• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frequency |OT| Save The Cop, Solve Some Murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

"Break, Break, Break" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
ONE STEP CLOSER - Raimy (Peyton List) and Satch's (Mekhi Phifer) detective work begins to pay off when a cold case victim leads them to their biggest break; a room where the Nightingale held his first victim. Riley Smith, Devin Kelley, Anthony Ruivivar, Daniel Bonjour and Lenny Jacobson also star. Tim Hunter directed the episode written by Linda Patel (#107). Original airdate 11/16/2016.

I'm an episode behind and am going to watch the most recent one now.

How she kept running into her 'boyfriend' made it seem like they were hinting at him as the killer. Then I realized he'd probably be too young in the alternate time period.

Joni

I'm an episode behind and am going to watch the most recent one now.

How she kept running into her 'boyfriend' made it seem like they were hinting at him as the killer. Then I realized he'd probably be too young in the alternate time period.
An eight year old serial killer would be innovative.

faridmon

I really liked it up to the last episode and I couldn't finish it. I wish they would stop these Family drama stopping and starting again and just show a damn progress once and for all.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I completely didn't notice that Raimy Sullivan is also Lisa Snart until I was perusing Peyton List's Wikipedia page.

Joni

I completely didn't notice that Raimy Sullivan is also Lisa Snart until I was perusing Peyton List's Wikipedia page.

It is the only reason I keep watching. The progress on the Nightingale is so slow and I don't care about their personal lives.

I really like the show, but a lot of things annoy me.

like her not wanting to change the timeline further by telling the mom, when they can theoretically change the timeline every time they talk. And he's deciding they have to kill him or something equally bad will happen, despite the fact that he originally stopped after 4 people until time was altered the first time. Or her still being in the parking lot with a gun after time was altered and the dude died or was captured in 96. Why would she go to that parking lot and pull the gun them?
just a lot of inconsistencies and too much unnecessary drama, which is a shame cause I really like it otherwise.

I really like the show, but a lot of things annoy me.

like her not wanting to change the timeline further by telling the mom, when they can theoretically change the timeline every time they talk. And he's deciding they have to kill him or something equally bad will happen, despite the fact that he originally stopped after 4 people until time was altered the first time. Or her still being in the parking lot with a gun after time was altered and the dude died or was captured in 96. Why would she go to that parking lot and pull the gun them?
just a lot of inconsistencies and too much unnecessary drama, which is a shame cause I really like it otherwise.

She's relatively immune and a little outside of the influence of the time alterations which is why she can still remember the original time line, she just eventually gains the new/different memories that go along with her original ones.

But yeah, the unnecessary manufactured drama is lame but TV/CW gonna TV/CW.

-Deimos

giphy.gif

Joni

Guys, this is just to ensure she is punished for killing the bad guy and making sure he stays out until at least episode 13.

Zomba13

Oh wow, didn't know there were more episodes. I had read earlier about it not getting a back 9 or something and I didn't know how many were in the season, only what was showing up on Netflix and it just had it stop at 10 (with it saying coming Jan whatever) but now I check the episode list on Netflix yeah, it is saying 13 now. I was just confused and thought it was only 10 episodes because of what Netflix was showing it as.

maxcriden

Likely not. Unless they worked with a season finale if they expected only to get 13 this year.

Pedowitz claimed both series (this and No Tomorrow) were intended to be miniseries. We know that can't possibly be true, but it does give me hope for a real(ish) ending.

Joni

Pedowitz claimed both series (this and No Tomorrow) were intended to be miniseries. We know that can't possibly be true, but it does give me hope for a real(ish) ending.
He also said he would think about the renewal post Netflix so it is setup as a potential multi year project.

maxcriden

He also said he would think about the renewal post Netflix so it is setup as a potential multi year project.

Yeah, true. Just trying to keep a smidgen of hope that it won't be even more frustrating finale than it has been a series....

Joni

The best thing that can happen is that they stop him, timeline is restored, parents are both alive but it ends with a new serial killer showing up.

maxcriden

The best thing that can happen is that they stop him, timeline is restored, parents are both alive but it ends with a new serial killer showing up.

Hm, yeah, that'd work for me. Especially if the killer is the douchey BF. He's never been to Queens. Plot twist. He has been to Queens!

mm04

Hm, yeah, that'd work for me. Especially if the killer is the douchey BF. He's never been to Queens. Plot twist. He has been to Queens!

I'd be down with this. I like the characters and quite honestly, I didn't think I'd like the show initially. Now that I'm invested, I need a fitting conclusion to this initial arc at least!

Another plot twist, she ends up with a younger sibling who turns out to be a killer and is plotting to remove "big sis" from ever existing in a universe destroying paradox!

If it isn't already obvious, I didn't think this through.

Ricker

Great episode and Finale,they closed most of it up and left us with a little hope of renewal,with that classic last shot,kinda like the hand of a killer/maniac coming out of the grave lol.

Loved this show,it was well acted,well directed,great cast and all,kudos to everyone involve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom