• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Hidetaka Miyazaki Interview: Sekiro is a turning point, hope to hone the mechanic even more

Their biggest and most fatal mistake was allowing Activision to own the IP (Sekiro). Now they can't do shit with it.

Doesn't really matter. It was the combat system people loved. The characters and all that were great but you bring that same system (or improved) to a new IP and people will love it just the same. Plus Fromsoft has already proven they don't need IPs their gameplay is what people love. Which makes sense because almost all their games have very hard to follow stories so most people don't get attached to the IP just the gameplay fromsoft is bringing to the table.

SaintALia

Oh hey, maybe they can add more than one fucking weapon, and not patch one of the few moves outside of your sword that were good and effective.

I have quite a bit of other niggles with the game, but man, I really want to see another one or another game built on it's back. There were some Sekiro-likes in the indie scene, but I wasn't a big fan of them. Sekiro was more than just it's boss fights and combat.

Lies of P parry and whole combat is not even a regression, it's basically a whole time travel back to the universe origins compared to Sekiro... It just lacks so much that I only thought of comparing both when some were doing so at release.
Well I strongly disagree.

Personally I think sekiro is the most overrated combat system last generation.

Top Bottom