• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears special teams returns kick. That will kill the clock even more with GB with the ball. Bears aren't putting Cutler or Forte back out and Marshall is hurt. I lose.

Omega

Banned
you'll be fine.

im probably going to lose the rest of my games. giovani bernard is like that guy from Spongebob who had super fragile bones. lamar miller is hurt now, fred jackson still hurt. im not even sure if i have a RB4 on my team.

mark manchez is my teams quarterback which means jeremy maclin isnt going to carry my team like he did the past two weeks

you'll be fine.

im probably going to lose the rest of my games. giovani bernard is like that guy from Spongebob who had super fragile bones. lamar miller is hurt now, fred jackson still hurt. im not even sure if i have a RB4 on my team.

mark manchez is my teams quarterback which means jeremy maclin isnt going to carry my team like he did the past two weeks

You'll be fine. Everyone's RB situation is like that, with all the injuries and such. I actually don't think there's more than like 2 teams with a legit RB1 and RB2 on their team. Plus none of your RB's should be out long.

Not to mention you'll likely only need one win to get into the playoffs
Gotta win 2 of final 3 or I'm done. 7-6 could get me in the playoffs. I only have one quality win on the year though against Chip's Ahoy. The other 4 are against the cellar.
Yeah your final 3 matches are looking pretty tense, with 2 coming against 6-3 teams. Better get the lucky rabbits foot out, but if I had to guess I'd say you get the last spot

Omega

Banned
You'll be fine. Everyone's RB situation is like that, with all the injuries and such. I actually don't think there's more than like 2 teams with a legit RB1 and RB2 on their team. Plus none of your RB's should be out long.

Not to mention you'll likely only need one win to get into the playoffs

Yeah your final 3 matches are looking pretty tense, with 2 coming against 6-3 teams. Better get the lucky rabbits foot out, but if I had to guess I'd say you get the last spot

im just really mad at myself and the decisions i've made, that are going to cost me

Had Demaryius, traded him for some weak ass rb who barely even plays.
Had Mike Evans, dropped him. #1 guy on his real life team now with 73.2 points in the last 4 games.

im just imagining a lineup of

Peyton
Demaryius
Evans
Maclin (Flex)
garbage rb #1
garbage rb #2
Gates
Vinatieri
Bills D

i could still be starting Bush and Spiller and I would probably win every match.

Jayhawk

Pissed off that I picked the wrong WR2 off waivers this week with both Keenan Allen and TY Hilton on a bye.

The 56.7 percent snap rate was Adams' lowest since Week 2, and a big surprise after he played 96 percent in Green Bay's previous game. Ordinarily a base-three receiver offense, the Packers attacked the Bears with two-tight end sets. Brandon Bostick and Andrew Quarless each scored a touchdown, while Adams was left out to dry, managing one catch for ten yards on two targets. With unpredictable usage, Adams can be viewed as no more than a WR4/flex going forward.

im just really mad at myself and the decisions i've made, that are going to cost me

Had Demaryius, traded him for some weak ass rb who barely even plays.
Had Mike Evans, dropped him. #1 guy on his real life team now with 73.2 points in the last 4 games.

im just imagining a lineup of

Peyton
Demaryius
Evans
Maclin (Flex)
garbage rb #1
garbage rb #2
Gates
Vinatieri
Bills D

i could still be starting Bush and Spiller and I would probably win every match.

Try trading Bernard for a WR1 or something then. I'm sure he still has some good value. Idk how the market is right now though. Hell I've had Cobb (The #7 WR in fantasy football) and Foster (The #4 RB in fantasy football) on the block for weeks now, and I literally haven't received one trade offer. The trade deadline is 4 days away also, so that option is closing fast.

Best not to look back on those past mistakes, either. They're toxic. Hell I remember virtually giving up on this season when AP had his whole child abuse thing go down. Just learn from your decisions and move on, because imagining what your lineup could have been does nothing to what your lineup is right now

Pissed off that I picked the wrong WR2 off waivers this week with both Keenan Allen and TY Hilton on a bye.
I had no idea who Adams even was, but once I saw his previous stats I was nervous as shit... And despite what Yahoo says, I'm still worried about tonight. I don't like having to depend on Sanchize to win, especially since I was making fun of his butt fumble not even 24 hours ago...

Edit: welp, ccbfan didn't help in the least :lol

ccbfan

I would like to apologize in advance to mark Sanchez and any who started Mark Sanchez.

I havent gotten an injury get this week so there a huge chance Sanchez will be injured tonight or play so bad he'll be benched.

DarkFlow

Banned
I would like to apologize in advance to mark Sanchez and any who started Mark Sanchez.

I havent gotten an injury get this week so there a huge chance Sanchez will be injured tonight or play so bad he'll be benched.

I'm starting him, but I already won my matchup before my last 3 guys have even played. So it's okay.

Omega

Banned
Maclin gave me 40 less points than I needed but I don't even care

we finally have a QB that isn't a complete scrub. thank you Manchez!

Omega

Banned
The Jet's thought that also at one point.

Jets had no talent on offense. Their best receiver was who, Braylon Edwards? lol

We're one of the top offenses in the league, and that was with Nick Foles at QB.

Sanchez has a bunch of weapons on this team. If the Monstars ever give McCoy his talent back, it'll be one more weapon, and a huge one at that.

DarkFlow

Banned
Jets had no talent on offense. Their best receiver was who, Braylon Edwards? lol

We're one of the top offenses in the league, and that was with Nick Foles at QB.

Sanchez has a bunch of weapons on this team. If the Monstars ever give McCoy his talent back, it'll be one more weapon, and a huge one at that.

Anyone is going to look good playing this Panthers team. The D is trash, and Cam is shit. They made Flacco look like Peyton Manning,

heeeeeey, with that Benjamin TD I'm somehow within a single point. I need a Panthers stop and more garbage time catches.

I have a chance! Keep playing Kelvin!

fuck :(

Well that sucks all you needed as a catch for like 5 yards.

Yeah and he dropped a wide open pass a few drives ago that would have easily been those points. I played against Sanchez tonight so if he wasn't still throwing garbage time TDs up 30 points that would have worked too.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah and he dropped a wide open pass a few drives ago that would have easily been those points. I played against Sanchez tonight so if he wasn't still throwing garbage time TDs up 30 points that would have worked too.

I had both Sanchez and Benjamin going for me, luckily both of them didn't matter for me at all.

I scored 170.28 this week, and won by 85 points. Weeee it's nice to win big after losing for the last 3 weeks because my players decided it was time to take a few weeks off.

Only one guy scored under his Projected total, and that was Demarco at "only" 16.10.

I had both Sanchez and Benjamin going for me, luckily both of them didn't matter for me at all.

I scored 170.28 this week, and won by 85 points. Weeee it's nice to win big after losing for the last 3 weeks because my players decided it was time to take a few weeks off.

Only one guy scored under his Projected total, and that was Demarco at "only" 16.10.

Those blowout wins are nice. The one week I got 155.08 my opponent had 151.46, so I couldn't even comfortably enjoy that. I think I used up all my good fortune early in the season.

At the last second this week I started Sanu over White, OBJ, and Watkins. Any of those WRs would have given me enough points to win. Bad move on my part. Though Dalton throwing passes into the first row didn't help.

Off Topic division (GJL3) is crazy tight:
Blahoholics 7-3
Turd Blossoms 6-4
Toronto Maple Leafs 6-4
ccbfan Team of ?? 5-5

and everyone basically plays each other to finish the season

DarkFlow

Banned
Those blowout wins are nice. The one week I got 155.08 my opponent had 151.46, so I couldn't even comfortably enjoy that. I think I used up all my good fortune early in the season.

At the last second this week I started Sanu over White, OBJ, and Watkins. Any of those WRs would have given me enough points to win. Bad move on my part. Though Dalton throwing passes into the first row didn't help.

Off Topic division (GJL3) is crazy tight:
Blahoholics 7-3
Turd Blossoms 6-4
Toronto Maple Leafs 6-4
ccbfan Team of ?? 5-5

and everyone basically plays each other to finish the season

Lol 2 is tight also, everyone is like 5 and 5 lol.

Vyer

Damn, I was sure McCoy was going to get enough to give me the loss. Close one. 4 straight though, but Hillman's injury and a little uncertainty with Rivers/Ben might be a problem for pushing toward the playoffs.

Crap, I play the GRONK this week... Dude is on fire, and short of his QB there literally aren't any weak spots on his team. I'm hoping Luck/Foster pull thru and get me the usual fistful of points, but idk if that'll be enough

Crap, I play the GRONK this week... Dude is on fire, and short of his QB there literally aren't any weak spots on his team. I'm hoping Luck/Foster pull thru and get me the usual fistful of points, but idk if that'll be enough

I've been pretty lucky with my matchups in the past few weeks and you having Luck + Foster + Cobb makes me uneasy... It's going to be a close week. Good luck!

ccbfan

Got extremely lucky last week.

1. One of my starters did not get injured in the first half.
2. I actually over performed.
3. Won by 1 point.
4. 1st time I ever had a receiver over perform.

Did have 20 points lost from bad ref calls though.

3. Won by 1 point.

Had to look at your team after reading that, and I was surprised as hell. You have a pretty solid team... I have absolutely no idea why you have 4 QB's on your team though

ccbfan

Had to look at your team after reading that, and I was surprised as hell. You have a pretty solid team... I have absolutely no idea why you have 4 QB's on your team though

Two of those qbs are getting dropped.

I missed on two of my waiver gets so I kept Foles. Had a wedding I went to that lasted from Thursday to Sunday so have no time to make any other moves.

Yeah I like my team a lot but a lot of bad luck with injuries and bad guessing choices with my wr2 between Crabtree and Wayne have prett much ruined my season. I have no clue how I missed every time with those two. It's like. 1/128 chance of happening. plus the injuries are early mid game so I stuck with starting an injured player.

Plus in game recaps I keep getting shit like if you played your opponents schedule you would be two games over 500

3. Won by 1 point.

:(

I had some really good fortune during my 7 game run, it's bound to even out in the end. It was an exciting finish with Benjamin getting that huge pointless TD.

Jamie OD

I don't really have much to talk about. But now it's crunch time and my next two games against Blair Walsh Project. and DeMarco Polo are absolutely vital to win if I want to make the playoffs. And judging from the standings I bet it's the same for them.

DarkFlow

Banned
I don't really have much to talk about. But now it's crunch time and my next two games against Blair Walsh Project. and DeMarco Polo are absolutely vital to win if I want to make the playoffs. And judging from the standings I bet it's the same for them.
Yep, and I plan on handing you another beat down! Luckily if there's a tie I hold the tie breakers with most points and head to head wins.

Uh guys...I won. Mo Honey went back .3 points(no idea how or whom...????). I'm now 6-4 and have a crucial tie breaker over Mo Honey should we end up tied alone.

How are the tiebreakers working again? Official Yahoo rankings or some mish mash of head to head, division, points?

Uh guys...I won. Mo Honey went back .3 points(no idea how or whom...????). I'm now 6-4 and have a crucial tie breaker over Mo Honey should we end up tied alone.

How are the tiebreakers working again? Official Yahoo rankings or some mish mash of head to head, division, points?
I think it's Points For first, and then division and H2H. For example: GRONK is ahead of me in rank, we're both tied at 7-3, he has more points for, and I beat him in week 2. Not sure what our division records are, but that is at least enough to say points are most important

Omega

Banned
division record comes first. i would have been first place in Gaming last week if it went by points. points is the tiebreaker.

head to head means nothing for some reason. Ayahuasca Shamans beat me but i'm still seeded higher than him.

sangreal

so annoyed. I had CJ Anderson in every league including this one and dropped him because they went with Hillman. Now he is starting and Foster is hurt again, smh

division record comes first. i would have been first place in Gaming last week if it went by points. points is the tiebreaker.

head to head means nothing for some reason. Ayahuasca Shamans beat me but i'm still seeded higher than him.

You, Jayhawk, and ErasureAcer have the same overall record, but Jayhawk (strawhat) is the lowest ranked of the 3 of y'all. He has a better Division record than both of you (5-1 vs your 4-2), but a lower Points For (990 vs. the 1000+ from y'all). Division record doesn't outrank Points for

Omega

Banned
You, Jayhawk, and ErasureAcer have the same overall record, but Jayhawk (strawhat) is the lowest ranked of the 3 of y'all. He has a better Division record than both of you (5-1 vs your 4-2), but a lower Points For (990 vs. the 1000+ from y'all). Division record doesn't outrank Points for

didn't even notice him.

but then why wasn't i second place last week? i think i had the lowest scoring output last week and I still have a 100 points more than anyone else in my division and we were all 6-3

didn't even notice him.

but then why wasn't i second place last week? i think i had the lowest scoring output last week and I still have a 100 points more than anyone else in my division and we were all 6-3

Seems like there are different rules for Divisional winners

Division Leader Tiebreakers
If two or more teams tie for the lead in a division, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the division winner.
  • Division winning percentage.
  • Total fantasy points (season total).
  • Fantasy points scored in last week's matchup.
  • Fantasy points scored in the matchup two weeks prior.
  • The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-football/SLN6607.html?impressions=true

Seems like Division record determines who's at the top, but after that it's just based on Wild Card Tiebreakers

If two or more teams tie for a wild-card (non-division leading) position, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the standings

• Total fantasy points (season total).
  • Fantasy points scored in last week's matchup.
  • Fantasy points scored in the matchup two weeks prior.
  • The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.

Thinking of riding this game out without a defense since I'm up 112.5-24.32 with opponent only having Gronk and Lacy as presumable big hitters left. I have less than 5 minutes to decide to drop Jordan Matthews for Steelers D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom