• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Had enough of all these superpowers (DC TV shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just shitty writing from those shows because the source material is quite shit too. The moment Oliver shot an arrow into a computer to hack it is the moment I knew this was never going to be good.

Just ignore it like a bad dream and maybe they'll license out the characters to HBO or some other network that hires competent writers.

Slayven

There is too many Speedsters when this guy shows up

134910-18640-john-fox.gif

nOoblet16

The fact that every Flash big bad is a speedster is getting on my nerves. Flash has a halfway decent rogues gallery but nope. It's ridiculous that the show always starts with Barry saying 'I am the fastest man alive' when he is always being outclassed in that department.

I disagree, the entire reason the big baddie has been a speedster all this time is entirely because it's very difficult to imagine any non speedster even managing one hit on The Flash without it feeling like it was forcibly done for story purpose.
I will always shake my head in disbelief everytime a non speedster is able to react to Barry..like that woman did in the last episode.

Also from what I understand, Zoom was actually slower than Reverse Flash from season 1. And Barry with the tachyon modification was faster than both Zoom and Reverse Flash. Then Zoom takes his speedforce, which Barry gains back in an episode or two but for some reason the tachyon enhancer now doesn't work and he is slower than Zoom ? I'm like eh?

Ogodei

Disagree. The appeal of comics is this massive, chaotic world where all sorts of weird stuff is always going down. The more the merrier.

Maximus.

I hate these shows when the secondary characters get too important or it's all about the team. Most of these characters don't solely rely on a team to do their shit. Also all the love interest shit is annoying too.

wamberz1

Wait, what? Arrow turned into anime?
While hilarious out of context, they are talking about 2 different people lol
There is too many Speedsters when this guy shows up

134910-18640-john-fox.gif
Geoff Keighley's hero persona?
I kid i kid

On topic, marvels shows have been giving me my fill of character-focused deep narratives, while if I want to turn up the cheese factor and just have fun I tune in to the CW

Who else got superpowers in Daredevil??? if you mean Elektra, she has always been a supporting character in Daredevil comics. Punisher and Daredevil have been clashing throughout their comics history. They are apart of Daredevil lore. These people don't even have any superpowers either.

Parch

The appeal of comics is this massive, chaotic world where all sorts of weird stuff is always going down. The more the merrier.
Pretty much. Especially for DC. Their universe expanded and changed so much that it got to the point of being convoluted.

Now the DC TV universe is expanding, just like the comics.

Joni

I complained about this in the main thread, but Flash recently had an episode where the bad guy was a "jewel thief" with a superadvanced guns with homing bullets that were so fast that Flash couldn't outrun them. It also shot lasers, sound waves, mines, rockets and an electronic barrier fence thing. No explanation, could've just said "he stole that gun from a super advanced whatever lab" but nope. He just has it.
They explained this in the last episode, so the episode immediately after that one.

>Watches capeshit shows
>too many capes

Can't make this up folks.

I am utterly bored of all super hero properties now. I don't even bother with any of them anymore. Still enough non superhero stuff on tv to watch though I do worry this won't be the case for too much longer.

It's funny how folks keep posting this shit, like I swear I read the same comment in everyone of these threads. No one cares b.
camby.png

Replicant

I'd argue that the problem with Arrow is actually the reverse: Ollie is too basic to deal with some of the meta-humans he sometimes encounter.

His sister and love interest

Well, well. All I can think of is how CW is covertly deploying their incest agenda with Arrow and Riverdale. J/K! But please check Riverdale if you want a non-superhero show.

Joni

Well, well. All I can think of is how CW is covertly deploying their incest agenda with Arrow and Riverdale. J/K! But please check Riverdale if you want a non-superhero show.

Covertly? Look at Arrow S1 again: Thea and Tommy, Thea and Oliver.

Pachimari

I totally agree when it comes to Arrow. This season is fucking shit compared to the first season of Arrow, where he was this one killler going out to get stuff done. The plot was more compelling and moved with better pace. I hate how Felicity can do basically anything, how Wild Dog is allowed to kill when Oliver was so against it, how Curtis is useless in the field. The team aspect is some of the worst in Arrow, although I'm okay with it in the Flash and Supergirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom