• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
If it's a chit-chat ting, better talk nice
Murda on the beat, so it's not nice

pyTEzxg.gif

More Life's growing on me. One of my favourites from this year so far.

Moonkid

Just popping by to say that I'm really digging the Pharcyde's first two albums. Otha Fish in particular is such a jam with bars on bars.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More Life by far has the most bangers out of any Drake album I think, it's like a much better IYRTITL, with Gyalchester, No Long Talk, and KMT. It also has the most tropical bbq music of any drake album with Blem and Passionfruit. Then it has Teenage Fever which is 100% classic emo Drake.

As a whole project, it's kind of ehh given the number of tracks/stinkers on there (also like IYRTITL). But it's probably got the most keepers that I come back to of any Drake album, and for that matter any album of the past few years.

More Life by far has the most bangers out of any Drake album I think, it's like a much better IYRTITL, with Gyalchester, No Long Talk, and KMT. It also has the most tropical bbq music of any drake album with Blem and Passionfruit. Then it has Teenage Fever which is 100% classic emo Drake.

As a whole project, it's kind of ehh given the number of tracks/stinkers on there (also like IYRTITL). But it's probably got the most keepers that I come back to of any Drake album, and for that matter any album of the past few years.
Eh yea I can agree with this NWTS still has a small hold on me because of connect and a few others

Koozek

No.
Everything drake has put out in the last two years has been forgettable garbage except hotline bling I guess
Yes.
Eh yea I can agree with this NWTS still has a small hold on me because of connect and a few others
No.

Tokubetsu

I'm falling for this Trippie Redd album. It's real good. Didn't expect to be on it this much after the first listen but I keep coming back to it.

imo he does something really well a lot of emo bands from the 00s did well which is even if you dont fully like a song, theres still probably a good 45-60 sec stretch of it thats just so wonderful you keep coming back to it

Moonkid

Labcab is bliss.
The first track wastes no time and goes straight to a gorgeous beat and smooth rapping, an apt song title if I've seen one :p. I'm liking it a lot - it's just a shame Runnin' isn't on Spotify :<
Debut is my third all time favorite rap album. No filler at all.
*Whew* that's high praise. I'd say I'm like 40% there in terms of really digging into the album and I already know it's going to be special revisiting this project five years down the line or so.

If you reading this it's too late was back to back bangers regardless if you liked the songs or not it is false to say More Life has more bangers lol. Did we listen to the same albums

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Just popping by to say that I'm really digging the Pharcyde's first two albums. Otha Fish in particular is such a jam with bars on bars.

A testament to how good they were is that not even bootie browns nails on chalkboard who let this five year old have the mic dear Lord I can feel my ears crying blood voice could ruin their songs.

I sas them live at rock the bells years ago. They were pretty great.

Moonkid

A testament to how good they were is that not even bootie browns nails on chalkboard who let this five year old have the mic dear Lord I can feel my ears crying blood voice could ruin their songs.

I sas them live at rock the bells years ago. They were pretty great.
Bootie Brown was actually my introduction to the group, from Dirty Harry, so I don't mind him at all - even juxtaposed with the more melodic counterpart MCs fatlip and slimkid. I wouldnt have anyone else open Passin me By >:)

I wish I could see an older hip hop group perform, seeing Digable live for example would make my forever.

CoolOff

In terms of total song plays from the album, More Life >>>>>>>>> Damn for me.

And that's just from like 5-6 tracks off of More Life.

01 Legendary Iron Hood (prod. by Exile)
02 (How Could Anybody) Feel At Home (prod. by Exile)
03 Hymnal Featuring Sammus (prod. by Andrew Broder)
04 No Selling (Uncle Butch Pretending It Don't Hurt) [prod. by Illingsworth]
05 Happy Wasteland Day (prod. by Caleb Stone)
06 Daydreaming In The Projects (prod. by Illingsworth)
07 Brick Body Complex (prod. by Lo-Phi)
08 TLDR (Smithing) (prod. by Elos)
09 Breezeway Ritual (prod. by Kenny Segal)
10 Wedding Ghosts (prod by. Toylight)
11 95 Radios (feat. Has-Lo) [prod. by Has-Lo]
12 My Auntie's Building prod. by DJ Nobody)

First single "95 Radios" out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom