• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls coming to PS4 (pal only for now, US to follow)

Pachimari

I loved Heavy Rain and have been dying to replay it the past months. And even though I recently bought Beyond, I haven't played it.

So this remaster bundle will be gold to me. Just as God of War 3 will be a nice investment as I never got to play the game on PS3.

Do we know what'll they'll do with the Heavy Rain remaster beside 1080p/60fps?

Europe sticking it to the US lately with the lack of Steins;Gate here and now this. Even if it's coming sometime, sounds like Europe will get the PS4 versions before US.

RSB

Banned
Seriously, the rumor has been going around for so long that I was afraid it would never actually happen.

Really enjoyed both games, will buy the physical version for sure.

Edit: Woah, they are also adding the option to play Beyond in chronological order? Awesome.

thelastword

Banned
Why? I wouldn't replay a PS3 game in PS3 quality on PS4. I will buy and replay a PS4 version of Heavy Rain in 1080p/60.

Console BC is crap and heavily overrated. Main point of PC BC is that you can play older games for free with better graphics / performance on your new machine. If all you can do is to play the game exactly as it was ten years ago - then I'll pass, thanks.
Exactly, I don't mind buying games over if it means I get to play them with better models, textures, resolution, lighting and framerate. I too believe that BC is mostly useless in it's current state, I will prefer remasters every single time on a newer console.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not that it's hard to follow, it's more to do with all the jumping around ruining the story. You pretty much know what is going to happen later on in the story because you've played those parts already but have to play parts before it knowing fully well how it will end up.
I think that's what makes it interesting. The effects on the story are small rather than large, which makes the whole interactive storytelling thing much more subtle and nuanced than the Telltale games.

GavinUK86

Played Heavy Rain for 3 hours and hated it. Loved Beyond and would consider it as one of the 10 best games of the last generation.

I agree with the Beyond statement. I absolutely love that game. Played it twice, tried for a third in chronological order but exiting and choosing the chapter after every scene got tedious. That's one reason I'm really excited about this, playing it in that order, from young to old.

weevles

Edit:

You are not left out America

Oh good. I never did finish Beyond Two Souls. I would definitely pick up the remaster with chronological play--I never really cared for how the story would jump timelines for the sake of it.

I played Heavy Rain a couple of times for the endings. Not interested in a remaster of that one.

Pilgrimzero

Played Heavy Rain for 3 hours and hated it. Loved Beyond and would consider it as one of the 10 best games of the last generation.

I played HR less than that but agree with the rest.

Plus reading up on the plot holes etc didn't help me to want to play it again

Agent X

Gold Member
I loved Heavy Rain, but I never got around to picking up Beyond: Two Souls. I might give the PS4 version a try if the price is good.

styl3s

Held off on Beyond: Two Souls for the inevitable PS4 release so i am excited to get it. Hopefully it comes out in the US either before Oct-Nov of this year or after Q1 2016 because a lot of stuff is starting to trickle out.

hesido

after Microsofts backward compatibility announcement, this stuff makes me laugh hard.

Backwards compatibility is very nice to have, but I don't think people were waiting on the PS4 version just to be able to play it just like the PS3 version, this is going to be a remaster.

No remaster is going to replace B/C functionality, but they are different things.

Neonglitz

Banned
Outdated thing has no games to offer & is not good enough. Thus releasing old games again with some stupid not so important enhancements.

delume

E3 is managing to rejuvenate my gaming mojo. Hype! With this, The Last of Us and the Drake collection I am able to visit the games I was always annoyed at missing last generation while gaming on the 360.

Top Bottom