• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Minus One dropping Worldwide on Netflix tomorrow

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Godzilla account posted this cryptic message

Then this by a turstworthy news outlet

And now if you search online many residents world wide are saying its on their Netflix. NA likely in a few hours. Live in the UK right now

Fantastic stealth drop
edit:
Also coming to video on demand tmrw

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Happy Lets Go GIF

Wife already agreed I get to pick the movie tomorrow too…

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Shin Godzilla kind of sucked. Is this one better?
easily the best godzilla movie ever - arguably the best kaiju/monster movie ever

dont expect comic book style fights like that had. this one is more grounded and godzilla is fucking menacing as he should be

Last edited:
"We have Godzilla at home"

Well...now we do.

Watched it again and it's still a fucking awesome movie, even though it's now at home it loses none of it's gravitas from the theater

I wonder if my neighbors hate me now, Godzilla stomping around and smashing shit was probably loud enough to wake the dead

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This was so good, the human story was excellent and jesus Godzilla was such a cunt, a proper unstoppable force of nature wrapped up in a brilliant movie... And Hollywood gives us Godzilla Vs robo Kong a move so utterly embarrassing in comparison made for 10times the budget

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
This was so good, the human story was excellent and jesus Godzilla was such a cunt, a proper unstoppable force of nature wrapped up in a brilliant movie... And Hollywood gives us Godzilla Vs robo Kong a move so utterly embarrassing in comparison made for 10times the budget

They're different movies. GxK is basically a Showa era Godzilla movie with a massive budget.

Wow. Just..wow. Watched it with my six-year-old.

I've seen just about every Godzilla movie and this one was the best one yet.

It was practical and Godzilla wasn't playing with them.

Wish they'd use this movie as the basis for a new era of Godzilla films.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Me and the boy have went to see all the Godzilla movies and this is definitely the best, my order for the new ones would be

1. Godzilla Minus One
2. Skull Island (close 2nd, awesome movie)
3. Godzilla (2014)
All the rest

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Just finished it. GREAT human story! That's what's been missing from the new movies... Focusing on ONE family and their tertiary characters expand the main character's story. I loved it. But I also loved Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, too!

Ammogeddon

I’ve been waiting and wondering when this would come out. Dropping on Netflix out of the blue today was a treat.

It was a great movie. I liked that it wasn’t just a spectacle flick like most monster movies. They managed to make the human elements enjoyable. Normally they are tedious nonsense.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I think it's massively overrated with some truly shitty acting and dialogue. Everyone wants to rub its nuts because it only cost 15 million, and I guess--suddenly--everyone cares about movie budgets being reasonable (that, or they're a dumb cunt parroting some whiny bitch in one of the trades).

It's a B- at best, and it's nothing compared to Shin Godzilla.

MrMephistoX

The main character is a failed Kamikaze pilot with PTSD and the movie starts with him being berated and blamed for Japan losing the war because people like him didn't do their job and just die, and it ends with him being told to live. The movie would be a good movie without Godzilla.
Not that it hasn’t always been the case that Godzilla is a murdering bastard but for once I really was not rooting for him and cared about the humans. I teared up several times.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

I think it's massively overrated with some truly shitty acting and dialogue. Everyone wants to rub its nuts because it only cost 15 million, and I guess--suddenly--everyone cares about movie budgets being reasonable (that, or they're a dumb cunt parroting some whiny bitch in one of the trades).

It's a B- at best, and it's nothing compared to Shin Godzilla.
I'll admit that it felt like 3 episodes of a tv show stuck together but man, the set design, CGI, and music were incredible on such a small budget! The lead actor and love interest sold every scene they were in, even if all the other actors delivered Kamen Rider level acting.

I still think it's a must watch for folks who want something different than the ususal Hollywood mush, simply due to the obvious love for the source material, great overall story, and upstaging visuals from a small team.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I watched it last night and was actually really disappointed. Kids loved it. I probably had it built up to be better.

The sub par acting and story issues bugged me. Also, I’m probably wrong here but does Godzilla not blink a single time? I didn’t see it once.

It was like an 8/10. Didn't fuck around and shown you Godzilla straight away and the actual character drama and post WW2 struggle sucked you in. I've seen people not like the happy ending but it was deserved. I'm not gonna say it was better than Shin Godzilla... But it was a much easier watch.

Top Bottom