• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Health GAF, brag about your illness/ailment

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Kama_1082

Banned
Any suggestions? I suppose it doesn't help that I remain in bed even if I'm awake for hours.
How's your mattress? I had a 8 year old mattress that I never bothered to rotate and it became hard to sleep on it. Decided to replace it when we bought a new bedroom set and I've been sleeping like a baby since.

Currently dealing with a hip pain for 2 years that come on and off for no reason.
I also was told that I have a weak heart since birth and also have some bad skin condition as well.

velociraptor

How's your mattress? I had a 8 year old mattress that I never bothered to rotate and it became hard to sleep on it. Decided to replace it when we bought a new bedroom set and I've been sleeping like a baby since.

It's pretty much brand new. Have hardly used it. The last time I was home I was sleeping like a baby. Now I struggle to sleep.

Dunkley

Does it effect you in stuff like video games or watching 3D movies?

Surprisingly enough, not from what I can tell. I mean I do get disoriented and also tired in fast/high motion games, but not to the same extent as when I am moving around and have to track something while playing sports.

3D movies I can too watch fine, at least one at a time. Entertainingly enough I am a little twitchy always while watching them due to the fact that I am so trained at this point to preemptively dodge when I see something coming at me just so I can react in time (since tracking moving objects is really difficult for me due to that and I've had too much stuff hit my face), and that reflex triggers even when just watching 3D content.

Gilbert's Syndrome so while my eyes are slightly yellow at times I'm far less susceptable to heart disease.

Almost complete unilateral hearing loss. <5% in the left 100% in the right. Can sleep anywhere with any amount of noise as long as I sleep on the good ear.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I couldn't fucking sleep all night and now I'm pissed off and cranky.

This is my second sleepness night this month.

I took 8mg melatonin and it didn't do shit.

Why doesn't med school teach you about the IMPORTANT shit... like how to sleep properly and curing insomnia? Bah.

Try some black cherry juice. It has melatonin naturally and it acts faster in a liquid. (Though it usually just gives me a 30 min window to fall asleep, then nothing.)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
elephantitis of the penis

I'm probably diabetic but I'm too scared to go to the doctor. Rather stay in denial

It's worth going. My doctor suspected I might be diabetic, but it was just an ulcer. Gotta take an acid reducer for a while and I'll apparently be fine.

Valravn

Does anyone here have seborrheic dermatitis? I cant get it under control with shampoos. Some work for a while but then the dermatitis gets immune to it or something. The itch is driving me crazy!

Nivash

Cure of my depression now, still got other things to deal with though. Right now: blefaritis (my moron of a GP couldn't confirm the diagnosis even after I told him what it was, off to see an ophtalmologist in two weeks).

Oh, and also grass pollen allergy, exercise-induced asthma, atopic eczema and lately seborroic eczema. So pretty much the entire allergic triad. The blefaritis is connected too, I think it's rash induced.

Koriandrr

I probably shouldn't say this, but I found this thread entertaining.

On topic: I'm anemic. I pass out when I get too hot, I pass out if I take a hot bath, I pass out if I run too long, I pass out when I get my ears pieced, no idea why, could be adrenaline related. I also hate summer, for reasons above.

Ayumi

I have a rotary cuff injury in my right shoulder, which lets me dislocate my shoulder on-demand. But I stopped using it as a party trick because the sound freaked people out too much. (&#3665;´&#12539;&#969;&#12539;`&#3665;)

NEO0MJ

I have a rotary cuff injury in my right shoulder, which lets me dislocate my shoulder on-demand. But I stopped using it as a party trick because the sound freaked people out too much. (&#3665;´&#12539;&#969;&#12539;`&#3665;)

No no, keep doing. If they freak out that means that they can't contain how happy they are with your trick :3

Mr-Joker

Banned
Profoundly deaf in both ears, so I wear hearing aids to hear... I am a cyborg.

Oh I also have asthma, but that's under control and I also have learning difficulty, though that may have resulted from my deafness.

I also have a broken nose and I had an operation to fixed it but it doesn't seem to have worked. :(

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I have psioratic arthritis in my left hand and my feet (got toe surgery for that). I got a minor pectus carinatum. I got legally blinded in my right eye thanks to lasik. I had a depressed skull, so I got a cranioplasty recently. I have HIV. I was diagnosed with Asperger's. I have extreme social anxiety, it got so bad this year that I can't even go to a restaurant without experiencing a mild panic attack.

I got tons of other surgeries (nose, jaw, teeth...).

Receding gums (already had 3 sets of grafts and need more) among other things, including anxiety, depression, and a "straightening of the cervical spine indicative of muscle spasm" (which has lasted for 3 years now and I've just about had it, so I'm getting proactive again and going back to the doctor).

And allopecia right down the middle of my long metal-head hair. Fitting that I would lose the very thing I have flaunted, and not even in the typical male-pattern.\

...that felt good.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Epilepsy (light I guess). Can't remember what the doctor said (it has been 2.5 years) but if anything I blame it on playing MW2 day and night for years while up close to the screen. No one in my family has it. As long as I take my medication I'm fine, haven't had a seizure or attack or anything like that happen in a while (ever since I got those meds). If I stop using them it will probably start again.

Damn you CoD.

Also bad vision (couldn't see shit from a distance) but got an eye surgery a few weeks ago and I recommend it. It is amazing. No need for stupid glasses. Feels like a new world. Like switching from SD to HD irl.

Daingurse

Hell why not. I have Major Depression, asthma, hypertension, chronic migraines, cluster headaches, and a lactose intolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom