• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC Multiplayer "1th" patch "fix" live!

LycanXIII

Cross-Posted from the main Halo: MCC Thread:

Follow up in that thread of tweets:

2b76b5e1438333f86b51448458aad3c5.png

The compensation is all Xbox Support, nothing from 343's end.

jem0208

So, this game is STILL absolutely unplayable online?

I'm waiting for it to get fixed before I buy it.
It's not unplayable. Most people are getting into games, it's just taking far longer than it should and uneven teams are almost constant. There are also a host of other bugs. However when you do get into a game it's absolutely fantastic.

That said, for some it appears it literally is unplayable however they seem to be in the minority as most have been able to get into at least a few games.

hwalker84

It works sometimes for some never for others. Nothing is consistent. The game is one of the buggiest console games I've ever seen. I don't believe them that they didn't catch any of this before launch.

Etnos

Banned
But there is logic in MS thinking "lets get a Halo title out before Black Friday"

Priority should be let's get a Halo tittle out "That works", this is their flagship franchise. It would have been better for them to wait to February, they are devaluating their own most valuable name.

Smell E. Butz

Neo Member
I don't agree with the "once you DO get into a game, it's fantastic" sentiment, because playing 3v4 or 2v5 is not "fantastic". Neither are the crashes.

BokehKing

Banned
It's so weird seeing people making up a story about MS rushing 343. Pretty sure it was 343's decision to make the MCC collection what it is. I think Bonnie or Kiki can be quoted on the H2A making-of vid doc that they came up with it.

There's no logic in thinking 343 or MS wanted MCC to turn out this way.

Huh? this is all Phil could talk about since E3, this was the ace up the sleeve, game is broken with duct tape on it and the guy dissapears
We know his magical words can't fix it, but damn say somethng

btrboyev

Phil spencer and his team should be all up in 343's ass at this point. If 343 can't get it done, then MS should get someone else in there to fix it.

Phil spencer and his team should be all up in 343's ass at this point. If 343 can't get it done, then MS should get someone else in there to fix it.

They probably are.. but it doesn't do good for morale if he tweets, "Gonna fix these assholes up at 343, god damn morons"

I've given up on matchmaking for days now. Last time I tried, it took me nearly 3 hours to play 4 matches and two of them were uneven teams (5v4). I've just been playing campaign which is still holding strong for me with the only exception being I had to start Assault on the Control room over because yeah.

It still works especially if you go into matchmaking alone. Trying to get matches with friends is painful. Uneven teams happens often. The game still "works" to some extent its just tedious slow and annoying.

I'm not trying to downplay or excuse the problems either. I really think that MS, 343 and whatever partners were contracted should be ashamed. You can't treat you biggest franchise like this.

they already got your money

343 don't care

I'd imagine they do. 343 won't be hanging onto that money for long if so many people continue to demand refunds. Not to mention this "compensation"; Microsoft will make sure 343 will be footing the bill there. And of course there's all the lost sales due to word of mouth and negative press.

I'd say this whole fiasco has already cost them a lot. At this point, it's damage control.

Obscured

It's not unplayable. Most people are getting into games, it's just taking far longer than it should and uneven teams are almost constant. There are also a host of other bugs. However when you do get into a game it's absolutely fantastic.

That said, for some it appears it literally is unplayable however they seem to be in the minority as most have been able to get into at least a few games.

The inconsistency really is the most bizarre thing about this. If I don't get a game right away I quit out and then come back in and then it typically works well for me, though I'm still seeing the uneven teams and a lot of games seem like P2P as opposed to dedicated.

So far today Team Slayer, Big Team. And Halo 2:Anniversary have been working well for me.

they already got your money

343 don't care

You see, that i don't believe for a second. Yes, they might have your money now, but by releasing products in these conditions, they will get less and less of it. People will associate 343 and Halo with broken products more and more. Just like EA and Dice.

So yeah, they should care.

.la1n

Follow up in that thread of tweets:

The compensation is all Xbox Support, nothing from 343's end.

This happens way too often with Xbox support. Every time I contact them about anything I will get a different answer every time I speak to someone different. There is never any consistency in what you are told so you just end up completely confused on what to do.

That is some disheartening shit.

Bonnie Ross 343i said:
On Nov 11th we released Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The goal being to create a tribute to Halo fans around the world, and to celebrate the Master Chief’s debut on Xbox One. With the initial release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, however, we have not delivered the experience you deserve. I personally apologize for this on behalf of us all at 343 Industries. Our team is committed to working around the clock until these issues are resolved.

While our team works on continual improvements and towards solutions, my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

On the matchmaking front, we have encountered unexpected issues that were not apparent in our internal test environment and that have resulted in a frustrating experience, including long matchmaking times and low session success rates. Within 343 Industries and Xbox, I can assure you that resolving these issues is our #1 priority. We continue to partner with the Xbox platform team to analyze all data to make ongoing server-side adjustments to continually improve the matchmaking experience. We are also preparing additional content updates that will address existing campaign, UI, and other issues to improve the overall experience. With each update we will carefully analyze data to confirm that the improvements we’re seeing internally are also happening with fans at home.

Know that we’re trying to be as nimble as possible to put fixes in place. We are planning multiple server-side tweaks and game content updates over the coming weeks. Looking forward, I want to give you a high-level cadence of the latest updates we’re currently working on. Development and testing of our latest content update continues and we are on track for release later this week. We will update you on the status and patch notes of the content update once we have a better understanding of our release window. Only through making changes on both the “server side” (matchmaking and other server rulesets) and, via content updates (to the game itself), can we make the significant progress we’re working towards. And in the interest of expediency, we’re attacking the problem from both sides, non-stop.

As we have been, we will continue to post the details of our updates and other adjustments on Halo Waypoint. Please check our forums at http://aka.ms/mcc_updates for the latest details as we roll out further fixes.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the delay and for the negative aspects of your experience to date. We’re doing everything in our power to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Ross – Studio Head, 343 Industries

Told you guys. It's the holidays.

as long as framerate fixes for H2A are included in some of those content updates, i can lay my pitchfork to rest.

game's been a great advertisement for other games though...

Top Bottom