• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I have high hopes for your OT naming skills my friend. |OT5| Jorge has hugged Frankie, have you?

Yeah you can see them, but did any of them show as online? The problem is all but your friends list just showing offline no matter what.

Hmm I think I saw non-friends online, I could be wrong though.

I wish I rightly mispelt words more often, if that's a thing :D

I'm not 100% certain, but I remember seeing it mentioned. And when I was on before only the four people I have added were online in the company, could've been a coincidence mind.

I have a feeling it either isn't working as intended or they'll fix it soon. I hope.
So the Spartan Company tab shows all the members of the Spartan Company. Cool. But to see them as online, I first have to add them as friends. So at that point they just show up in the regular fucking list and the Spartan Company tab becomes entirely pointless for me. Great feature. Well done, xbone.

I have high hopes for your OT naming skills my friend. |OT5| Jorge has hugged Frankie, have you?

Yeah you can see them, but did any of them show as online? The problem is all but your friends list just showing offline no matter what.

Yes actually I gave you my answer a few pages back ;) lol

Is there an effective way to spot someone with cammo?

I'll bang out some of these given gut feels about camo enemy being around:
  • spray some AR bullets side to side
  • stand still and look for ripples (helps having a big screen)
  • drop a grenade or two a wait for indicators or return fire
  • if I'm rocking headphones listen for directional/movement type noises
  • finally follow your teammates red Xs

Hate myself right now. Because gotta wait till Sunday for a technical support person to come and fix my internet I've been killing time playing single player games. Put around 5 hours into mgs5 only to find I'm on the wrong profile. (Time to relate this to halo 5) would of been my opportunity to sit down and get to know forge/ know the new map better but can't do any of that since it's tied to online servers. Can't blame halo this time due to it being the isp fault but still stinks.

Might break and use my phone for a hotspot to play some online matches, would kill my data but sometimes sacrifices are worth it.

Haha!! Tell me how I can place Diamond 4 if I'm matching with Champion 192!!

I wish I rightly mispelt words more often, if that's a thing :D

I'm not 100% certain, but I remember seeing it mentioned. And when I was on before only the four people I have added were online in the company, could've been a coincidence mind.

I have a feeling it either isn't working as intended or they'll fix it soon. I hope.

jk, all you have to press in their profile is Friend Options and it makes it really quick to add.

Juanfp

New OT!!!

I am liking Tyrant a lot and also just return to play BTB and notice the updated maps, they are good.

Because 343 knows your true worth. Believe
I want to believe, but my morale is low. I've been shat on by teams all week. Doesn't help connection was shoddy tonight

That's happened to me a couple of times. Think it was a full team of champions, single and double digit ones too. Don't know how it happens but it's bad luck at its finest.
Yeah, I get if its one game, that's a fluke. But I matched up with the same exact team twice in a row and lost. Just feel like that should never happen in placements.

jfoul

It would be nice to have a HUD option to display if players are alive or dead without pressing option. This would be great for Team Arena.

Defect

No, no, you misunderstand. QB stands for Quality Boltshot AKA the 'Closed Fist'.

Another Breakout player? :O

We're rarer than unicorns around here. Do I have you added? We should totally play Breakout some time.

I actually hate Breakout. I just want to get my Champion and stop lol.

Assault on Tyrant is pretty great.

Assault on anything is pretty bad. Replace it with Oddball already!

IHaveIce

Banned
I still haven't played it yet but I feel like this is something a lot of people feel... That it's the best assault map in the game now.

I took a tour of Tyrant in customs and think it's probably decent for flag but seems bad for slayer.

If it's fun for the 2 obj gametypes tho I'm good with that.
IMO it is the only good assault map. All others have trash spawns, Tyrant feels super competive with it.
Flag could get quite ugly because of the short way across.

Slayer is too cebtric for my liking and devolves to nade spam.

I actually hate Breakout. I just want to get my Champion and stop lol.

Assault on anything is pretty bad. Replace it with Oddball already!

Assault isn't that bad. Can be rough at times but last thing they should do is remove it. I will admit I would like oddball a lot more than assault but one thing I still have a problem with is lack of game types. Though I'm sure they will be here at some point, better late than never I guess.

mo60

Speaking of Boltshots I have tons of Closed Fist piled up, I thought Open Hand is better due to more aggressive tracking?

I don't bother to use my boltshots in warzone because it's pointless. I mostly engage in long range combat in warzone and I use my smg/ar for short range combat if I need to.

I'll bang out some of these given gut feels about camo enemy being around:
  • spray some AR bullets side to side
  • stand still and look for ripples (helps having a big screen)
  • drop a grenade or two a wait for indicators or return fire
  • if I'm rocking headphones listen for directional/movement type noises
  • finally follow your teammates red Xs

Good pointers, I thought my reticle might turn red if I hover over them but I don't think it does.

I don't bother to use my boltshots in warzone because it's pointless. I mostly engage in long range combat in warzone and I use my smg/ar for short range combat if I need to.

I also rarely use boltshots on regular warzone but on assault it does work. The rare variation being the one that does best with its longer range and better tracking. They are realatively cheap and great weapons overall.

Even though I get flak for it by my friends I use the boltshots often in arena because it's tracking and how good of a weapon it is in my eyes.

mo60

I also rarely use boltshots on regular warzone but on assault it does work. The rare variation being the one that does best with its longer range and better tracking. They are realatively cheap and great weapons overall.

Even though I get flak for it by my friends I use the boltshots often in arena because it's tracking and how good of a weapon it is in my eyes.

I usually get at least one kill with the boltshot whenever I grab it in slayer. I actually find the boltshot a decent weapon to use in arena.

Ade

The thirst was real, but oddly now I have more RP than anyone would ever need ever, Im finding my desire to play diminishing.

There also seems, imo, to now be too many different weapons, the Splaser is my last weapon commendation needed, I opened 20+ gold packs last night and didnt get a single one.... Hannibal Mantises up the wazoo though.

Really don't like the new WZ map, many of the routes feel illogical and I seem to spend most of my time wondering where the hell everyone is.

Good pointers, I thought my reticle might turn red if I hover over them but I don't think it does.

Reticle doesn't turn red and aim assist doesn't kick in (bullet magnetism does) so it is hard to engage a camo in close range since he'll have an upper hand at aiming.

Caayn

Hehe
2LwpQ8H.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Gonna push through my disenfranchised apathy a few more levels to level 50 and if it still doesn't give me a long range loadout of any kind (seems likely since it keeps giving me ugly armors and emblems and there are like 200 to go) I guess I'll just try to become an AR god with my murika skin. Maybe save up to 500,000 and go on a crazy long silver spree.

Gonna push through my disenfranchised apathy a few more levels to level 50 and if it still doesn't give me a long range loadout of any kind (seems likely since it keeps giving me ugly armors and emblems and there are like 200 to go) I guess I'll just try to become an AR god with my murika skin. Maybe save up to 500,000 and go on a crazy long silver spree.

Not even a Longshot BR? Not as good as a DMR in long ranges but it'll do the job for you.

Loomba

Does the Elite controller work well for Halo? It's £99 at the moment so might bite.

Like do the paddles work well with jumping etc?

Dice

Edit: Crap I looked through the req and realized Longshot BRs are uncommon.
The game heard my AR proposition and just gave me a stabilized longshot AR, lol.

Edit: And it is a pretty good AR. Very useful. Insta-killed a Ghost, lol.

Special feature: A splinter grenade to end a war.

In other news, a new record. Spawned 215m away from where I told it to spawn me.
Nothing was happening out here at the beach. No one was here. The armory wasn't under attack, but with spawns like these they could easily take it, and that has happened in a few games, sometimes with the central structure to open the door wide open for them to take it before they even decided to attack, which I foresaw but couldn't prevent because of spawns like this, which ends up losing us the game. I often have to tell it no, not that idiotic suggested spawning place, this other one, but eventually it decides no fuck you, it's going to spawn you where it wants no matter what you say.

Just yesterday it happened on Stormbreak. It kept wanting to spawn me at the armory in front of their home base where everyone else was, but I kept telling it no, the Fortress, because it was unguarded and there are bosses coming up there soon and it's a better view to shoot people from a distance since it's chaos over there to be spawning into. It kept fighting me while my whole team spawned at the armory as the game was suggesting hard. Eventually it decided to spawn me out in the middle of nowhere instead of the fortress and the enemy team ran in and took it which gave them prime boss positioning. 343 fix your goddamn spawns.

Does the Elite controller work well for Halo? It's £99 at the moment so might bite.

You have to get used to the paddles at first, but the elite controller improves gameplay across every game you'll play including Halo. It truly is worth it.

The accessories app in the app store lets you customize almost everything on it, including trigger deadzones and thumbstick curve/deadzones. It will take some experimentation and time with the more advanced settings, but once you find what you like aiming and maneuvering will be much more comfortable.

You have to get used to the paddles at first, but the elite controller improves gameplay across every game you'll play including Halo. It truly is worth it.

The accessories app in the app store lets you customize almost everything on it, including trigger deadzones and thumbstick curve/deadzones. It will take some experimentation and time with the more advanced settings, but once you find what you like aiming and maneuvering will be much more comfortable.
I just want a controller that I can plug my headset into (mic-less) and listen to everything through the headset. Tired of playing with the sound turned off. I'm using an OG controller. It's sick!
it's not

Dice

Any tips for boarding Scorpions and Wraiths? I'm very often able to get near to them without them noticing, sometimes even by using ground pound, but often when I get in range and press X my dude jumps in the turret, at which point like 4 enemies shoot me and I die. If I try to get a different positioning to not go in the turret, I usually can't find it and get run over. Do you have to do it from directly in front of them?

Any tips for boarding Scorpions and Wraiths? I'm very often able to get near to them without them noticing, sometimes even by using ground pound, but often when I get in range and press X my dude jumps in the turret, at which point like 4 enemies shoot me and I die. If I try to get a different positioning to not go in the turret, I usually can't find it and get run over. Do you have to do it from directly in front of them?
I rarely board vehicles, but I think it's easiest if you try and board from the backside.

I just need a good pair of headphones that wont hury while i wear my glasses :((

Git gud vision

You can go through reviews.
When I bought the HyperX Cloud some guys on the Internet said that they were comfortable with glasses. I'm not sure, since they are tight, but that's What I read

Okay sad panda is sad panda when looking at uncommon to rare reqs left to unlock. I thought I was closer, but I just tallied everything up and have exactly 21 packs to go to get through silver. Was hoping to be done before Monday but I'm working 12 hour shifts today through Sunday, which will probably make it impossible.

Dice

you think no one was gonna see that shit!? GAF sees everything.
I was just trying to make less image bloat. ;_;

Edit:
I just want a controller that I can plug my headset into (mic-less) and listen to everything through the headset. Tired of playing with the sound turned off. I'm using an OG controller. It's sick!
it's not
Yeah when I get into grindy mode I want to listen to music and game sounds over the same headphones, but I don't have a channel mixer or cable for that.

Ryde3

I have jump on my left paddle and boost on my right paddle and I cannot go back, it feels so natural not having to take my thumbs off the joysticks for either action.

Top Bottom