• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Damnit, I should read the threads shouldn't I...

It's just....it's just so long :(

You should instead not have weird paranoia and bile for a corporate entity like they were the neighbour that keeps shitting through your letterbox.

RAM drama... probably a downclock. Sucks.

dMIbAks.gif

VanWinkle

If you take the word drama and remove the d and the a, you have RAM. Then take the d and a and put it next to PS4

PS4 ad(d) RAM

So where did that other "d" come from? Ok, I haven't figured that part out yet.

You seem to be getting somewhere. Keep at it. Figure that last "d" out and we will see the full picture.

Most likely: Some random dev has stated that the ram in the PS4 is a waste and can't be utilised properly. Sony are responding to his.

Most likely drama: Sony are matching the RAM specs of the xbox one to save money.

Most likely boring: Production issues for RAM means there may be a delay or limited launch numbers.

Most likely arguments: The OS is reserving 2-3GB or indie games are restricted (due to the timing of MS's announcement in the other direction)

Most likely crazy: The PS4 will have no RAM, these services will be provided by Gaikai servers (to be launched TBA)

Alebrije

Eurogamer breaking news :

Lady Gaga new Sony CEO...!!!!

RAM DRA.....HU LALA

RAM DRA HU LALA....

DRAMA HU LALA ....

Was there ever a time when a company showed their console's specs and then changed it dramatically near launch?If not, Sony backtracking to 4 gig ram seems very unlikely.

If it does happen though, Microsoft would be so thrilled they aren't the ones getting all the shit for once. It wouldn't save them though, greedy bastards.
Sony

So this is what it takes to get a 900-post thread on Neogaf? A tweet from a random person implying there might be a story coming at some point about something related to a game console maybe?

Minigo

this is like waiting for a test result to see if you are sick, I can't wait any longer, get me Klepek, Mangod, someone!!!

salromano

Yeah... someone needs to clear stuff up (I know Verendus has said it's probably nothing, but another voice couldn't hurt) 'cause things are getting kind of ridiculous, lol.

Thuway also said he has no knowledge of a downgrade.

I actually have zero knowledge of any downgrade. I don't know where this is coming from but I would assume this is going to tow the line of being border line boring.

Drama?
D-Ram-a...
D Ram. DDR Ram.
NO GDDR RAM!
NOOOOOOO

Really wonder what it's going to be if Sony are having to prepare an actual statement for it.

Toki767

So this is what it takes to get a 900-post thread on Neogaf? A tweet from a random person implying there might be a story coming at some point about something related to a game console maybe?

Announcement of an announcement is all the rage in gaming. Apparently including games journalism.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
So... What does "chorrada" mean? I see a lot of discussion of the word, but no concrete definition.

In Spain, chorrada in this context means something that isn't important or serious, something minor.

He uses the word because he's answering a tweet from someone who used that word first, by the way.

edit: I've thought about it long and hard and I agree with those who have theorized that the OS taking up more than 1GB. The eurogamer story would be that the xbone has 5GB and the PS3 has almost the same amount, effectively narrowing the difference between the two.

Makes sense, right?

Satchel

Banned
Teh gaming division Reddit should've been all over this. I want the truth nao.

This will be nothing worth anyone melting down over.

But then that would depend on one's perspective. As i said earlier, even if by some act of god, this was a downgrade to 4GB of ram, it wouldn't change my mind on anything related to the console.

I'm still buying one regardless.

Finalizer

This will literally amount to nothing. If it is important, serve me up a plate of that crow stew, I doubt it though.

By this point, I'm more interested in seeing this story revealed less to see what it's actually about and more just to see which side of Gaf implodes after whatever this actually is hits.

Cbajd5

Jeez guys this is probably nothing.

OR MAYBE IT'S EVERYTHING

EVERYONE PANIC

or don't

it's not like we're all going to die from it unless they somehow made a mini-black hole during production and it's growing

oh god it's that isn't it

JP

I've read that the launch is being delayed after Cerny saw really knowledgable people on forums discussing the DDR5 RAM in the PlayStation 4 and he's just realised that nobody has bothered to invent any DDR5 RAM yet.

True story, I read that somewhere or I imagined it...I forget stuff sometimes!!!

Vestal

Gold Member
Man some of the vitriol on this thread is disgusting. Hoping for a downgrade wtf is this shit.

Debate on the info don't post shit like hoping for a freaking down grade. That kind of crap should be bannable, it adds nothing to the freaking discussion.

I am a big MS defender simply because I want both to succeed, and I like what I see in their console, but I would never ever hope for a downgrade on any console. Laugh about it if it happens sure, but never hope for it. Yeah I'm getting both so they both better only improve from now until release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom