• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Awwww shhhhhiii...it's happening fellaz!

d98ee96bbdce6ccf791629cf56274202_zps8bcbc600.jpg

m23

So what camera angle are most of you going to use? In Forza 5, I use the 1st person view, but in Forza Horizon (360) I use 3rd person due to the more arcade type of way that game is. With FH2 being a little more sim that FH1, I am not sure if I will switch to 1st person or stick with 3rd person and after watching the sims racing review I am think in-car.

Although using third person makes it easier, hood or cockpit make the game much more immersive and intense. Driving through the fields in cockpit view is nuts.

p3tran

Banned
How do your times compare on a wheel vs a pad mate?

normal steering, I'm there. sim steering, well, yeah :D

edit:
as we discussed yesterday over our online fm5 races, what horizon2 needs asap, is the separation in leaderboards.
you used rewind? happy for you, but your laptime should be listed after the slowest dude that did not use rewind.

also some switches on the leaderboard, like a filter displaying results using combo wheel/simulation/damage would be nice too.
you know these kind of settings will bring laptimes that maybe are 10 or 20 seconds slower, while in reality these laptimes take a skill level x100 than what the leaderboards currently show as top talent :D

That's promising then. Thanks.

Isn't possible to dirty laps now then? Makes sense with the corner cutting but yeah rewind should be punished.

Deffo up for some filters in leaderboards.

Syriel

Although using third person makes it easier, hood or cockpit make the game much more immersive and intense. Driving through the fields in cockpit view is nuts.

Hood view is the way to go.

Bumper cam is nigh impossible when going through fields (all you see is grass).

Do retailer specific preorder cars typically get released later for everyone as DLC? Probably going to pick it up digitally to burn through credit but I hate to miss out on that Ferrari from Amazon (or Lambo from GameStop.)

Jamesways

Any way to get this early by changing regions?

Keep in mind you're locked to that region for DLC as well then. Which is fine, but transactions could take longer because you need cards/codes in that currency.

I did the same for MotoGP 14 on ps4. Had to get UK codes for the DLC.

U2NUMB

I sure hope the game unlocks at 12am Eastern... that means I get it at 11pm. Otherwise I will have to wait till tomorrow after work to play.. yuck!

The_Monk

Watched the Inside Sim Racing review, loved it, tweeted it, can't wait to see you guys posting some pictures when you all get the game. Please have some fun for me, and share those pictures!

Keep in mind you're locked to that region for DLC as well then. Which is fine, but transactions could take longer because you need cards/codes in that currency.

I did the same for MotoGP 14 on ps4. Had to get UK codes for the DLC.

Think i'll just wait it out, sparing me future headaches

Bessy67

One more sleep until Horizon! How bad for me would it be if I took a bunch of ambien to knock me out for the next 25 hours?
I'm kidding. Well, maybe I'm kidding...

psychotron

Day One Deluxe secured! The Forza 5 weekend got me back into racing games, leading me to pick up a physical copy of the game the very same weekend. The Horizon 2 demo sent me into full on addict mode.

So can anyone confirm 100% if the NA version unlocks tomorrow if you're not in NA?

Is it worth cancelling a preorder to get it tomorrow? And how do I switch store?

m23

Game has a few bugs, hopefully its patched soon. Sometimes the loading screen starts acting up, geometry disappeared and the game has crashed twice. Usually it's fine, bit there are some bugs that need to be fixed.

So can anyone confirm 100% if the NA version unlocks tomorrow if you're not in NA?

Is it worth cancelling a preorder to get it tomorrow? And how do I switch store?

So according to Xbox Help it's okay for me to do this, but it's at my own risk due to changing region with a UK billing address.

Has anyone tried this? Desperate to know if I can do this before it's too late.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What is the general opinion regarding what version to purchase?
Am I fine with the just the regular Day One edition?
I don't really care about extra cars that much. The difference between 200 cars and 260 after DLC packs means little to me. I will likely just find the early 90's Toyota Supra and as long as that's good in this game spend the majority of my time in that. :) Love the Supra.

The deluxe edition comes with the VIP pass that has experience boost abilities. Am I going to be crippled without this?

I don't want to spend more money that I need to, but I don't want to be "left behind" because I was too cheap to buy a couple of upgrades.

How much do I need to bribe the store pickup guy at Best Buy?

Got the email saying my order is at the store and I can pick it up... tomorrow. :(

Top Bottom