• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameBlog Rumor] - Developers disclosing problems with Xbox One drivers [Updated]

Brannon

I'm pretty sure they're not going to go all Harrison Bergeron on us with the games. That would just be uncouth in my fact.

Chobel

Isn't the whole point of a rumour to wait upon clarification of some sort so that you can actually make some sort of informed decision?

We won't have clarification if we don't rage. I know it's stupid, but that's how real world works, we need to make this bigger than it should be.

Skeff

I have absolutely no idea. Depends on the problem I guess? Maybe some kind of memory leak can easier be fixed than something more general.

The counter point is of course, the Sony driver will not remain constant, it wil also be improving.

I am super p!$$£d off. I was a ps3 gamer and we suffered a lot. Cause sony made mistakes. The xbox version of every game ran better. PS gamer paid a huge price for sticking to it. And now our time for reward they wanna punish us? i seriously wanna cry here.

THIS IS UNFAIR. WE ARE PAYING MONEY FOR THIS GAMES. I WISH WE CAN VOTE WITH OUR WALLET AND STICK TO INDIE AND F2P GAMES AND SONY 1ST PARTY

AND THEY SAY COMPETITION IS GOOD? COMPETITION MY A$$

But you can vote with your wallet. Just don't buy the game in question if its pisses you off so much.

It's a shame that they still have driver issues this close to launch, but because it is only an issue with the driver, that does mean it could be corrected later on, right? I'm also taking the article to mean that some issue with the driver is effectively preventing 1080p/60fps, so if that issue is fixed, could it mean that more games could reach that?

At least, that's what I would hope.

If this is true then it's pretty disappointing developers would gimp a version to match the other. I don't think that has happened this gen, why would it start next gen?

please help to me for understanding. they people says blame Microsoft fer everything even specusations and Rage because he said PS4 downlevel games because Microsoft? is this legit correction?

You got it. At least that's how I understand it.

Some more facts that I now know.

Random Speculations + Internet = RAGE
MS killed Dreamcast and 3DO am confirmed
There will be no games for X1 am confirmed
MS hates gamers am confirmed

Agreed. Looks like it's going to be up to Sony's first party team to really make the PS4 shine this generation.

So nothing new. Sony's first party teams were the only ones to showcase what the PS3 was really capable of.

Again, I don't believe it's true. It didn't happen this gen, why would it suddenly be a big 'political' issue next gen?

Chobel

I have absolutely no idea. Depends on the problem I guess? Maybe some kind of memory leak can easier be fixed than something more general.

Because if multipat looks identical while Xbox one is still having driver problems, then that means only one thing: PS4 version were gimped.

IRQ

Banned
If MS rushed the Xbox just to be out with the PS4 then they deserve to be left out by lots of gamers. I mean seriously, Is there any brain out there who can see that this isn't a finished product??
10 years of waiting and this is what we get. Gonna buy it thou but it really hurts me as a gamer. I mean maybe in 2-3 years from now the tablet will exceed both ps4 and x1. Crap

FlyFaster

this is fucking stupid if all these rumors are true -- Why would PS4 versions of games be drug down to xbone levels?

I spent this entire gen reading, hearing, and playing games on PS3 while the 360 versions were "better" even if only slightly.

If this turns out to be true and PS4 versions get gimmped for whatever reason I see this as the beginning of the end for console games.

Meh they won't change. Its a business decision. Make multiplatform games comparable so that you don't waste money trying really hard to optimize for one console. An drastically different game on one console versus another won't move more units for you so why bother. Make them comparable and move on.

BUT NO need to downgrade ps4. They can go spend money or improving xbox 1. But do no harm the innocent (ps4)

Hahaha, thread of the year. I love the uproar in here, so much anger!
3171904_orig.jpg

But seriously, people expected multiplats to be crushingly good on one platform over the other? Really? What would be the dev's incentive to NOT do that?

WTF if true. I have been worried about this since the original article suggesting shit like this is possible. So now PS4 version will be gimped just to please MS. Thats just BS!

gioGAF

This should come as no surprise to anyone. MS has been forcing parity since they gained enough market share with the 360 to do so. It has been made clear many times to developers/publishers that they can only sell a game on xbox if it is equal to or better than what is offered on rival consoles (content or performance wise). This mandate does thankfully exclude the PC version.

There is no money hat for this either. The loss of profits from selling their product on the xbox/xbone is more than enough motivation to do just what MS requests. As long as MS holds a prominent position in gaming, this will be true. Hopefully PS4 will outpace xbone considerably so this won't be a problem. Sony doesn't do this specific kind of garbage.

Harlock

If they are downgrading the PS4 version, are making a case for people go PC and not consoles.

I hope this type of information leaks to force the publisher to not downgrade one console because problems with the other.

Jezbollah

3171904_orig.jpg

But seriously, people expected multiplats to be crushingly good on one platform over the other? Really? What would be the dev's incentive to NOT do that?

"Crushingly" - no. But we have seen technical differences between multi-platform games. Is 1080p/60 vs 900p/60 as different as the Madden that was released that was 60fps on 360 and 30fps on PS3?

I think it's up to the publishers to make the games as good for each platform as they can - and if MS' versions dont provide the experience compared to other platforms, the emphasis should be put on MS to improve their driver support, or whatever else may be wrong with their SDK.

My main next gen console is gonna be PS4, if publishers choose to downgrade the PS4 versions because of Xbox driver issue I will simply not give my money to them but instead buy them secondhand.

Pug

Another classic GAF thread coming up no doubts, based on rumours, speculation and complete and utter bollocks.

I do not think ps4 versions will be downgraded perse. just that the version that is done on PC and then ported to consoles will be cartering to XBO specs. And there will be no need to upgrade ps4 version from there. Ofcourse if they have version running on ps4 allrady that they downgrade due to this. Fuck them.

I am super p!$$£d off. I was a ps3 gamer and we suffered a lot. Cause sony made mistakes. The xbox version of every game ran better. PS gamer paid a huge price for sticking to it. And now our time for reward they wanna punish us? i seriously wanna cry here.

THIS IS UNFAIR. WE ARE PAYING MONEY FOR THIS GAMES. I WISH WE CAN VOTE WITH OUR WALLET AND STICK TO INDIE AND F2P GAMES AND SONY 1ST PARTY

AND THEY SAY COMPETITION IS GOOD? COMPETITION MY A$$

Lol, step away from the ledge. Everything will be ok, your toy is not broken!

Key word in the OP is 'Might'. Might = could be. In other words, unconfirmed. Besides the only way MS will have the power to pull this off is if the One sells like gangbusters, and something tells me it won't. Well at least compared to the ps4 world wide, and yes, in NA too.

Pardon my ignorance but wouldn't the politics that would force parity (PS4 downgrades) be from publisher mandates and not decisions made by developers?

Just seems like a lot of anger in this thread is misguided towards devs about the possibility of this.

http://www.movieparliament.com/uploads/4/6/6/0/4660014/3171904_orig.jpg[/IMG

But seriously, people expected multiplats to be crushingly good on one platform over the other? Really? What would be the dev's incentive to NOT do that?[/QUOTE]
Tell that to bayonetta ps3. As far as I know, one of the more obvious differences in multiplatform game this gen

Wynnebeck

Banned
So nothing new. Sony's first party teams were the only ones to showcase what the PS3 was really capable of.

Again, I don't believe it's true. It didn't happen this gen, why would it suddenly be a big 'political' issue next gen?

MS stands to lose more than Sony by not having games look on par with PS4. Having multiplats as well as exclusives look objectively better on one platform over the other looks horrible. I'm not saying the rumor is true as it is just speculation at this point, however, we've already her from developers outside of this story who were saying the same thing about studios making sure that both versions look on par to avoid any politics.

So another generation of Sony's machine suffering due to limitations out of its control?

That's what I gathered from OP so correct me if wrong.

Please let me be wrong.

Nafai1123

Banned
They will make the game to the LCD and work from there. Its easier to work up than down.

That's not what this implies though. This rumor implies they would intentionally downgrade the PS4 version of games in development to match the XB1. Eg. Maybe Watch_Dogs is currently running in 1080p @ 30fps on PS4, but they lower the resolution for parity.

Top Bottom