• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

derFeef

I bought a bike and it is ruining my podcast consumption. I can't keep up anymore. I haven't even finished last weeks bombcast.
Should I sell it again and keep driving to work?

Shouldn't it give you more time to listen to podcasts? :)
just make sure to have one free ear, or non sound canceling earbuds/headphones.

oti

Banned
The Mario lore discussion is vintage Giant Bomb and I love it.

But DAN, how can you not know about the Japanese mobile market. You WORK IN THIS INDUSTRY HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS WAAAAHHAHHRGH.

SomberOwl

I bought a bike and it is ruining my podcast consumption. I can't keep up anymore. I haven't even finished last weeks bombcast.
Should I sell it again and keep driving to work?

Headphones... I used to do most of my podcast listening on 2+ hour bike rides. Unless your doing like inner city biking to work or something and need to hear your surroundings or something similar.

But yeah just get some earphones.

Zaph

Do we know what Jeff is in NYC for? Review event or just sorting out Dan's move?

The trailer for Danny's first noclip doc is up, and it looks great! I'm excited to watch it, and still super happy for Danny.

The trailer does look good, but it didn't do a lot to easy my fears his interviews will basically be 30 minutes of "how great is this game?!". This isn't a dig at Danny, but the industry itself - it's very difficult to get any major developer to open up honestly about their games - especially recent/supported ones.

Anyway, will reserve judgement until the doc is out. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong because I want to keep supporting his Patreon.

The trailer does look good, but it didn't do a lot to easy my fears his interviews will basically be 30 minutes of "how great is this game?!". This isn't a dig at Danny, but the industry itself - it's very difficult to get any major developer to open up honestly about their games - especially recent/supported ones.

Anyway, will reserve judgement until the doc is out. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong because I want to keep supporting his Patreon.
I think that's a totally reasonable concern, and I could see it being the case. I wouldn't necessarily consider this first doc representative, though.
That editing where different people say Supersonic Rocket Powered Battle Cars was really clever.
I thought so too!

Danny just tweeted that Rocket League is getting a NoClip flag. He's really made it!

That's rad.

CvyLNMJVMAA76vM.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Headphones... I used to do most of my podcast listening on 2+ hour bike rides. Unless your doing like inner city biking to work or something and need to hear your surroundings or something similar.

But yeah just get some earphones.

Yeah, that's the problem. Just don't like biking with headphones since that one time a truck passed me by that I didn't hear coming.

I think the solution is to just play way more Civ VI

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

The thing with Rocket League is that it hasn't been a success for a long long time. It's just that it had a happy ending after all these years. That's probably the only way, outside of indies, to tell a story that includes failure in this industry. And also why it's such a good subject to choose.

edit: I didn't expect the studio to push the documentary so much. They are blasting it out to all their hundreds of thousands of followers on social media. Danny is a smart man.

Maiorum

I fucking hate the names of Kingdom Hearts games so much. Like, irrational anger.

Did you know that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will include Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep- A Fragmentary Passage and a HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance?

Top Bottom