• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

GymWolf

I'm replaying mgs5 during these days and now i get why people think movements and feeling are similar to helldivers2, they have both the same shitty, unpredictable random climbing system where you are never sure if you can climb something or not (even when the button prompt appear you can still slide down like a turd) :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I've not noticed any changes since the update. Maybe it's because I'm so damn good with my loadout, but nothing is easier. Had 5 bile titans at one point, chasing my ass. Fortunately, the grenade launcher and incendiary shotgun took good care of them. 😅

Erm that's the change that people are noticing, the patrols are like... "OOPS ALL CHARGERS"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm replaying mgs5 during these days and now i get why people think movements and feeling are similar to helldivers2, they have both the same shitty, unpredictable random climbing system where you are never sure if you can climb something or not (even when the button prompt appear you can still slide down like a turd) :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Traversal was sublime in Death Stranding. All games need that level of traversal tweaked to gameplay.

Erm that's the change that people are noticing, the patrols are like... "OOPS ALL CHARGERS"
And bile spewers like a mofo out of the bug breaches. Noticed a ton on level 6, but not as much on level 7.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Traversal was sublime in Death Stranding. All games need that level of traversal tweaked to gameplay.

And bile spewers like a mofo out of the bug breaches. Noticed a ton on level 6, but not as much on level 7.

I think on 7+ they prioritise heavy type enemies where the bile spewers are medium. Hence the spam at lower difficulties.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah, pushing the triggers all the fucking time to not fall down like a moron was super fun and engaging, especially when you understand that just keeping them pressed all the time was the solution (but not less annoying)

It was so fun that i could feel other people relief from distance when someone was making highways and transport lines in their server so they could just avoid to engage with the fun traversal and just drive in a straight line or hang up on a line and get to destination.

We were discussing about serious games like hd2 and mgs5, let's keep the pretentious crap out of this topic please :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think on 7+ they prioritise heavy type enemies where the bile spewers are medium. Hence the spam at lower difficulties.
Yeah. I find chargers and bile titans more tolerable than 4 to 5 spewers at a clip. Payouts and resource quantity are much better on 7 as well.

Yeah, pushing the triggers all the fucking time to not fall down like a moron was super fun and engaging, especially when you understand that just keeping them pressed all the time was the solution (but not less annoying)

It was so fun that i could feel other people relief from distance when someone was making highways and transport lines in their server so they could just avoid to engage with the fun traversal and just drive in a straight line or hang up on a line and get to destination.

We were discussing about serious games like hd2 and mgs5, let's keep the pretentious crap out of this topic please :messenger_winking_tongue:
Hence why I said tweaked to the games gameplay. How he traversed was better than any game ever. No super climbing the damned supply drop trying to get an ammo reload, but getting stuck on 6 inch terrain height.

Last edited:

Why you playing on easy mode?

GymWolf

Yeah. I find chargers and bile titans more tolerable than 4 to 5 spewers at a clip. Payouts and resource quantity are much better on 7 as well.

Hence why I said tweaked to the games gameplay. How he traversed was better than any game ever. No super climbing the damned supply drop trying to get an ammo reload, but getting stuck on 6 inch terrain height.
Nah, i take actual fun, fast traversal like in infamous, attack on titan games, hell even forspoken or atlas fallen over that clunky shit, sorry not sorry.

When i unlocked the power leg and jump leg was when i started to have a bit of fun with the traversal because i was faster and not as clunky, but even that pale compared to actual fast, acrobatic traversal mechanics.

A broken climbing system in other games doesn't make ds traversal less boring or clunky to me.

GymWolf

Why you playing on easy mode?
Unfortunately i bought the game at launch so there wasn't almost any highway or zip line (they started to appear when i was almost at the end), i had to use my feet and run because the driving system of bikes\car was absolute dogshit so i t was just less maddening to just run and use ladders and shit.

But when you feel relief because a mechanic let you skip the core gameplay, you know your core gameplay is dudu.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nah, i take actual fun, fast traversal like in infamous, attack on titan games, hell even forspoken or atlas fallen over that clunky shit, sorry not sorry.

When i unlocked the power leg and jump leg was when i started to have a bit of fun with the traversal because i was faster and not as clunky, but even that pale compared to actual fast, acrobatic traversal mechanics.

A broken climbing system in other games doesn't make ds traversal less boring or clunky to me.
Hence why I mentioned tweaked to a game's gameplay.

Unfortunately i bought the game at launch so there wasn't almost any highway or zip line (they started to appear when i was almost at the end), i had to use my feet and run because the driving system of bikes\car was absolute dogshit so i t was just less maddening to just run and use ladders and shit.

But when you feel relief because a mechanic let you skip the core gameplay, you know your core gameplay is dudu.
I played the game offline. Part of the fun was to create the roads and make the zipline to go from point to point instantly. I think that with ziplines I never did travel more than once or two times on foot/bike to one client. Why so much hate for one of the best parts of the game?

GymWolf

I played the game offline. Part of the fun was to create the roads and make the zipline to go from point to point instantly. I think that with ziplines I never did travel more than once or two times on foot/bike to one client. Why so much hate for one of the best parts of the game?
Unfortunately i hate building stuff with a passion.

Also no hate, ziplines and stuff are no doubt what made the game bereable for many people, i was hating on the walking part really.

Last edited:
Unfortunately i hate building stuff with a passion.

Also no hate, ziplines and stuff are no doubt what made the game bereable for many people, i was hating on the walking part really.
I can understand that. Just that for me the exploration was great. Finding the right placement to use the limited budget to place the ziplines to reduce movement to a strict minimum was fun. Then it is just going from zipline to zipline until destination. I admit that the mountain was tiring at times, but I still liked it.

GymWolf

I can understand that. Just that for me the exploration was great. Finding the right placement to use the limited budget to place the ziplines to reduce movement to a strict minimum was fun. Then it is just going from zipline to zipline until destination. I admit that the mountain was tiring at times, but I still liked it.
Yeah the building stuff was probably fun for people who like that sort of thing.

I tried placing a zipline but i got bored halfway througt :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Yeah the building stuff was probably fun for people who like that sort of thing.

I tried placing a zipline but i got bored halfway througt :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I don't like building stuff in general, and the last few routes had bullshit requirement so I did not finish the full road. But you can link all clients to the hubs by zipline. And basically not walk at all when it is done. I hope that the next game will extend on this but understand that some players will prefer to concentrate on other parts of the gameplay, like the human raiders.

Boss Man

I’ve been playing this game nearly every day for about a month now, I really love it. I think it will have very long legs.

My favorite aspects:
  • Guns feel fantastic. Maybe the best of any game.
  • Dropping into online PvE matches (with optional challenge) is just the exact right temperature for gaming at the end of a work day.
  • Live service allows the game to present new content regularly.
Some feedback:
  • It’s still too buggy. I can expect to see a crash or some other showstopper once a night at least.
  • There needs to be more variation. I’m talking real variety, like spaceship battles and minigames. Just adding new mission types where you are still effectively doing the same things with new flavor text will not cut it long-term. Having an active “dungeon master” driving the missions is a wonderful idea, but they could be a lot more creative and engaging with it.
  • Resources/rewards need more balancing. Req slips are basically useless. The good uses for samples run out quickly. Two things that could be done here are consumable rewards (like single-use stratagems that you buy with req slips) and longer-term grinds for rewards that most players won’t obtain (even if they’re just cosmetic or something).
I think the progression will get better over time, but I do worry about gameplay variation. IMO for this game to work as a live service they will need to introduce entirely new systems of gameplay, not just new missions and enemy types.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Down to just Nivel 43 in the Major Order, divers.

im-doing-my-part-dogecoin.gif

Top Bottom