• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - New Video/Trailer/"whatever-this-is" coming in 24 hours

seriously, that shit was amazing

damn-right.gif

It was a monster of an intro for sure.

Moa

[Call-Me-G];177092177 said:
Sooo... TV show or Spartan Ops Season 2?
In any case, I'm not that hyped :-(

There is no Spartan Ops Season 2, they continued that story in the Halo: Escalation comics.

t1441072800z4.png

here is countdown to what we think is the correct time.
I need to replay Spartan Ops so I can get a refresher on the Halsey storyline. I don't remember it at all.

Just watch the movie version on youtube. I did that recently, got the story without having to play Spartan Ops.

I need to replay Spartan Ops so I can get a refresher on the Halsey storyline. I don't remember it at all.

You technically don't even need to replay the episodes. You can just watch the cutscenes on YouTube or Halo Channel.

Plus, Halo Escalation is a direct sequel to Spartan Ops and brings a lot of the characters to where we find them in Halo 5.

singhr1

Unless you got some buds who want to play it with you, just watch the stuff on Halo Channel or YouTube. It's not worth a solo play-through

etta

my hard graphic balls
Are we there yet?
Also, this Sprinkles name is taking off, huh. I wonder what flavour he'd wanna be.

Ampoc

Neo Member
[Call-Me-G];177092945 said:
Let me get de-hyped if I want ! I don't want to be disappointed. When I'm expecting the worst, I'm always happy in the end ! That's my creed. Yeah I know, it's weird.

It's something Halo 5 campaign related, it's obvious judging by what's confirmed and the short teases so I'm not sure why you think it's part of the tv show.

Did they show H4 prologue before the release? I dont remember. Wasnt too active on NeoGAF.

Halo 4's prologue was leaked, not shown before the release. But the prologue was soooooo hyped when it was leaked, the music, the way they talked just hit me in the feels since my Halo 4 hype levels were through the roof.

Even though my time is eastern standard time, and that tweet says it was posted at 7:00 p.m., how could it be PDT? I don't understand that.

Bessy67

Just watch the movie version on youtube. I did that recently, got the story without having to play Spartan Ops.

You technically don't even need to replay the episodes. You can just watch the cutscenes on YouTube or Halo Channel.

Plus, Halo Escalation is a direct sequel to Spartan Ops and brings a lot of the characters to where we find them in Halo 5.

Unless you got some buds who want to play it with you, just watch the stuff on Halo Channel or YouTube. It's not worth a solo play-through

Thanks for the suggestion. I have it queued up in Halo Channel to watch later tonight.

Nope. Still a go! Probably came down to schedules of actors and the big S himself.

I don't even think it's at that stage? There was an article a few weeks ago talking to a guy from Showtime who said it was still happening but they still had things to sort out, or something like that :)

My guess is money. They really need to spend a good bit of money to try and push Halo as a proper TV show

Edit, found it

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/11/showtime-still-developing-halo-tv-series

Nevins had a very quick answer, but one that did seem to indicate there continues to be a very good chance of seeing the series down the line, as he simply answered, "It's still in development. Still in very active development."

I asked Nevins if we could hear any more details soon, and he replied, with a laugh, "No time soon." While there was no elaboration beyond this, it seems that whatever specific hurdles Halo has attached to it -- which obviously has many huge components involved, from Spielberg to Xbox -- it will continue to be a slow build towards actually making it to TV screens.

The biggest hold on the show I imagine would be the scope/budget of it.

Even though my time is eastern standard time, and that tweet says it was posted at 7:00 p.m., how could it be PDT? I don't understand that.

I'm EST & the '24 hours' tweet says 10pm for me.

I don't have them off hand. They're on Twitter and here on GAF lol.

Ohh ok, interesting.

I'm happy to hear it's alive and well.. hopefully they start talking about it openly again soon.

SaganIsGOAT

Just glad to be getting some halo 5 stuff. Dudes shitting the bed at arena and warzone footage from green skull can only keep me going for so long. So hypeddddddd

Top Bottom