• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.. Drew and Dan are playing Final Fantasy X now??

風が 寄せた 言葉に
泳いだ 心
雲が 運ぶ 明日に
弾んだ 声
月が 揺れる 鏡に
震えた 心
星が 流れ こぼれた
柔らかい 涙

Best song in game

What happened? I don't find them interesting without Vinny so I have skipped the latest ones.

some would argue that nothing happened. I'd argue that it's just becoming the modern day Farmville series, where it was kinda of a good idea for a minute there but it doesn't work anywhere.

I don't know if it's because Vinny isn't there or not or if it's because Ian isn't around to challenge Rorie's authority every other roll but i'd say that the series needs to gently be laid to rest. Or at least any future D&D unpluggeds should be.

valeo

Dat MGS3.

Much like Drew, this will be my first time seeing this game. I've never really been one for the Metal Gear series except for Rising. What a start, though.

Me too. I only played half of MGS1 and a bit of MGS2.

I'm not a huge fan of the MGS games, to be honest, so this series isn't a whole lot of interest to me - but, like Drew, it's a bit of a blindspot in that I have nfi what people are talking about when they talk MGS.

Dat MGS3.

Much like Drew, this will be my first time seeing this game. I've never really been one for the Metal Gear series except for Rising. What a start, though.

Same here. I've only played up to the end of Virtuous Mission. I wonder if I should play through Snake Eater first before watching Drew play through the rest of the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
some would argue that nothing happened. I'd argue that it's just becoming the modern day Farmville series, where it was kinda of a good idea for a minute there but it doesn't work anywhere.

I don't know if it's because Vinny isn't there or not or if it's because Ian isn't around to challenge Rorie's authority every other roll but i'd say that the series needs to gently be laid to rest. Or at least any future D&D unpluggeds should be.
The problem is that everyone is basically boring, and if at least it was a competitive game, then Dan would turn heel and start screwing people over or something.

But even then, I think it's a push on whether or not it's better or worse than Mario Party at this point. I guess with D&D, no one outright doesn't give a shit anymore.

Myggen

Vincent Caravella @VinnyCaravella

Suggested we do a DBZ QL to @alex_navarro...

B-zMFGSUAAAnPJO.jpg

The problem is that everyone is basically boring, and if at least it was a competitive game, then Dan would turn heel and start screwing people over or something.

But even then, I think it's a push on whether or not it's better or worse than Mario Party at this point. I guess with D&D, no one outright doesn't give a shit anymore.

I think it's more or less a atmosphere issue on account it's only the four of them, they really could use a extroverted 5th party member.

Dimmle

When is that Zelda II Breaking Brad series? If I say it enough times, can I will it into existence? It's going on my vision board.

God damn the writing in the metal gear games is awful

My impression of it from watching Metal Gear Scanlon is that the moment-to-moment writing is kind of hammy and terrible but some of the higher-level structure and ideas are actually pretty good, as long as you can put up with anime melodrama and Kojima's high school journal entries.

When is that Zelda II Breaking Brad series? If I say it enough times, can I will it into existence? It's going on my vision board.

That game really isn't that hard at all, at least if you have maps. I'm sure without maps, it would take longer, especially the last dungeon. Really, maps are probably the thing that were most sorely missed in that game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's more or less a atmosphere issue on account it's only the four of them, they really could use a extroverted 5th party member.
Sure, it's sorely missing Vinny. They need someone who is interested enough to not seem completely disingenuous, but is also just going to fool around.

hamchan

I think it could still work. Rorie just has to actually learn the rules and maybe be a bit looser with them so that the game moves at a faster pace. Last ep it felt like half the time was spent with Rorie looking up rules while everyone sat there bored.

Also I think someone has to explain to Dan that he's roleplaying a character and to not metagame so much. Which is fine, he's new and I don't think he fully understands the game yet, so it should be someone more experienced to tell him not to break kafabe.

Majine

Banned
To experience the Metal Gear series from scratch and in such rapid pace like Drew is, must be like experiencing a new dimension of gaming.

Zocano

Is it wrong if I say I never cared for codecs and in all my 5 or so playthroughs of all the games I never bothered with them and the one time I did Zero just blatantly told me about how to deal with The Sorrow?

komplanen

I felt the unplugged was too boring for most part and you can see it on the crew as well. They should play board games more often but make it simpler games like Avalon.

I felt the unplugged was too boring for most part and you can see it on the crew as well. They should play board games more often but make it simpler games like Avalon.

It was certainly a slow ramp-up, but I found it fascinating once they were actually playing the game. They just can't get bogged down with infighting.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Silver Springs makes a variety of quality mustard products, but I don't think I've ever needed a vending machine for any.

erawsd

Real talk.

I never got why people loved The Boss so much. Her dialogue and overly philosophical ramblings are Kojima being his most Anime Bullshit-y.

I like the greater story about her though but almost every time she talks its the worst.

Yeah, I haven't played MGS3 since it was released and this series is ruining my boyhood memories. That bridge showdown was fucking amazing in my head.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I do enjoy how Brad HAS to say "Barry! Where's Barry!" everytime somebody mentions Barry Burton. It's the same with "Modus Operandi" for Jeff.

I think its held up ok, I cant think of any really cringe worthy performances. MGS2 and 3 seem to be full of them.

I remember when MGS1 first came out and thinking that Solid Snake had TERRIBLE voice acting. It's grown on me since then, but I still wouldn't consider it all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom