on boost and spun the tires. I ended up having to make it AWD to beat the JDM cross country race thru the fields/farms. Need to buy an actual rally car so the Supra can go back to RWD as god intended.

The game is really fun, I might end up buying the other car packs but I think I'l good for now with ultimate edition/storm island.

Ullus

Having some major problems with Storm Island, whenever I enter the tuning menu the game freezes, doesn't matter which car. Works perfectly in the main game. Anyone had similar issues?
EDIT: seems to happen in the main game now after leaving the island

PaulLFC

I appreciate how lazy this will make me sound, but is there some sort of "claim all free cars" option in the garage?

I bought a few of the DLC packs and the car pass in recent sales, loaded up the game and now I have a lot of cars in those packs listed as free - but to add them to my garage for use in events it seems I have to select the car, choose a paint job, choose to "buy" the car for free and then choose to remain in the Autoshow. That takes quite a while with the number of cars there are - is there a way to speed it up at all?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I appreciate how lazy this will make me sound, but is there some sort of "claim all free cars" option in the garage?

I bought a few of the DLC packs and the car pass in recent sales, loaded up the game and now I have a lot of cars in those packs listed as free - but to add them to my garage for use in events it seems I have to select the car, choose a paint job, choose to "buy" the car for free and then choose to remain in the Autoshow. That takes quite a while with the number of cars there are - is there a way to speed it up at all?

It's killing me too! I don't think there is such a thing. Neither is there in FM6.

zorbsie

There isn't an option to just get all free cars. It is a bit of a pain. At least in FM6 there is a tab that shows you all the free cars. That makes it slightly faster.

PaulLFC

It's killing me too! I don't think there is such a thing. Neither is there in FM6.

There isn't an option to just get all free cars. It is a bit of a pain. At least in FM6 there is a tab that shows you all the free cars. That makes it slightly faster.
Okay thanks, hopefully it's something they'll consider for FH3.

Edit: Just noticed while "buying" free cars that every time you return to the Autoshow it resets the filters so the free cars are no longer in order - then when you sort by value it has you scrolling from a 120,000CR car allllllllllllllll the way to the left to find the free ones. Ugh. Great game, woeful UX design, at least in the garage. Now I doubly hope they fix this in the next game.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Is FH2 worth playing on the Xbox 360? I've been replaying Most Wanted U to scratch a racing game itch but I'd love to try something similar and Horizon 2 looks pretty good.

been playing this game since release on and off and noticed recently this game is starting to crash a lot, especially when on the road trip back to the festival, whats up?

paischu

So pumped for Horizon 3. I am still coming back to 2 every few weeks to have a nice road trip.

What I'm most excited for is the Soundtrack. From 1 to 2 nearly every song on Bass Arena is a perfect fit for the series and the games open up new artists to me that I've never heard before.

AND it will (presumably) come to PC? Oh sweet lord please unlock the frame for dat 144Hz.

Really excited over here. Location doesn't even matter to me, I just hope it won't be infected with micro-transactions (Horizon 2 was pretty ok).

maxcriden

Hey guys, I got a free digital code for the game and want to sell it. But, I'm not sure what a going price would be like. Any ideas? eBay's avg. sold price is kinda all over the place.

HeliosT10

Hi guys, sorry for the bump from the grave but I was just wondering if you guys here at GAF have been thinking about who would be the club leader for the GAF Forza Horizon 3 club?

Top Bottom