• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Official PC Specs

Bernoulli

M2 slut
GMqb5ObXUAAOkat

Last edited:

Jaybe

Can you really call it 1080p when a quarter of the screen is dedicated to black bars for that cinematic effect?

squarealex

The consoles aren't PC's and don't act like such.
Except Xbox Series S. Medium Stuff (Ryzen 3th gen / 2070) is almost PS5 / Xbox Series X

We don't know if this settings run at 60fps or 30fps. And the little disclaimer "Higher Framerate can be achieved" that's tell me, that's need DLSS Frame Generator or FSR3 Frame generator to reach 60fps.

shamoomoo

PS5 equivalent is RX5700, Series X is probably closer to RX5700XT
So what is described as "medium" at 1080p settings is equivalent to console hardware...
No,the PS5 fill-rates are higher than both at stock frequency. The Series X is closer to both in terms of ROPs fill-rate and faster at texturing plus the Series X has more memory bandwidth.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Cant wait for this game now. Hope its as good as the first. Ive been binging big JRPGs and looking forward to a nice short arty pallet cleanser.

M1987

So does the bit at the bottom mean these are the specs with framegen turned on? if it is I'm not playing this shit

They fabricate results.
In every tech forum, you post anything from userbenchmark, and people will immediately call you out.
I was looking for more detail and found this:

• Biased component rating: UserBenchmark has been accused of having a biased rating system, favoring certain CPU and GPU manufacturers over others. This can lead to inaccurate and misleading information for users.
  • Inaccurate benchmarking: The website’s benchmarking method has been criticized for being flawed, with some users reporting that it doesn’t accurately represent real-world performance.
  • User-submitted data: UserBenchmark relies on user-submitted data, which can be problematic. This can lead to inflated scores due to users trying to game the system by submitting high scores, and also, it can be difficult to ensure the accuracy of the data.
  • Lack of transparency: The website’s methodology and scoring system are not transparent, making it difficult for users to understand how their results are calculated and what they mean.
  • Inconsistent scoring: Some users have reported that the website’s scoring system is inconsistent, with different results for the same hardware.
  • Negative assessments of certain processors: UserBenchmark has been criticized for giving negative assessments to certain processors, such as octa-core processors, despite them being capable of delivering better performance.
  • Inaccurate information: Some users have reported receiving inaccurate information from the website, such as incorrect benchmark scores or misleading reviews.
  • Lack of credibility: UserBenchmark has been criticized for lacking credibility, with some users questioning the website’s expertise and objectivity.
  • Inability to provide a comprehensive picture: The website’s benchmarking method is limited, and it may not provide a comprehensive picture of a hardware’s performance, making it difficult for users to make informed decisions.

Interesting. Still seems like a decent enough site for a gut-check, but I guess I won't be relying on them when making purchases in the future.

winjer

I was looking for more detail and found this:

Interesting. Still seems like a decent enough site for a gut-check, but I guess I won't be relying on them when making purchases in the future.

Please don't use uberbenchmark. It's a source of misinformation.
There are so many reliable sources for hardware news and benchmarks. For example:
Techpowerup
Techspot
gamernexus
chipsandcheese
anandtech
guru3d
igorslab

And so many more.
Even Linus is much better than userbenchmark.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
12GB VRAM @ 4K Very High settings and it requires 16 or 20GB GPUs? Who are you trying to fool here, Ninja Theory? And no target FPS again?

giphy.gif

If I had to guess based on what they're trying to do visually, the game in terms of performance will be somewhat similar to Alan Wake 2 before many performance patches were released.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
on paper, but they have their own architectures, SDK's and so on. Similar, but not same..

The architecture is RDNA 2.0 although I believe Xbox may have some custom elements, but largely the same. Xbox uses the same SDK as PC. Microsoft unified the dev kits with GDK. Likely there are some Xbox specific functions and whatnot though.

Probably the biggest difference would be with the underlying operating system as it is still Windows based, but with changes to allow stuff like Quick Resume. I'm not certain of that though.

Probably the biggest difference would be with the underlying operating system as it is still Windows based, but with changes to allow stuff like Quick Resume. I'm not certain of that though.
not to mention the plethora of different configurations that come with pc's. None are the same.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
All over my body!
HGSc3Rj.gif

How much Intel Optimization did they do cuz the A580 and A770 seem to be carrying a shit ton of weight.
I know native XeSS is fast but is it really that fast?

I really do need to buy an A770 or B770 if they announce them soon.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This on GeForce? Had amazing results with AW2 max settings on there.

May be the way for this one if it’s actually worth a monthly sub to try.

Top Bottom