• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Ma-Yuan

Log on to my PS5, go to Elden Ring, about to play the new DLC and the first thing I see is an openly antisemitic stream ”From the River to the Sea…” - I report it and then PlayStation Safety thinks there is nothing wrong with it. Good to know Sony thinks Antisemitism and genocidal chants are A-OK!
I report non stop racist stuff on Facebook and it never turns out to never be against their community standards. Its a joke.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I report non stop racist stuff on Facebook and it never turns out to never be against their community standards. Its a joke.

It’s only racist/bigotted if you say something mildly insulting about a select group of approved “oppressed” people. Jews? Fuck them, they are always the oppressors. - Sony/Meta/99.9% of major companies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
There are no women in the audience, because they are in the kitchen where they belong.

Democracy will be the downfall of western civilization once demographics are no longer in our favor. I don't know who I despise more, the radical Muslims leading the invasion or the cowardly, opportunistic politicians who understand exactly what they are doing but don't give a fuck as long as they get theirs.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not against democracy but it needs to change in order to survive. All points of view are not equally valid and do not deserve equal protection under the law. We need to establish fundamental inalienable rights as well as mandatory responsibilities, and if you don't want to accept those, gtfo of our country.

We can start with this law: armies are for the protection of the people and not the other way around.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
For anyone genuinely concerned about the humanitarian situation in Gaza, you'll be glad to read this latest report from the UN's Famine Review Committee in which they plainly admit that their numbers from earlier this year regarding amount of food available to Gazans did not take into account additional sources that were providing for the people at the time.

These include shipments made by private companies as well as certain local food production facilities which never stopped operating, and also some that were reopened with Israel's help after the war began.

This information was no secret to anyone who was paying attention. It was reported in Israel and was available on our governmental websites, such as COGAT.

When accounting for this "new" data, the committee comes to the conclusion that there was - at minimum - enough food available in Gaza to fill the daily caloric requirements of every single person, and then some. Specifically, the committee's most conservative estimate, as per the report, is 109% of recommended daily caloric intake per person, with a less conservative estimate of 157% per person.

This does not guarantee that no Gazans are starving, as we all know it ultimately comes down to distribution, for which Hamas is responsible. But remember that the Gaza strip is small and densely populated, so it does not require a logistical miracle to spread out the supplies, only the good will of Hamas and other local organizations.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Islamophobia must be condemned. If this shit was towards blacks, asians, whatever, media coverage would be thru the roof. Pesky Jews don't die.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Islamophobia must be condemned. If this shit was towards blacks, asians, whatever, media coverage would be thru the roof. Pesky Jews don't die.

They wear Keffiyeh, hide their faces, promote the death and subjugation of an entire ethnoreligious group, physically assault innocent people, and have damaged private and governmental property.

They are terrorists. Full stop. We need to stop allowing these to continue and place them in jail where they belong.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
For anyone genuinely concerned about the humanitarian situation in Gaza, you'll be glad to read this latest report from the UN's Famine Review Committee in which they plainly admit that their numbers from earlier this year regarding amount of food available to Gazans did not take into account additional sources that were providing for the people at the time.

These include shipments made by private companies as well as certain local food production facilities which never stopped operating, and also some that were reopened with Israel's help after the war began.

This information was no secret to anyone who was paying attention. It was reported in Israel and was available on our governmental websites, such as COGAT.

When accounting for this "new" data, the committee comes to the conclusion that there was - at minimum - enough food available in Gaza to fill the daily caloric requirements of every single person, and then some. Specifically, the committee's most conservative estimate, as per the report, is 109% of recommended daily caloric intake per person, with a less conservative estimate of 157% per person.

This does not guarantee that no Gazans are starving, as we all know it ultimately comes down to distribution, for which Hamas is responsible. But remember that the Gaza strip is small and densely populated, so it does not require a logistical miracle to spread out the supplies, only the good will of Hamas and other local organizations.

It is shocking reading the intro of the report where they essentially go “please do not hurt us, it is what the data says, we cannot help it”. Sure they do caution about not just waiting for them to declare a famine to pay attention to aid distribution and all, but it just reads wrong…

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
All points of view are not equally valid and do not deserve equal protection under the law.
… and this is how once the demographic majority is lost the effect just accelerates like crazy.

First of all, there is no society including the libertarian U.S. where freedom of speech is unlimited, but within those very large boundaries yes you need to fight for all points of view to have equal protection under the law and do not criminalise thought crimes.

Adding thought crimes, criminalising speech, compelling speech, or the excesses of modern cancel culture (trying to ruin people’s lives as a judge jury executioner mob and the corporations that enable it), the attitude of purity test after purity test / with us or against us (where agreeing with your enemy on obvious truths like that the Earth is round makes you “against us”), etc… this makes for a more and more extreme and polarised society where such kind of morals and social behaviour is accepted.

