• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GZA & Neil deGrasse Tyson Talk Astrophysics & Hip-Hop (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
neil-degrasse-tyson-gza-star-talk-interview.jpg

Over the last few years, world renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and GZA have become BFF’s thanks to a shared love of science. Tyson and GZA have spoken in interviews before, but this interview from NdGT’s Star Talk show is the first one I’ve seen on video. Throughout this lengthy 34 minute clip, GZA demonstrates how science, specifically astrophysics, has informed not only his own music but that of other members of the Wu-Tang Clan.

Interview+Source

New News from Old Thread where everyone wanted to see what they would/could fathom to chat about.

And it turned out just as cool as I imagined.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
wtf.

clicked on link and got hammered with trojan attempts. anyone else get that shit? thank god i've got good virus protection.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Having put out 'Liquid Swords,' it's obvious that GZA is the best Wu-Tang member.

I'll load up the audio version for my walk today.

SuperBonk

That's a good video but it kind of bothered me that they made fun of "sperm cell in a Fallopian tube" lyric. I mean, shouldn't they know that most conceptions take place in the Fallopian tube?

Minor complaint, but it's kind of embarrassing when these guys are supposed to be science experts and they're proudly displaying their ignorance.

The freestyle anecdote around the 15 min mark is so good.

Isn't okayplayer affiliated with the Roots? It was probably a fuck up with the anti virus

Yep. I think ?uestlove is one of the co-founders. Other than that its a pretty popular hip hop/alt music sites I think. I've never had a prob with the site before so I dunno...

awesome, thanks for this! i've been waiting for that "Dark Matter" album by GZA anxiously... well any new material from him but especially that, if it's really about black holes and stuff heh. Neil is great too, so i'm psyched to listen to their conversation.

That's a good video but it kind of bothered me that they made fun of "sperm cell in a Fallopian tube" lyric. I mean, shouldn't they know that most conceptions take place in the Fallopian tube?

Minor complaint, but it's kind of embarrassing when these guys are supposed to be science experts and they're proudly displaying their ignorance.

i read a lot of astronomy articles.. what the fuck is a Fallopian tube?

awesome, thanks for this! i've been waiting for that "Dark Matter" album by GZA anxiously... well any new material from him but especially that, if it's really about black holes and stuff heh. Neil is great too, so i'm psyched to listen to their conversation.

i read a lot of astronomy articles.. what the fuck is a Fallopian tube?

female anatomy 101

Banglish

Gza da ghad.

He came to my city(Winnipeg) for a small show and it was one of the best damn shows I've been to. GFK came to and he was nice. Raekwon too but he was waay to baked to perform well. But GZA got the crowd moving, literately got the group of 150-200 people to bounce like crashing waves. He came off the stage and into the crowd and people started moshing but it was like their was an invisible force surrounding him that didn't allow people to touch him. Don't know if that description made any sense but it was insanely awesome.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gz Gza Genius, take us the fuck outta here!

That was great. I loved Wu Tang growing up. Used to rock Wu Tang gear in Elementary school. Makes me wanna go back and listen and get schooled again. Thanks for sharing OP, that was great.

I need to see that movie with RZA and GZA and Bill Murray talking in that one scene everyone spams me with on facebook. coffee and cigaretes? it's a pretty funny scene.

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON AIN'T NUTHIN TA FUCK WITH

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON AIN'T NUTHIN TA FUCK WITH

I'm rather disappointed that no one else said this yet.

Epcott

Interesting interview. Beneith the Surface is still one of my favorite albums.

But wow, those two guests with Neil are hella corny. A bow-tie? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom