• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

Azsori

I disagree. Licenses were crucial to get players who do not play racing games into GT. It was also part of career as racing driver.

For experienced players this was a bit annoying buy getting first license was matter of 4 minutes in GT4.
GT5 gone even deeper than just text. GT5 had commentary in native language to each tutorial and thanks to that people could learn how to race.

I hope GT6 will include even better tutorial. Things like driving line, what is apex etc. All those things are crucial to understanding racing and ton of new players would learn a lot.

I'll agree - I think the license tests are very helpful, even to the experienced. While I don't think they should be mandatory, I still think they should be included.

Personally, I like them, and enjoy getting gold and a decent car. It is normally how I start out each GT.

Dead Man

I'll just continue to not buy DLC. One track a month is fine for those that want it, 7 new tracks for 6 is enough, as long as they are actually used and not forgotten about.

imageDispatcher.jsp

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

Goldrusher

Sony just showed a new trailer at their E3 keynote.

- Nissan Deltawing is in the game.
- A GIANT new fantasy track in the vicinity of the Matterhorn.
- Willow Springs confirmed.

alba

Little is the new Big
Oh, GT6.. I love you! <3 So good. I can't wait to hear more detail and that fantasy track, oh my gosh.

alba

Little is the new Big
They're really in a class of their own in trailers, it's like each and everyone one of theirs has this subtle... je ne sais quoi to it... the only thing I didn't like was the font they used for the bulletpoints (the web designer in me, I suppose).

I can't wait for more tidbits :D

They're really in a class of their own in trailers, it's like each and everyone one of theirs has this subtle... je ne sais quoi to it... the only thing I didn't like was the font they used for the bulletpoints (the web designer in me, I suppose).

I can't wait for more tidbits :D

Shouldn't have to wait too long. Their website is down for maintenance, and you know what that means.... :)

paskowitz

I seriously cannot imagine what GT7 on the PS4 is going to look like. It might as well be rendered real life footage because that is almost what we are looking at here.

Dead Man

Those engine sounds better be from the game, but I doubt it.

That and the UI are the only worries I have really. I accept that the AI will remain terrible, with a different physics model for the ai cars. Oh, and I want a closer integration of arcade and GT mode, let me grab a car set up how I want, and make a race for it that will be close.

Mush

oPfmYw8.jpg

Maybe I'm over analysing things here but if you take a close look at the markings for the starting positions, you can see they look like a lot smaller, perhaps to accommodate smaller vehicles?

Like motorbikes? ;)

If this was a real world circuit I wouldn't think twice but because this is an original track, why would PD go to the trouble of adding these?

amar212

If this was a real world circuit I wouldn't think twice but because this is an original track, why would PD go to the trouble of adding these?

Once everyone become aware of the (alleged) size of that particular track, many things will fall into places ;)

For me, the most exciting thing about the trailer was the modified Mazda. I really hope that is a user-modified car and not some RM variant.

Angst

i1BPTcETtDkQVSH-640x360.jpg

"Time 11:09" ... "Course Surface Water 0%"

Seems like Time of Day is and Dynamic Weather has made it to Grand Valley Speedway. Hopefully all tracks will now have ToD and DW. :)

amar212

Do we know if Matterhorn will be playable tomorrow?

I think not.

Nice, what was the planned length?
Somebody needs to grill Sony at E3 about Course Maker and the GPS function.

I can't disclose, sorry.

And Sony will not know nothing but what was published officially with the exception of Taku Imasaki. I guess Jordan will gain his slot for interview soon but it remains to be seen who will be his interviewees.

dubc35

Tweeted this video @Kaz, we NEED to finally have an E30 M3 in GT. Way past due.

e*
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/i1BPTcETtDkQVSH-640x360.jpg

"Time 11:09" ... "Course Surface Water 0%"

Seems like Time of Day is and Dynamic Weather has made it to Grand Valley Speedway. Hopefully all tracks will now have ToD and DW. :)
Also says Clubman Cup which means we're all going to start in the Sunday Cup again. There's something nostalgic and disappointing about that.

Megasoum

Banned
Quoting my post I did in the Driveclub thread... Not directly GT6 related but still.

Niiiice... So Patrick from Giantbomb did an interview with a Sony guy for 25minutes and asked on twitter for question to ask him. I asked him to ask about 3rd party ps3 controllers like Steering Wheels or Fightstick and the guy said:

If they are usb I'm gonna say that they are likely to work. I can't confirm it right now, I'll have to check but I mean, it's the logical choice isn't?

Once everyone become aware of the (alleged) size of that particular track, many things will fall into places ;)

Hmm?

Shirakawa Akira on gtp has drawn a possible number of other routes based on the barriered off roads you can see on the 2 lap video. Where the righthand yellow route goes is speculation but it takes you up to the Gornergrat observatory.
SHIRAKAWA Akira said:

I think this would be over 10 km.
6WRXwUO.jpg

malyce

Audi R8 LMS at Willow Springs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oqmIAyn-72w

Ok this is the first video that actually got me hyped for the game. It's definitely a leap over GT5 graphically and the car behavior seems to be a lot more natural. If the manage to implement all the online stuff they promised, like car clubs, online leagues etc.. I'm gonna be putting a lot of hours into this.

edit: The lighting in this game is in a league of it's own, especially considering that this is all done on 6 year old hardware. It's frightening to think what a next gen GT is gonna look like.

Mobius 1

Audi R8 LMS at Willow Springs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oqmIAyn-72w

Ok this is the first video that actually got me hyped for the game. It's definitely a leap over GT5 graphically and the car behavior seems to be a lot more natural. If the manage to implement all the online stuff they promised, like car clubs, online leagues etc.. I'm gonna be putting a lot of hours into this.

edit: The lighting in this game is in a league of it's own, especially considering that this is all done on 6 year old hardware. It's frightening to think what a next gen GT is gonna look like.

This is great. Finally a video with someone that knows what he is doing.

amar212

We are doing similar discussions in two threads, maybe I should ask mods to merge it into one.. is that possible to do?

On another note, Jordan is preparing a interview with Kaz and I think there will be some very interesting details to share, I guess it is coming later today.

Top Bottom