Such a society is not a society you want to live in if you are not in the isolated bubble of those currently in power. We fought for thousand of years to get to the relatively peak form of 21st century west, let’s not keep on wrecking it with the audacity and ego of being sure tearing things down always brings upon something good (at least if “we” do it).

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
… and this is how once the demographic majority is lost the effect just accelerates like crazy.

First of all, there is no society including the libertarian U.S. where freedom of speech is unlimited, but within those very large boundaries yes you need to fight for all points of view to have equal protection under the law and do not criminalise thought crimes.

Adding thought crimes, criminalising speech, compelling speech, or the excesses of modern cancel culture (trying to ruin people’s lives as a judge jury executioner mob and the corporations that enable it), the attitude of purity test after purity test / with us or against us (where agreeing with your enemy on obvious truths like that the Earth is round makes you “against us”), etc… this makes for a more and more extreme and polarised society where such kind of morals and social behaviour is accepted.

Such a society is not a society you want to live in if you are not in the isolated bubble of those currently in power. We fought for thousand of years to get to the relatively peak form of 21st century west, let’s not keep on wrecking it with the audacity and ego of being sure tearing things down always brings upon something good (at least if “we” do it).
I completely agree that any changes or restrictions of freedom must be planned, executed and monitored with utmost care. I don't think for a second it'll be easy, and mistakes will probably be made.

But the alternative is more horrible, to me. If a majority in Britain are Muslim, Sharia may be a democratically supported law. This would be the death of democracy. Israel is facing a similar struggle, where over 50% of the population supported a repugnant and dangerous government. Not just dangerous to Palestinians, but to secular Jews and women.

One way to avoid the need of draconic laws limiting freedom is to allow countries to divide into smaller, independent units, with their own laws. This seems to be effective in the U.S., at least some of the time.

But ultimately I do think there are fundamental laws that an enlightened society should be able to agree upon and enforce. Such as the example I gave: "the people shall not be put in a position where they protect the military with their lives."

The type of abominations which allow for societies like the one in Gaza to form are far past issues of freedom of speech or thought - those are already long gone in Gaza.

I highly recommend watching the YouTube series "Whispered in Gaza". It's an animated version of real audio interviews conducted with civilians in 2023. It was enough to get even other Muslim countries to condemn Hamas. But for some reason the West didn't give it much weight.

Links:

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I completely agree that any changes or restrictions of freedom must be planned, executed and monitored with utmost care. I don't think for a second it'll be easy, and mistakes will probably be made.

But the alternative is more horrible, to me. If a majority in Britain are Muslim, Sharia may be a democratically supported law. This would be the death of democracy. Israel is facing a similar struggle, where over 50% of the population supported a repugnant and dangerous government. Not just dangerous to Palestinians, but to secular Jews and women.

One way to avoid the need of draconic laws limiting freedom is to allow countries to divide into smaller, independent units, with their own laws. This seems to be effective in the U.S., at least some of the time.

But ultimately I do think there are fundamental laws that an enlightened society should be able to agree upon and enforce. Such as the example I gave: "the people shall not be put in a position where they protect the military with their lives."

The type of abominations which allow for societies like the one in Gaza to form are far past issues of freedom of speech or thought - those are already long gone in Gaza.

I highly recommend watching the YouTube series "Whispered in Gaza". It's an animated version of real audio interviews conducted with civilians in 2023. It was enough to get even other Muslim countries to condemn Hamas. But for some reason the West didn't give it much weight.

Links:

If the changes you think of are made, you can be sure it will turn out like you fear and faster. Think it through.

You are shaping society the way what you see as the enemy also would shape it like and you feel comfortable because you are in power.

Ask the Romans or the ancient world how that tactic worked with early Christians…

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
If the changes you think of are made, you can be sure it will turn out like you fear and faster. Think it through.

You are shaping society the way what you see as the enemy also would shape it like and you feel comfortable because you are in power.

Ask the Romans or the ancient world how that tactic worked with early Christians…
I've only explicitly offered a single law and it is the polar opposite of what my enemies are doing.
Also, I'm not the majority in Israel. The majority - or at least the current government - is leaning much more militant.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

To be clear, I think this particular outcome is much more harmful to democracy - and in the long term, also to Israel - than the particular law that I suggested.
Don't you agree?
At least the law I suggested was an attempt to solidify a clear and general moral principle that the overwhelming majority of western civilization already agrees on. This is just an ugly and very obvious legal bandaid that separates between the rights of some and the rights of others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom