• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

sora87

Ian sitting on that chair like a cursed king at the end there.
Cursed but with fabulous hair still.
Mischievous hair one might say.
Hair ghosts can only dream of.

Auctopus

Just in case people hadn't seen MU's Twitter pic...

xeeiTIHX.jpg

Drencrom

Mandatory Update in 2016 will be all about Ian trying to cope with the fact tha Elyse isn't coming back and his descent into madness until he just sits quiet the whole show with a thousand yard sta-

Oh...

ManUps has actually got better since Elyse's departure. I just can't believe it.

On the GOTY discussion I would have struggled to choose between The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne like Huber too. When I was playing The Witcher I was in no doubt that there would not be a game better.
Then toward the end of the year, when I finally got a PS4 and Bloodborne I became certain that Bloodborne was the best thing ever. At the end of the year I think I would have just about picked Bloodborne as my GOTY.

But yesterday I loaded up The Witcher again, to delve into the DLC, and I was completely absorbed by it all. Just hearing the music threw me back to those months of ridiculous fun I had riding around on Roach. It is such a phenomenal game.

I have to say The Witcher 3 is my Game of the Year.

You suck, Gametrailers!

Hasney

I went back to Witcher 3 after smashing out the Life is Strange platinum. Had a bit of a break as I was getting slightly burnt out with how much I had to do still...

Apparently I'm now up to 180 hours and only just made it to Skellige. Jesus. I thought Fallout 4 was mine, but then I started doing this kingmaker stuff on the islands and it may pip it now. Gonna leave it until the last minute on that GAF GOTY thread in case I finish it.

I went back to Witcher 3 after smashing out the Life is Strange platinum. Had a bit of a break as I was getting slightly burnt out with how much I had to do still...

Apparently I'm now up to 180 hours and only just made it to Skellige. Jesus. I thought Fallout 4 was mine, but then I started doing this kingmaker stuff on the islands and it may pip it now. Gonna leave it until the last minute on that GAF GOTY thread in case I finish it.

Do you play on PS4 ? Those times are fucked.

Ah, makes more sense. Wouldn't be shocked if I dumped 120 hours in already though as that always seems to be my burn out point of playing it straight with Dragon Age Inquisition and Fallout 4.

I was burnt out with DA:I at the 50h mark and quickly rushed through it and I was at 55h at the end. TW3 I took like 60h and for Fallout 4 I am at 80h and I am not done. The time could be fauly too, it seems too damn high for F4.

Hasney

I was burnt out with DA:I at the 50h mark and quickly rushed through it and I was at 55h at the end. TW3 I took like 60h and for Fallout 4 I am at 80h and I am not done. The time could be fauly too, it seems too damn high for F4.

Yeah, FO4 does a similar thing where the time buggers if you suspend without hitting options to pause.

What?
No. Nonono. Ian and Elyse are gold together, I don't seen anything beating that. That's why I like that Ian is doing something different instead of just trying to get a replacement.

Pretty much how I see it.

I kind of got over Elyse, but that's because I don't see her at all anymore (never followed her on Twitter, don't watch her new stuff). But going back and watching old MU episodes or stuff like Don's Design Lab shows how much of an asset she was and does make me miss her contribution.

I do like the new format and intro, as I've said countless times, but I hope Ian can expand on it with more "musical guests" and perhaps some real guests once in a while (I loved the Nights episode with Alex Preston).

Original content not relevant. I'm looking forward to seeing more discussion about the discussion behind the GOTYs this Wednesday on GT Live.

Rosur

What?
No. Nonono. Ian and Elyse are gold together, I don't seen anything beating that. That's why I like that Ian is doing something different instead of just trying to get a replacement.

Yea they would good together but yea surprised how well Ian on his own is doing.

When we getting more Super Mario RPG playthrough?

Auctopus

Kyle just suggested on screen that there's some sort of live-stream discussion on Wednesday where they're discussing why Witcher 3 didn't win GOTY.

Pretty disappointed, I hope it's more on the process than the reason. You shouldn't have to explain post-awards why it won, sort of takes away the impact. The GOTY award video should've done the explaining for the award.

It's like those weird "Why this game got */10" videos by Gamespot.

NuttSack

This week's schedule on Twitch
Monday, January 4
1PM PT - DUMB GAME MONDAY
G-Force

6PM PT - AMPLITUDE MULTIPLAYER
GT Crew

Tuesday, January 5

10:30 PM PT - DISNEY INFINITY 3.0 - THE FORCE AWAKENS PLAYSET
(THE EPIC CONCLUSION)
Brandon Jones

6PM PT - GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS
Mike Huber

Wednesday, January 6
6PM PT - GT LIVE
BEST OF 2015 DEBRIEFING
How did GT's GOTYs go down? We explain our process while doing our best to remain civil.

Thursday, January 7
6PM PT - RESIDENT EVIL 5
LOST IN NIGHTMARES DLC
Brad Ellis & Mike Huber

Friday, January 8
6PT PT - SPY HUNTER: NOWHERE TO RUN
Kyle Bosman

8PM PT - ONE NIGHT ONLY!
MICHAEL HUBER PERFORMS
VIDEO GAME CLASSICS
FOR YOU
ON CLARINET
(WITHOUT ACCOMPANIMENT)

PSA : Bring your 3D glasses next week for Dumb Game Monday as Bosman finalizes (maybe) G-Force.

I'm sad the concert isn't tonight. Basically any night other than Friday would've been easier for me to watch it and I want to be in chat for it. Going to have to find some 3D glasses for next week though.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
Kyle just suggested on screen that there's some sort of live-stream discussion on Wednesday where they're discussing why Witcher 3 didn't win GOTY.

Pretty disappointed, I hope it's more on the process than the reason. You shouldn't have to explain post-awards why it won, sort of takes away the impact. The GOTY award video should've done the explaining for the award.

It's like those weird "Why this game got */10" videos by Gamespot.

It's definitely not what you're afraid of. I was making a reference to commenters asking "How many people who voted for Bloodborne played The Witcher?"

Auctopus

It's definitely not what you're afraid of. I was making a reference to commenters asking "How many people who voted for Bloodborne played The Witcher?"

Ah, okay. Never mind, I only made it for the last 15 minutes of the stream! I'll have to tune in Thursday evening due to UK times, sadly!

Burt

Huber clarinet stream is go for this friday

carlton.gif

Since we're talking about GOTY voting stuff, I just have to say that the lack of GT content over the last week or so had me listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY podcasts, and it's kind of stunning to me how few of them actually finished (or even put in a reasonably substantial amount of time with) GOTY candidates. None of them had finished the Witcher, I think one finished Bloodborne, one had like 6 hours in Xenoblade, no one got through Life is Strange, etc. 5 podcasts at 3-4 hours each and outside of short stuff like Contradiction and Her Story, the only thing that I can recall it sounding like most of them finished was MGSV.

So, long winded way of saying: props to the GT crew, because it seemed like a lot of them were crunching towards the end to get the big games done in time to contribute to the year-end conversation.

carlton.gif

Since we're talking about GOTY voting stuff, I just have to say that the lack of GT content over the last week or so had me listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY podcasts, and it's kind of stunning to me how few of them actually finished (or even put in a reasonably substantial amount of time with) GOTY candidates. None of them had finished the Witcher, I think one finished Bloodborne, one had like 6 hours in Xenoblade, don't think any of them played Starcraft at all, etc. 5 podcasts at 3-4 hours each and outside of short stuff like Contradiction and Her Story, the only thing that I can recall it sounding like most of them finished was MGSV.

So, long winded way of saying: props to the GT crew, because it seemed like a lot of them were crunching towards the end to get the big games done in time to contribute to the year-end conversation.

Giantbomb's just a weird videogame site. They've set themselves up almost entirely around the personality stuff and have built such a large and loyal fanbase that they just play whatever the hell they want and maybe write a couple of reviews a year if they feel like it. Somehow it works for them.

Oh and while I haven't even finished their GOTY shows (they're a bit of a long slog at times), it's pretty obvious Brad finished Starcraft. He talks about its dumb story at length in one and mentions it a couple of times in others.

Burt

Giantbomb's just a weird videogame site. They've set themselves up almost entirely around the personality stuff and have built such a large and loyal fanbase that they just play whatever the hell they want and maybe write a couple of reviews a year if they feel like it. Somehow it works for them.

Oh and while I haven't even finished their GOTY shows (they're a bit of a long slog at times), it's pretty obvious Brad finished Starcraft. He talks about its dumb story at length in one and mentions it a couple of times in others.

Ha yeah my bad, I edited that out. Forgot about him talking about how it wrapped up and playing that one cutscene.

UrbanRats

In my GOTY list, i couldn't even get to 10 games, because i didn't have time to play more.
In 2014 i didn't even bother voting, because i couldn't even get to 5, lol.

Granted i'm not a videogame website, and it isn't my job, but i can understand that a little bit.

Also this year has to do with the fact that games like Witcher 3 took me 4000 hours to beat.

Drencrom

That's good to hear. Really interested to hear an discussion on the whole Bloodborne and The Witcher split in the GT office.

carlton.gif

Since we're talking about GOTY voting stuff, I just have to say that the lack of GT content over the last week or so had me listening to the Giant Bomb GOTY podcasts, and it's kind of stunning to me how few of them actually finished (or even put in a reasonably substantial amount of time with) GOTY candidates. None of them had finished the Witcher, I think one finished Bloodborne, one had like 6 hours in Xenoblade, no one got through Life is Strange, etc. 5 podcasts at 3-4 hours each and outside of short stuff like Contradiction and Her Story, the only thing that I can recall it sounding like most of them finished was MGSV.

What?!

I'm still trying to catch up with everything they've put out recently. I thought they did excellent in terms of output during Christmas.

tok9

Didn't they stream over 10 hours worth of content last week in Resident Evil 5 and GTA etc?

Ridiculous amount of stuff considering the size of the team.

Haunted

whhyyyy are they not diligently uploading their twitch streams to youtube?

twitch is so garbage for watching archives, not to mention the extremely limited availability

I'm enjoying the stuff that is there on Youtube, but they're referencing so many playthroughs I can't watch anymore. :mad:

whhyyyy are they not diligently uploading their twitch streams to youtube?

twitch is so garbage for watching archives, not to mention the extremely limited availability

I'm enjoying the stuff that is there on Youtube, but they're referencing so many playthroughs I can't watch anymore. :mad:

Apparently the export from Twitch to Youtube is garbage and can cause issues that may require another export (wasting more time).

But yeah, I read about all these streams and whatnot, but I never get to watch them, because they're not on YouTube. I've never seen a single episode of "Dumb Game Monday", because I can't be bothered with Twitch, their player and their archive trash. I thought that these episodes in particular would have their own spot on YouTube, much like the full game playthroughs.

luchadork

i dont get it. cant they just capture their stream locally? i love GT but i swear sometimes it seems like their crew of 8 does the equivalent "workload" of a single person lol.

just check out someone like spencerfc https://www.youtube.com/user/officialfifaplaya
he puts out a around a 10 minute edited video pretty much every day consistently. over christmas he was putting out two. plus he streams for hours on twitch. and does a weekly hour long podcast. and has a second channel for vlogging with his gf which has a new video at least once a week. and he contributes to copa90. and has his own clothing line. and half an hour tv show. plus his content isnt just him playing fifa, it involves him going to soccer games, collaborating with other youtubers, travelling overseas, interviewing players, going to developers.

meanwhile, kyle plays gforce for an hour and cant even upload it to youtube.

Karu

i dont get it. cant they just capture their stream locally? i love GT but i swear sometimes it seems like their crew of 8 does the equivalent "workload" of a single person lol.

just check out someone like spencerfc https://www.youtube.com/user/officialfifaplaya
he puts out a around a 10 minute edited video pretty much every day consistently. over christmas he was putting out two. plus he streams for hours on twitch. and does a weekly hour long podcast. and has a second channel for vlogging with his gf which has a new video at least once a week. and he contributes to copa90. and has his own clothing line. and half an hour tv show. plus his content isnt just him playing fifa, it involves him going to soccer games, collaborating with other youtubers, travelling overseas, interviewing players, going to developers.

meanwhile, kyle plays gforce for an hour and cant even upload it to youtube.
This is just a wild guess, but... self-employed vs. being employed? is maybe the difference there? He can handle funds/his time/coordinate on a whole nother scale, because he's in charge of everything.

luchadork

Bloody hell, reeks of entitlement in here.

Sorry if it comes across as that. I get it. I'm really just coming from a place where i want these guys to get the success their talent deserves. I want them to be fucking rich, and get millions of views, and be the best that they can be, and in the words of dr dre, to fuck bad bitches for all the nights they never had bad bitches. I just don't want them to disappear. I know they're moving in the right direction. But i still reckon they can fucking grind more and put more effort in. I want them to crush it. Not for me, for them.

Top Bottom