• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fury vs Wilder 3 Date Set

Romulus

Here we go for the next 6 months listening to Wilder's excuses on why he lost. The funniest one I've heard is that Fury's team had people with laser pointers hitting Wilder's eyes right before punches to assist him. hahaha. Right, so they're invisible laser pointers right, and they go through the back of Wilder's head when his back is to them and don't affect Fury at all.

Can't take the loss.

Last edited:
Maybe he is like homer and has a natural brain helmet because holy shit to get up from those knockdowns.
cannonball-homer.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Here we go for the next 6 months listening to Wilder's excuses on why he lost. The funniest one I've heard is that Fury's team had people with laser pointers hitting Wilder's eyes right before punches to assist him. hahaha. Right, so they're invisible laser pointers right, and they go through the back of Wilder's head when his back is to them and don't affect Fury at all.

Can't take the loss.
Seriously?

Ballthyrm

What a fight that was...

Both fighters showed tremendous heart and a warrior spirit.

I think Deontay Wilder is a true warrior and stayed in the fight way longer than he should have and sometimes came out of the shadows with really inspiring stuff.
Fury's Cardio was insane as usual and it looks like he was getting better as the fight went on ! he was moving faster, making better decision, I have no idea how he does that.

Fury showed once again he is the best heavyweight in the world, He showed courage, listened well to his coach and adapted to his plan, and he never gave up.
I don't think there is any heavyweights that are good as these two were just then.

Sure we'll maybe get an unification fight but none of the other fighters showed what was just achieved in that ring.
Probably the best fight, I ever saw this year for sure.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What a fight that was...

Both fighters showed tremendous heart and a warrior spirit.

I think Deontay Wilder is a true warrior and stayed in the fight way longer than he should have and sometimes came out of the shadows with really inspiring stuff.
Fury's Cardio was insane as usual and it looks like he was getting better as the fight went on ! he was moving faster, making better decision, I have no idea how he does that.

Fury showed once against he is the best heavyweight in the world, He showed courage, listened well to his coach and adapted to his plan, and he never gave up.
I don't think there is any heavyweights that are good as these too were just then.

Sure we'll maybe get an unification fight but none of the other fighters showed what was just achieved in that ring.
Probably the best fight, I ever saw this year for sure.
I didnt see the first fight, but the second and third were similar in that Wilder cant get away from Fury doing his leaning and bearhugging thing where his giant ass 270 lb body drains energy from opponents who cant get away.

If Wilder tried a more stick and move plan, maybe they would work. But then again, his cardio loses steam fast compared to Fury, so that might not work either.

One thing that Wilder is predictable (and this is just from me watching his two Fury fights) is that he's got powerful punches, but predictable in that they seem to be from big swings he has room. In both fights, he has no inside game while Fury (tall gangly guy with giant wingspan) can still somehow punch in short hooks and uppercuts in tight quarters.

Wilder couldnt do that against Fury. I dont know if that's an overall thing with him, or just he couldnt do it against Fury.

GymWolf

Gold Member
That fight is going to be insane. They are both such talented boxers, it's really hard to call.

I'm really glad Fury is past Wilder now, but I can't deny they definitely produced some memorable bouts in their trilogy.
It's not gonna be easy for usyk, the different in size is even bigger than with joshua and fury is a much better boxer, i really don't see a path of victory for him...

I'm not even sure if usyk can even beat wilder since he can't lean on him like fury to drain his stamina.

Last edited:
Top Bottom