• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developer Choice Awards (GDC) nominees announced

tuxfool

Banned
I actually recently heard an interview with Feargus Urquhart from Obsidian on the game informer podcast and from a technical perspective he seemed pretty positive about Bethesda toolset and also had the opinion that one of the reasons they keep it going is because not only is it great for them since they know it so well but also because they want to keep modding open to as many of their fans as possible.

I heard no such thing. I heard a developer being diplomatic and evenhanded to all the engines they have to work with. He isn't in a position to embarrass other developers on their technology.

redcrayon

They're still eligible for other categories, like Her Story appears in several other categories, but the award exists to highlight portable gaming that might not otherwise get recognized without going down to the platform level.

Independent game award categories were really common before they started getting game of the year nominations.
Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

K.Sabot

RIP Guilty Gear for best visual art.

lost in the void of last December / last year's nominations and never remembered again.

KKRT00

Nominations in other categories are debatable, but this?

Best Technology:

Splatoon (Nintendo EAD Group No. 2 / Nintendo),
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo EAD Group No. 4 / Nintendo),

WHAT?! How can objectively justify putting those game in Best Technology category?

Fallout 4 (PS4)

23922574640_9736c2db78_o.png

The Witcher 3 (PS4)

hW2FZES.jpg

Assassins Creed Syndicate (Xbox One)

acsyndicate4shkwp.png

Until Dawn (PS4)

untildawn_20151103223qqs8k.png

And then of course there is the Order.

to5zbpy5.png

Best Technology seems like a hard award to give.

Top Bottom