• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

The discount code is on the front page.

Thanks. Impulse bought it, but then realized that I'm supposed to own episode 1 before being able to use it. Guess I have to buy that one, too. Unless I can just wait for episode 1 to go free after episode 2, if that's accurate?

Edit: Ah wait, I get it. I didn't get the complete season pass; that's fine, just got episode 1 separately.

Wait what is Remember Me?

Imagine a game with excellent art design, visuals that looked stunning on every platform it appeared on, but filled to the gills with clunky and unfun combat in the vein of a bad batman clone, a meh traversal system in the style of Uncharted but not quite as good, and a story that paints almost every villain as a cartoon character and that presents great side characters to you and then tosses them aside to never be seen again.

It's nice to see that they're still doing pretty games, but given what the story of Remember Me was and the clumsy manner in which it was presented, i don't mind waiting till we're down to the last episode to see if it's a game worth investing time into.

Myggen

I only remember Life is Strange as the game which had its trailer downvoted to hell on Youtube because it has a female main character, and a focus on story.

I love that subset of gamers.

Liamc723

I only remember Life is Strange as the game which had its trailer downvoted to hell on Youtube because it has a female main character, and a focus on story.

I love that subset of gamers.

Oh man, you should see the Steam forums for the game, I saw some ridiculous things being said there.

Myggen

Liamc723

I'm guessing it's the same crowd who hates Gone Home without having played it.

edit: Ah, some good topics of discussion there like "Another non-game loaded with an SJW agenda" and "Is this another lesbian feminist game?". Quality stuff.

Yup, people can't seem to get over the fact that you play as a girl.

Remember me was an enjoyable but very flawed game which Capcom published in June 2013

Imagine a game with excellent art design, visuals that looked stunning on every platform it appeared on, but filled to the gills with clunky and unfun combat in the vein of a bad batman clone, a meh traversal system in the style of Uncharted but not quite as good, and a story that paints almost every villain as a cartoon character and that presents great side characters to you and then tosses them aside to never be seen again.

It's nice to see that they're still doing pretty games, but given what the story of Remember Me was and the clumsy manner in which it was presented, i don't mind waiting till we're down to the last episode to see if it's a game worth investing time into.
Oh OK thanks. Well at least it had a female protagonist. Those are almost always great for some reason. I loved Tomb Raider, Metroid, the first Broken Sword, Broken Age... And Gone Home was pretty good too I suppose. Man there tally aren't a lot of examples are there? Oh yeah FFX-2 is the JRPG into which I've invested the most time. The story wasn't very good, but the battle system is the best I've ever played in a JRPG by far.

Zaph

Oh OK thanks. Well at least it had a female protagonist. Those are almost always great for some reason. I loved Tomb Raider, Metroid, the first Broken Sword, Broken Age... And Gone Home was pretty good too I suppose. Man there tally aren't a lot of examples are there? Oh yeah FFX-2 is the JRPG into which I've invested the most time. The story wasn't very good, but the battle system is the best I've ever played in a JRPG by far.

Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, Gray Matter.

PnC's are the best. Join us http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965569

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Beyond Good and Evil! Play it!

Myggen

tumblr_niy8crzabt1qzopezo1_400.gif

Man, somebody bumped up the Ryan Davis thread. So sad to see, especially today with the death of Andrew Yoon happening yesterday/early this morning.

inky

Man, somebody bumped up the Ryan Davis thread. So sad to see, especially today with the death of Andrew Yoon happening yesterday/early this morning.

Weird. I just randomly posted in this thread (yesterday or the day before) about how I miss Ryan. Happened after binge listening to the GOTY podcasts. No offense to Brad, you are a fine host sir, but Ryan was a pro. Well, no reason to only be sad. How about we all share one favorite Ryan moment.

Mine:

Trials Evo 2nd quicklook. Brad struggles for ~5 minutes with making the first checkpoint in the first track. Ryan then takes command "let me give this one go"...

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-supplemental-trials-evolution/2300-5938/

7:20ish in for the Ryan moment but just watch it all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom