• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2014 - Voting Thread [voting closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadstar72

Neo Member
Any guesses at the top game just by glancing through the thread? Seeing a lot of Bayonetta 2 for sure.

Yeah Bayonetta 2 seems like it has it in the bag. Though Dark Souls 2 and Dragon Age might be surprises. Glad to see Wolfenstein do so well, think it might make the top 5. One of the games I wish I'd had the time to play last year.

I stopped tracking halfway through but it felt like the Bayonetta 2/Mario Kart 8/Super Smash Bros. Wii U/Tropical Freeze quartet only got stronger in the second half

well ok, maybe not Tropical Freeze (this is why it always gets "snubbed", everyone)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED.

Anything after this post will NOT be counted.

sVdUOQG.png

Shaanyboy's should be counted, his time reads 6:00AM.

randomkid

This will be the first time in six years that GAF and IGN don't have an identical GOTY. Really figured Dragon Age would take it to keep the pattern going but it looks like lower than expected participation this year might have led to a solid Bayo win instead of GAF going with the consensus major outlet choice like it usually does.

A LOT of games shifted around places in the last day or so, and even within the last hour. Including an "upset" for at least one category.

Shaanyboy's should be counted, his time reads 6:00AM.
The OP notes that the voting ended at :59. He missed by a minute. No extensions, no exceptions.

what I'm interested in is the point totals for the top games, I don't think it'll even pass Bioshock Infinite/GTA V from last year or Journey/The Walking Dead from the year before (The Last of Us numbers are obviously not happening)

...speaking of which, Bioshock and Journey both got exactly 1080 points

what I'm interested in is the point totals for the top games, I don't think it'll even pass Bioshock Infinite/GTA V from last year or Journey/The Walking Dead from the year before (The Last of Us numbers are obviously not happening)

...speaking of which, Bioshock and Journey both got exactly 1080 points

Not only will you get that data, you'll get it in a pretty graph.

Well... kinda pretty.

Tizoc

just by virtue of being able to reach more people and being generally a more accepted genre, dragon age should be the #1 game here.

Wouldn't be surprising especially when games you see get trashed on in GAF forums end up still being among the top 10 voted games.

It looks like Bayonetta 2 is a lock for goty here, it seemed liked almost everybody had on there list. disappointed in the lack of evil within votes here.

It looks like Bayonetta 2 is a lock for goty here, it seemed liked almost everybody had on there list. disappointed in the lack of evil within votes here.

It'll be up there. Was very close to the top spot on the lists it appeared on but I doubt enough people played it to overcome the sheer number of votes for Dragon Age.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I saw a lot of people voting for Dragon Age while mentioning they haven't finished it yet...I think the love for it might start to dwindle as people get burned out halfway through the game.

spekkeh

Banned
I saw a lot of people voting for Dragon Age while mentioning they haven't finished it yet...I think the love for it might start to dwindle as people get burned out halfway through the game.

Yeah or when you think back and notice you had almost no meaningful choice and none of the stuff you did mattered much.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not sell the bear skin before the fat lady sings etc. There's probably a million invalid ballots still around too

NEO0MJ

I do wonder though how many votes were disqualified for not following the correct format. I hope mine wasn't among them.

Tizoc

I do wonder though how many votes were disqualified for not following the correct format. I hope mine wasn't among them.

This is pretty much EVERY GAFfers worry; I may have actually entered it right, but I keep getting the feeling I did something wrong lol.

Corto

Thanks a bunch cheesemeister and timetokill for once again organizing this event. Can' wait for the cerimonial thread hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom