• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

François Fillon, french presidential candidate faces inquiry over payments to wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

azyless

I didnt knew Macron was popular on GAF. Dunno why though. That guy does seems a bit too much economically liberal and pro-companies/CEO to my tastes.
Because the only credible alternatives are Fillon and Le Pen and I'd kill for the chance to not have to vote for either of them.

From what I grasp from this Election Hamon vs Le Pen has more chances of Le Pen loosing than Le Pen vs Fillion
Hamon has no chance to be in the second round. And I doubt the people who vote Fillon would vote for Hamon lol.

Because the only credible alternatives are Fillon and Le Pen and I'd kill for the chance to not have to vote for either of them.

Hamon has no chance to be in the second round. And I doubt the people who vote Fillon would vote for Hamon lol.

If Fillon has to drop out Hamon has a clear shot at the second round

addik

Not sure how French primaries work, but in the case that Fillon does drop his candidacy, does this mean that Juppé will run for the LR?

Not sure how French primaries work, but in the case that Fillon does drop his candidacy, does this mean that Juppé will run for the LR?

I don't think there's a clear rule, if Fillon has to drop out the right wing might be going to shatter once again

G.O.O.

he said he wouldn't, and according to les républicains should the candidate drop out of the race there would be another primary election.

azyless

If Fillon has to drop out Hamon has a clear shot at the second round
In what world ? Fillon's voters would go towards either Macron or Le Pen (or whoever LR sends, since I imagine he would be replaced), they'd never vote Hamon.

Hoping for Hamon (and this might help), Melenchon aint going to survive the rounds sadly bar a miracle.
Mélenchon is well above of Hamon in every poll there's been though.

In what world ? Fillon's voters would go towards either Macron or Le Pen (or whoever LR sends, since I imagine he would be replaced), they'd never vote Hamon.

And we'd have a second round Macron/Hamon, this is totally feasible. Fillon votes aren't going Le Pen's way

Tugatrix

Mélenchon is well above of Hamon in every poll there's been though.

Actually the votes would come from Le Pen side, many people are leaning towards Le Pen because she's the one targeting the problems of the middle class(in economic terms), also Hamon is doing the same only that Hamon it's not a far right which is more appealing for those voters. Yeah I know how this sounds but people make odd choices

Which voters are gonna transfer to Hamon if Fillon drops out ?

All of the left votes that would have gone to Macron if he was to be the "only """""left""""" alternative to Fillion", Fillion gone creates emptiness, and the last one to profit from it would be Le Pen

azyless

Actually the votes would come from Le Pen side, many people are leaning towards Le Pen because she's the one targeting the problems of the middle class(in economic terms), also Hamon is doing the same only that Hamon it's not a far right which is more appealing for those voters. Yeah I know how this sounds but people make odd choices
I don't think Hamon would be more appealing to these voters at all and there's no reason they would magically change their minds if Fillon dropped out.

All of the left votes that would have gone to Macron if he was to be the "only """""left""""" alternative to Fillion", Fillion gone creates emptiness, and the last one to profit from it would be Le Pen
I think it's delusional tbh but okay.

he said he wouldn't, and according to les républicains should the candidate drop out of the race there would be another primary election.

"Did someone say 'another primary election'?"

NicolasSarkozyBigGrin.jpg

Alx

Oh shit, the country would burn if Sarko was to run for the right... After all the fuss that was made during the primaries to be sure we get rid of him !

G.O.O.

So Fillon, while trying to defend himself for paying his wife for a no-show job, said he also employed two of his children as lawyers when he was a senator.

Turns out they weren't lawyers yet at the time.

Jesus christ, François...

So Fillon, while trying to defend himself for paying his wife for a no-show job, said he also employed two of his children as lawyers when he was a senator.

I'm enjoying this way too much.

Edit: they all went on TV with a talking point about how "Fillon's hurt over this touched people".
Yeah, it touched me like Barbarin touched children.

Mac_Lane

That's a total campaign meltdown if I ever saw one. Can't wait to see the next opinion polls to see how big a hit he took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom