• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eiknarf

It's Monday. I need some updated Steam numbers and Hellblade 2 hate in my veins!! Hook it up!!!!
Inject Usl League One GIF by Tormenta FC
Unless Hellblade II ports over to the PS5, the hype is over.

Eiknarf

Even if it comes to PS5, why would there be hype? If there is hype, its probably coming from Digital Fountry staffers waiting to do console comparison.
I just mean, the game would pop up in conversation (on YouTube, game sites, reviews, and forums) for a brief period again.

It had a three week run of being talked about, and it’s over

BigLee74

Finished.

Plenty long enough for me - certainly took longer than the 5 or 6 hours you see being banded about, and I didn’t even go collecting.

As for the game itself, meh. Some interesting areas and ideas, some amazing graphics, but overall I still preferred the first one.

I honestly think both the puzzles and combat were worse than the first. How can that be? Admittedly the fights looked amazing, but they boiled down to spamming dodge, swiping, focus, kill. Very little variation or skill involved.

Still, I enjoyed it for what it was, and it was definitely better than a lot of games I have played this year.

Scrapes a 7/10.

Oh, and I was always amazed that everything that looked like a pre-rendered cutscene was actually in engine, and you could still go into photo mode and move the camera about etc. Very very impressive!
Hey ShadowkillXNA ShadowkillXNA buddy, what was funny about the above post? Very interested to see how your mind is working.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Hey ShadowkillXNA ShadowkillXNA buddy, what was funny about the above post? Very interested to see how your mind is working.
Idk, but for what it's worth (I'm someone who's not afraid to do pushback on the usual suspect trolls), you made a perfectly fair and sensible post 👌

Edit: Wait, at first I thought he perhaps was an Xbox fan annoyed by the criticism, but now it turns out your post was too positive for a PS fan, lol

Last edited:

Camreezie

Played this in two sittings over the weekend. I remember preordering the first game back in 2017, glad I had gamepass to save me from feeling the wallet sting this time. Reminded me very much of The Order 1886 situation with it being a absolute graphical showcase but so short that hardly anyone will buy this at full price. Clocked in at 7h30 for the 1000/1000G and about just under 6h for the playthrough 🤡 RIP Ninja Theory

Varteras

Gold Member
Played this in two sittings over the weekend. I remember preordering the first game back in 2017, glad I had gamepass to save me from feeling the wallet sting this time. Reminded me very much of The Order 1886 situation with it being a absolute graphical showcase but so short that hardly anyone will buy this at full price. Clocked in at 7h30 for the 1000/1000G and about just under 6h for the playthrough 🤡 RIP Ninja Theory

Yeah. Took me around 5.5 hours to clear. I was so damn bored. The technical visuals were the only impressive thing about it. And that wore thin very quick in the face of everything else being subpar.

Top Bottom