• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers Launches March 3rd. on PS4, PS3 & Vita.

aristotle

For some reason I get the distinct vibe that this is iso-view Destiny mixed with Starship Troopers. It looks awesome and I can't wait. I hope my friends will actually play it lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
For some reason I get the distinct vibe that this is iso-view Destiny mixed with Starship Troopers. It looks awesome and I can't wait. I hope my friends will actually play it lol

Same vibe here in a great way. If this is free on Plus it will guarantee that players will always be available for coop.

I want to know more about any customization/upgrades/abilities. I see 3-4 distinct classes?

Usobuko

Banned
Cross play, but is it cross buy? doubt it

Rv4Iwla.png

From their AMA on reddit now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I just watched the trailer, is it me or is this game heavily influenced by Starship Troopers?
Um, it's not just you.

It's also the most hardcore shooter I've ever played on a console. The convention demo was mind warpingly difficult. It's the type of game that will turn enemies into friends, and friends into enemies. Can't wait to get my hands on this again.

NastyBook

Would you like to know more?

Been waiting on this game ever since it was announced. I hope the alien crushing is as visceral as I'm hoping.

I am pumped. I have been pumped since the game's announcement and will remain in a state of pump until the scarifying winds of a distant world sand my bones to naught.

Looking forward to it.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
oh wow, that's awesome!

I literally had not followed this at all. Bought tomorrow for sure!

This likes like the definition of fun!

lt519

Buddies and I are picking this up, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the store online for pre-order??

eFKac

Watched a couple of playthroughs.

Holy shit, this may as well be the best non-arcade twin stick shooter ever. It looks fantastic.

And it's hard to believe it's procedurally generated, levels looked great. (Unless some are handcrafted)

Flunkie

Banned
I am pumped. I have been pumped since the game's announcement and will remain in a state of pump until the scarifying winds of a distant world sand my bones to naught.

Looking forward to it.
You and I will have to plan on cooping this. Something we haven't done since those SOCOM tactical games and we were in more manageable time zones.

lt519

How are they going to handle level differences? i.e. if we play separately in groups of 2 or 3 instead of all 4 every time will someone fall hopelessly behind and have the game ruined? Seems to be a major problem with most online co-op games I play.

Top Bottom