• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox & Friends equates 9/11 memorial with Confederate monuments

Malyse

By giving them attention, you are literally giving them money and paying their salaries. They are saying these things for one reason, and one reason only: to make money.

No, we literally are not. JFC.
Thinking that they don't legitimately believe anything they say is dangerous. Remember when Trump was supposed to pivot and he wasn't really going to deport muslims and wasn't really going to build a wall? Hell remember when he wasn't going to fucking pardon Joe Arpiao?

Get your head out of the sand. Ignoring what's being said on a show that's virtually making national policy is asinine to the point of idiocy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
“So I’m an advocate of, again, learning from our monuments, understanding the period that they were made, but also we live in a great country, and monuments are not Republican, Democrat, independent — the monuments are a tribute to all of us,” he said.
By all means. This analysis will NOT show Confederate statues and monuments in a positive light.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Since we don’t put up statues of Jesus, everyone is gonna fall morally short
There was a 60 foot statue of Jesus here in Ohio until several years ago. It got destroyed by a lightening strike.

Curufinwe

Can we erect a monument of Hitler? He was just such an important part of our history that I feel we need to have that monument there to learn from.

Copy, Paste, replace Hitler with Osama.

Copy, Paste, replace Osama with Satan.

Etc...

Hit... who?

I don't even know who that is, probably because there are no statutes of them.

kvothe

Hit... who?

I don't even know who that is, probably because there are no statutes of them.

Yeah, I don't get what that person is referencing. I went to my local park to see if there were any statues of that guy and didn't find one, so I'm pretty sure he didn't exist?

Just because Trump wastes his time masturbating to racist propaganda doesn't mean we need to be subjected to it.

By giving them attention, you are literally giving them money and paying their salaries. They are saying these things for one reason, and one reason only: to make money.

Are y'all forgetting that these clowns literally influence Trump's opinions and decisions?

The guy literally regurgitates the shit he sees on this show on Twitter and makes it part of his actual national policy platforms. (See: Fox and Friends attacking the Paris climate accords, and Trump regurgitating their rhetoric a day later when withdrawing from them)

You're saying we should be sticking our heads in the sand for nothing other than vapid concerns about "giving them attention". Newsflash: They already have Trump's attention, and ignoring them won't do shit, because one way or another, we'll be subjected to it anyways.

TaterTots

Banned
gettyimages-1910634.jpg

Fox: "monuments are not Republican, Democrat, independent — the monuments are a tribute to all of us”

oooo one of the better posts regarding this topic. Poweful image.

RPGCrazied

And this is the show Trump watches religiously. Not a good look, specially when this show is awful on a daily basis.

As bad as that comparison was, I find this part even more disturbing from our Interior Secretary:

“Well, I’m one that believes, you know, we should learn from history, and I think our monuments are part of our country’s history,” he said. “We can learn from it. Since we don’t put up statues of Jesus, everyone is gonna fall morally short, and I think reflecting on our history — both good and bad — is a powerful statement and part of our DNA.”

Oh boy...

Top Bottom