• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Resolution (1080p), Framerate (30fps), Music, & More Detailed - IGNF

Maybe it is because the distance? can't put a lot of details in far objects.

I guess the IQ will be like this:
037rst1.jpg

Heretic

They showed very little, but they definitely showed enough to properly set the stage.

That showcase lambo, looking great, kicking up mud, driving through a grassy area that'd probably have been walled off in the first Horizon, in a picturesque European locale with those classic Horizon draw distances, all while storm clouds gather overhead.

It says all the right things while also vexing us enough to be glued to the conference come Monday and any footage beyond. So yep, mission duly accomplished. Our coin purses have been collectively jingled.
Absolutely!

flashmouth

Neo Member
I just keep watching that few seconds over and over again, after that misunderstanding called FM5 I can't say there's any other game right now I am looking forwart to more.

I think it's a really well made teaser in every sense of that word, it was just misplaced. How cool would it have been if they just posted this before the whole IGN First thing? After that Playground tweet that just said "Good morning guys" and then few hours later release the teaser followed by the IGN coverage.

Shaneus

I just keep watching that few seconds over and over again, after that misunderstanding called FM5 I can't say there's any other game right now I am looking forwart to more.

I think it's a really well made teaser in every sense of that word, it was just misplaced. How cool would it have been if they just posted this before the whole IGN First thing? After that Playground tweet that just said "Good morning guys" and then few hours later release the teaser followed by the IGN coverage.
Yup. The teaser we saw would've been better served as having not been advertised beforehand IMO.

The extreme closeup looks sharp, when it shows the car in the open field it looks blurry. Obvious difference between the scenes, heck the xbox logo at the end looks way sharper.

All those pictures look great but that teaser video near the end didn't really impress me. Then again we are only going by compressed video but the tress and backgrounds didn't have much detail.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I don't remember the first Horizon having as good DoF in photomode as in gameplay.

There's no DOF in that shot. Everything is in focus, there's just some motion blur on the grass in the foreground. The back end of the car next to the grass is in focus.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
forzahorizon4qzcmh.jpg

i love everything this bit teases. the off-road openness, vineyards, wooded foothills, rocky outcroppings, farm, mountains, two (?) towns/cities, coastline. all drivable. not to mention the changing weather conditions. it may be just my imagination (or the dust in the air), but it almost looks like you can see the rain falling in the distance. https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...fiobZOsfagGHC3aMbdxJyZrHUUtaxxnK930Su7rOo4MBl

i found items and the road itself somewhat difficult to distinguish on the horizon. much more so then the jaggy forza 4. 1080p for horizon 2 should help with that quite a bit though

It is a 720p game, and it is a youtube video. But IMHO, it looks not blurry at all.

cool_dude

Banned
Was in Kansas for Memorial holiday, and it rained heavily, made for some challenging driving conditions, namely obscured vision.

Can't wait to activate the windshield wipers in Forza Horizon 2!

op_ivy

It is a 720p game, and it is a youtube video. But IMHO, it looks not blurry at all.

i've played countless hours of both horizon and fm4. switching between the two made me appreciate the IQ of fm4 much more. i found horizon's AA implementation difficult to make out items far away and preferred the sharper, and yes jaggy, IQ of fm4. to each his own. 1080p and their AA will probably be fine and clean. best of both worlds.

Cygnus

Banned
i've played countless hours of both horizon and fm4. switching between the two made me appreciate the IQ of fm4 much more. i found horizon's AA implementation difficult to make out items far away and preferred the sharper, and yes jaggy, IQ of fm4.

I agree if we're talking hot lap mode with 4xMSAA. With 2x in normal race mode the jaggies are very apparent and distracting. As impressive as Horizons AA solutions are on such old hardware, FXAA does slightly blur the overall image.

op_ivy

I agree if we're talking hot lap mode with 4xMSAA. With 2x in normal race mode the jaggies are very apparent and distracting. As impressive as Horizons AA solutions are on such old hardware, FXAA does slightly blur the overall image.

i did play a lot of time trials, which probably contributes to me assessment of the two game's IQ

All I caught was that glimpse of the new E3 showing, and not a peep about this?

There was some footage. Cars racing in the rain, driving through fields, etc. Not much in terms of actual gameplay though, which really bugged me. Hoping we get some from the showfloor or from a later demo.

Seems like rally may be part of the core package with that small bit of cars leaping over the road in the E3 showing and it makes sense when thinking about the greater open-world nature of the game's southern Europe. Need more footage.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
video is up on the xbox one store. Looks ok but you can see the Forza 5 roots. Felt a bit disappointing - they had the bulletpoint 'dramatic weather' and then its just a bit of rain. I trust it'll play well but technically it isn't that big jump forward that FH1 felt when it came out.

jamsy

If it's allegedly based on real places (Southern Europe or what have you) would be kinda neat if it took actual real time forecasts and converted them to game weather (obviously you'd need to be online).

Helios has posted in another thread that it's scripted in the E3 demo to give those who only play once a chance to see weather effects - but in the final game weather is dynamic.

Yeah I just read that, it was pretty obviously meant to show off the rain and shiny roads at the end of the races.

Top Bottom