• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Arios is god-tier. If you think it's terrible, you are doing it wrong.

MARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARI

Well, you're going to hate any suit that doesn't let you Gouf.

But I do think Arios is pretty fun, especially for a 1000.

Bombless

Speaking of 1000 I'm loving the LaGOWE very very much. Not a very diverse machine but I find it very simple to operate. Managed to do the bloody "Kill 3 drones in under 5 seconds" mission with it. Felt so good.

Also Waltfeld is just badass.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Arios is pretty nice beam spam.

Arios is god-tier. If you think it's terrible, you are doing it wrong.

MARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARIMARI

well, those are good points. I said "seems" because I only played like 2 matches with it :p

Guess I'll have to practice a bit.

Enron

Banned
Speaking of 1000 I'm loving the LaGOWE very very much. Not a very diverse machine but I find it very simple to operate. Managed to do the bloody "Kill 3 drones in under 5 seconds" mission with it. Felt so good.

Also Waltfeld is just badass.

The birth of another dog user. Disgusting

MechaX

Leave LaGOWE alone! /cries

Seriously though, what's wrong with it? And the other Seed units?

There's nothing really wrong with LaGOWE. Enron is just a little salty about the dog (and its ability to summon packs of dogs). Hell, one of my funniest moments in the game concerns a 2 v 2 match with all LaGOWEs (God, I wish I saved that replay).

As for the SEED suits... well, none of the SEED suits are really bad per se (I don't know about Red Frame though). It's just that the main cast SEED people are really good.

Jubern

This bump reminds me: I finally got to fight Extreme Gundam Mystic Phase yesterday! It's usually pretty hard to play arcade mode here (too much people), but there's a tiny game center near my new workplace that's not too crowded (it's in Ginza, not exactly a nest of gamers) and has a 4-line setup until 5pm! Perfect for my lunch break when I'm alone.

Anyway, that thing is fucking weird. Centaur Gundam with a bow, what can go wrong! Lost against it with my Arios (assist was a fucking Gun EZ T_T) despite cornering it to a silver of life. Oh well, better luck next time.

AZUMIKE

Anyone know how many hours till start?

@Juburn- yup I'm hype too. Though I may catch replays, assuming they're available later.

Jubern

It litteraly starts right now. They're introducing the teams now. But SousedLouse says he can't see it, so we're wondering if it's not IP blocked.

baekshi

Banned

I know some people might not agree, but CDJapan is better than play-asia's shipping and cheaper;
Compared to 1 month and about 2 weeks, I would the game from CDJapan 2-4 weeks. CD's sometimes even less.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-50027

I haven't played in a while, well really long time, is there a DLC pack or you have to buy each separately?

Jubern

The tourney until now:

Wing Zero IIIII
Mark II IIIIII
Susanoo I
Unicorn I
Double O II
Banshee I
Gyan II
Victory 2 II

I see a trend...

Jubern

So the qualifiers are over, and here what I counted:

Wing Zero IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII
Mark II IIIII IIIII IIIII III
Susanoo II
Unicorn II
Double O II
Banshee II
Gyan IIIII IIIII I
Victory 2 III
Reborns II
Zeong IIIII IIIII
Delta Plus III
Quanta IIIII
Nu III
Messala I
Kshatriya IIII
Zuda I
Turn A I

Someone is getting nerfed hard lol

Jubern

Winner team is Reborns Gundam/Zeong. Other finalist team was Wing Zero TV/Heavyarms. No WZTV/Mark II in the final, there were two of them in the semi but they loooooooost, ahahahah.

Shouta

Players that are actually thinking about how they play won, good shit. Down with top-tier whores that auto-pilot dat shit!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Gaia looks kinda cool. SEED fo life. Kapool looks like something I won't play.

Players that are actually thinking about how they play won, good shit. Down with top-tier whores that auto-pilot dat shit!

Quant players am cry.

If you didn't think Zeong was great before than you either have no imagination or you never tried it out. That thing has so many gimmicks to trick people with, it's incredible.

Beckx

Zeong won?! Yes! anyplace to see the videos?

Yeah, I'd love to see some of this. Glad a HeavyArms was in finals.

I'm such a damn fanboy. Can only play suits I like outside of the game. Are there more suits from Unicorn in the new arcade version? Sniper Zaku would be hot.

NEO0MJ

If you didn't think Zeong was great before than you either have no imagination or you never tried it out. That thing has so many gimmicks to trick people with, it's incredible.

I mained Zeong in VS, I just never expected it to be popular, never followed this game much recently. How's the O doing? I loved that unit, too. I guess not good because there isn't one among the qualifiers. No Destiny either, wasn't that one of the best before?

So I'm considering getting this game in the next few days, however I'm curious, how much will not being able to read japanese affect gameplay for me? I do know some english text is in the game, but for menus and stuff, will I be lost if I can't read japanese?

So I'm considering getting this game in the next few days, however I'm curious, how much will not being able to read japanese affect gameplay for me? I do know some english text is in the game, but for menus and stuff, will I be lost if I can't read japanese?
This is probably the one of the more import-friendly games. You can find translations of menu and mission screens on sites, YouTube, GAF, and it certainly won't be detrimental to actually playing the game.

This is probably the one of the more import-friendly games. You can find translations of menu and mission screens on sites, YouTube, GAF, and it certainly won't be detrimental to actually playing the game.

Sounds pretty good then. I'll most likely end up ordering it in a few days then if it's that easy to work with.

I would go nuts if they were developing a new Gundam Extreme VS game to be localized.

I'd be okay with importing, but still.

Any news about a Full Boost port?

I would go nuts if they were developing a new Gundam Extreme VS game to be localized.

I'd be okay with importing, but still.

Any news about a Full Boost port?

No chance in hell that it's getting localized. So just hope for a region-free console.

It will have been two years in September since Extreme VS was announced for the PS3 at TGS. With Gundam Breaker coming out this June, we'll be due for another Gundam game announcement.

Jubern

Yeah, it would make a lot of sense for EXVSFB to be announced shown at TGS.

I wonder if they'll buy every fucking advertisement panel at the Kaihin-Makuhari station like last time. When you got off the train for TGS2011 there were only ads for EXVS PS3, absolutely everywhere lol

No chance in hell that it's getting localized. So just hope for a region-free console.

It will have been two years in September since Extreme VS was announced for the PS3 at TGS. With Gundam Breaker coming out this June, we'll be due for another Gundam game announcement.

Is licensing keeping it from getting localized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom