• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank Miller To Return For The Dark Knight IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you asking if he still has cancer (or some other serious illness)? If so, then it's tough to say. He looks a bit healthier in recent pictures.

Yeah, I'm curious if he's in remission now or if he just said fuck chemo to enjoy whatever time he has left.

Tears me up seeing people like that.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
can't wait for Batman to wreck the mysterious underground cult of killer cows known as Moo Slaym'rs

Daft_Cat

Yeah, I'm curious if he's in remission now or if he just said fuck chemo to enjoy whatever time he has left.

The dramatic spike in his productivity (as Bobby noted) presents a good case for the latter. No use speculating though. It's certainly possible that he's on the mend, and I hope he is.

The Dark Knight IV: And Some of Them, I Assume, are Good People

snDSrTY.gif

That post deserves a lot more love. Excellent fucking post.

That this announcement comes right after the paris bombings isn't a good sign.

The man did shit out Holy Terror, after all.

Just like the beloved cinema masterpiece, the comic masterpiece follows suit...

The fourth installment of the Killer Tomatoes trilogy.
220px-Tomatesfrance.jpg

I expect similar levels of quality.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Love it. You guys will all eat crow.

Didn't k ow he wasn't doing the 3rd, disappointed but still all good.

Bring them all to me!

Odds are higher that Robin will be eating crow.

norm9

Might be writing them in hopes that the title gets used in a future Batman movie and he gets some of that sweet change.

Yes yes yes. He is Batman. I would read anything Batman related by Miller. Fuck all you haters you can all go back to reading All new one more secret civil war covergance final crisis 2.0 reboot comics. This is for the big boys.

I'm totally ok with this.
Yeah, I want to see Frank Miller take this to the end, wherever and whenever that may be.
I want this madman to continue. I love curmudgeon Miller.

Yes yes yes. He is Batman. I would read anything Batman related by Miller. Fuck all you haters you can all go back to reading All new one more secret civil war covergance final crisis 2.0 reboot comics. This is for the big boys.

Love it. You guys will all eat crow.

Didn't k ow he wasn't doing the 3rd, disappointed but still all good.

Bring them all to me!

I'm totally ok with this.
Yeah, I want to see Frank Miller take this to the end, wherever and whenever that may be.
I want this madman to continue. I love curmudgeon Miller.

Thank god there's still people who love graphic novels.

Veelk

Banned
Other than year one, I never really liked his conception of Batman. It's essentially the most childish idea possible of what a badass is supposed to be. Sadistic, pointlessly violent, angry, condescending... with Dark Knight Returns, I'm willing to admit that the surrounding environment made it well written, but it's not something I'd ever want to be the norm for Batman. And with modern day Frank, he's no longer even got the excuse of having it be well written, so now it's just his batman is just disgusting splurge of the worst aspects of the 'grimdark' concept of Batman.

I don't understand how DC can really give him a job. I would think any name recognition he had now would be poisonous.

Sou Da

Other than year one, I never really liked his conception of Batman. It's essentially the most childish idea possible of what a badass is supposed to be. Sadistic, pointlessly violent, angry, condescending... with Dark Knight Returns, I'm willing to admit that the surrounding environment made it well written, but it's not something I'd ever want to be the norm for Batman. And with modern day Frank, he's no longer even got the excuse of having it be well written, so now it's just his batman is just disgusting splurge of the worst aspects of the 'grimdark' concept of Batman.

I don't understand how DC can really give him a job. I would think any name recognition he had now would be poisonous.

This has pretty much always been how Frank likes his "Man's man". His ideal woman is only slightly less worse.

Veelk

Banned
This has pretty much always been how Frank likes his "Man's man". His ideal woman is only slightly less worse.

idk, I felt he was slightly more nuanced in his Batman in Year One. Granted, it's been a while since I've read it, but it felt like Batman used his ruthlessness for genuinely practical purposes there, namely to instill fear into criminals, not because he enjoyed inflicting pain itself. In fact, one of the biggest focal points of that series is how unfortunate it was that he had to fight the police, and his mission was focused on saving individuals (Most obviously Jim's baby in the end, but even subtly by going out of his way to save a damn cat in the middle of a raid).

I don't really understand how Year One happened if Frank only ever wanted Batman to be a sadistic shithead.

The opposite.

(is nobody actually reading the thread?)

I don't think anyone actually reads comic threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom