• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiphopgamer claims Nintendo also doing pc ports in the future

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
He's been around for awhile, but I don't think there's any weight to his words. At least nothing I'd immediately take and run with. This would be no different than just taking anything someone says as fact on Twitter that has a decent following.

Why would a few PC companies personally tell this guy and not someone else?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don't believe anyone knows that, so thumbs down on his claim. (n)

But I have been saying that it's not nearly as crazy as people think. Nintendo is nearly perfectly positioned for this transition already, whenever they feel the desire to do it.

1) They don't depend on 3rd party revenue all that much. They get some for sure, but have been without most large 3rd party series for over a decade now. If they do want to open a PC / Cloud store of their own, indies will still want to be on it, and that's the bulk of what they sell now 3rd party.
2) They have their game development budgets well controlled already.
3) They have truly universal appeal so the potential for explosive adoption on PC, TVs, cloud, mobile is huge. Virtually everyone wants to play their stuff.

Really all it takes is for them to calculate that #3 is a greater number than #1. Totally up to them, and I don't really think we'll see it anytime soon. Not until Switch 2 is fully done, so like 7-8 years from now we could see it.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Gold Member
The source is established, but I don't remember him being much of an insider, more of a superfan/speculator. All this to say, yuge grain o' salt on this one.

I'd love to see it. Nintendo should have bought up a company with PC dev experience and launched their own client ages ago, if only for retro/arcade gaming. They could still get away with it, but they're better off going the Steam route like everyone else.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I will say this about Nintendo. The decision is made in Japan, not the US. The news won't be broken from the States. I believe that HipHopGamer was told by someone in Nintendo America, but that person has no power and probably wanted to sound like they are important.

Holammer

No idea who the guy is, but making up rumours is a good way to get clicks in the attention economy. We're only going to see more of it.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I honestly trust and respect this guy more than IGN (I know thats not saying a lot)

Nintendo having some type of real PC push is well overdue

Fabieter

I see this guy is one of those "insiders". People said he got alot of stuff right but there was no topic on gaf so that was definitely fishy.

feynoob

Gold Member
I would rather eat shit, than believe this.

Nintendo are Yakuza and won't turn back of their business.

No way in hell will they will do a PC port.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don't think it's happening, but they could easily do it.

Release a Switch 2 with some type of interesting gimmick controller for people that want their hardware. Or you can buy the controller by itself and it wirelessly connects to TVs, or PC. Launch a digital store on everything. Done.

But yeah, not likely to happen.

Fake

Better they make some money from people buying ports than only seeing people emulating their games for free.

Good logic, if Nintendo is not earning a huge amount of money, so they don't care.

Everyone falling apart and Nintendo is just fine, so they don't need.

Top Bottom